Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-24-11, 07:21 PM   #25
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yes it does have a client. It's called Origin. It can run in the background and auto log in.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-11, 07:27 PM   #26
ST:DS9

Default Re: Origin to Delete games after 24 months without login

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Yes it does have a client. It's called Origin. It can run in the background and auto log in.
Right on. That means if Steam or Direct2drive don't have the games I want, but Origin does, then I would buy it from there.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 09:06 AM   #27
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Do you think my old copy of Hellgate London would still be on Origin? I bought it through the EA downloader like 4 years ago or something.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 10:04 AM   #28
LurkerLito

I would think your Hellgate London would still be listed. I bought several games from EA Downloader a over the past couple of years and they were all still available when I logged into Origin the first time. In fact some games I didn't buy from EA Downloader but from Impulse were all listed under Origin as available to download.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 02:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Do you think my old copy of Hellgate London would still be on Origin? I bought it through the EA downloader like 4 years ago or something.
Well I was talking to a friend of mine about this today. He has Hellgate London and Mirrors Edge on EADL/Origin. Well he logged in today, and both games are gone. He hasn't logged into EADL since Mirrors Edge released, which was 2.5 years ago. He really doesn't care, since he has no intentions of ever playing those games again.
Old 07-25-11, 05:03 PM   #30
mojoman0

maybe theyre under a different email address. i just checked and i have like booster packs from bf2 and bf2142 from YEARS ago, but ive prolly logged in at least once since then. Honestly EA doesnt want to F people over with some stupid policy like this. Its purely for maintaining a database of active users and freeing up abandoned accounts
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 12:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
maybe theyre under a different email address. i just checked and i have like booster packs from bf2 and bf2142 from YEARS ago, but ive prolly logged in at least once since then. Honestly EA doesnt want to F people over with some stupid policy like this. Its purely for maintaining a database of active users and freeing up abandoned accounts
really? They need to free abandoned account that have an email address as the log in? Cause someone else might want to use my email address for their log in? Really? If Blizzard can keep account information for WoW with no time limit when someone is no longer playing, then surely EA can do the same with Origin.

But like I said, for me as long as their is a Steam like client that logs me in automatically when Windows starts, then I won't have a problem, but I still think that is most retarded policy and is completely moronic.
Old 07-26-11, 01:22 AM   #32
mojoman0

So why does it exist? To piss people off?

Old 08-04-11, 12:06 PM   #33
mojoman0

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ount-deletion/

Quote:
We’ve had word back from EA regarding their peculiarly-worded terms of service for Origin. Senior director of corporate communications John Reseburg explains: “The Origin terms of service are designed to protect against misuse of the Origin system. No Origin user who has paid entitlements and/or downloaded games will have their account cancelled or games expired due to extended non-use. The term regarding account cancellation for non-use is designed to guard against creation of non-active accounts for inappropriate reasons.”

So that’s good. As long as you weren’t intending to create non-active accounts for inappropriate reasons, anyway.