Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-01-11, 08:02 AM   #1
metis

Default Compatibility of 3D with Asus VG236H monitor and a Quadro 600 in Ubuntu 11.04

I've managed to install all drivers and got the emitter to be recognised (green light now on) but I still don't have stereo...

Some suggestions have popped up that I'll need a 3-pin mini-DIN cable for it to work under Linux, but I don't seem to have such port on my workstation or monitor.

Does this mean my set up is just not compatible with NVIDIA 3D? If so, must I get a new graphics card (which one?), a new monitor (which one?) or I must install Windows?

Any suggestions/ideas/comments are welcomed.

Thanks
metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 12:54 PM   #2
CJPC

Default Re: Compatibility of 3D with Asus VG236H monitor and a Quadro 600 in Ubuntu 11.04

Yeah - from experience, you are going to need a surprisingly much more expensive card for 3D in Linux.

I'm using a Quadro FX3700, but the 4000, 5000, 6000 also work (the newer ones), along with some others of which, there is a list on Wikipedia (look for with the 3 pin adapter). Windows, would also do the trick, since it can use the USB adapter, while linux can't.
CJPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 07:55 PM   #3
danix
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Compatibility of 3D with Asus VG236H monitor and a Quadro 600 in Ubuntu 11.04

Yes, active stereo on Linux requires a 3-pin DIN to synchronize the glasses flipping.

Note that more recent single-slot boards such as the Quadro FX 3800 and Quadro 4000 additionally need an adaptor: the board has a header for stereo sync but no actual connector due to space constraints. The adaptor takes up an additional physical slot (but doesn't plug into the motherboard) and plugs into the header on the GPU board.
danix is offline   Reply With Quote