Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-08-11, 11:47 AM   #13
rudedog
Not so Rude

Default Re: RO2: Hero's of Stalingrad Pre-order Available on Steam now

FYI looks like they will be delaying it by 2 weeks (production will be finished on time, they want the extra two weeks for beta testers to work out any bugs)
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 01:14 PM   #14
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Smells too much of console, despite being able to pre purchase with the 20% offer i'm going to wait & see on this.
It's PC exclusive.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 05:43 AM   #15
Blade
It's just a ride....

Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

= Console BS.
Old 08-09-11, 08:01 AM   #16
|MaguS|

Quote:
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

= Console BS.
Really? Please point out a console game that has a feature like that... And again, it's ****ing PC exclusive from the makers of killing floor.
Old 08-09-11, 10:36 AM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

The amount of crybaby posts in this thread are hilarious. You can adjust your ****ing sights in the game. Yup, definitely seen that in every console shooter I've ever played. Freaking whiny faggots, I swear.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 11:00 AM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

= Console BS.
Oh so console is a genre and not a platform? Man, I've had it wrong for so long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
source engine?
Yea, this is my only reservation about the game, but I am getting it anyways. Game looks like great fun. I don't care if it's popular or not.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 11:06 AM   #19
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
The amount of crybaby posts in this thread are hilarious. You can adjust your ****ing sights in the game. Yup, definitely seen that in every console shooter I've ever played. Freaking whiny faggots, I swear.
Calm down its not like they have just raped your Gran !

Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 11:08 AM   #20
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea, this is my only reservation about the game, but I am getting it anyways. Game looks like great fun. I don't care if it's popular or not.
It's the Unreal Engine, They use a modified version that is implemented in Killing Floor for the game.

Old 08-09-11, 11:10 AM   #21
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It's the Unreal Engine, They use a modified version that is implemented in Killing Floor for the game.
Yup and although it has the same horrible brown look that most unreal games have RO2 does look as though it has nice shadows...but thats about it.

Anyone else feel like they have gone back in time watching this vid...and i dont mean because it takes place in WW2...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 10:57 PM   #22
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Yup and although it has the same horrible brown look that most unreal games have RO2 does look as though it has nice shadows...but thats about it.

Anyone else feel like they have gone back in time watching this vid...and i dont mean because it takes place in WW2...
They never claimed this game to be the graphical giant that some people think every new game should be. This game is supposed to play well and have PC specific features that every other FPS has forgotten about. They already have mod teams working on complete overhauls and add on's for this game and it's not even released yet.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 11:21 PM   #23
mojoman0

Haha yea the running animations are atrocious too, but I think I've discussed that. Coming from the makers of killing floor I don't understand why some people think this game can compete with the big guns. I'm sure it will be a cult classic but that's about it, and I'm sure many will be just fine with that. Props to the Vietnam mod team, work looks great
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 12:28 AM   #24
Snake101st

Quote:
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

= Console BS.
btw there are only a few heroes (maybe even 1) per team, randomly selected among the highest ranked players in the server. They get the uber rare weapons other classes dont get, and grant morale bonuses (harder to be suppressed, I think) to nearby teammates. If they die, the morale of nearby friendlies drops for a short time.

That was posted by a dev on the official tripwire forums, I looked but couldnt find the post/thread, so youll have to take my word on it. Let me know which console games have that kind of feature.
SLI evga GTX 460 1GB
Acer GD235HZ w/ nvidia 3d vision
Snake101st is offline   Reply With Quote