Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-10-11, 10:44 PM   #37
jiffy

Default Re: RO2: Hero's of Stalingrad Pre-order Available on Steam now

Logical,

I also have concerns about the movement of the characters in RO2. In the first RO the character movement was not as smooth as it should be, especially compared to other FPS games. The Beta will be the only sign of a change that I'm hoping for in movement.

If you go to the tripwire forums you will see that the esports community never really took off for the first RO, but the RO community is very big and tight knit. The RO community created their own esports leagues and ladders for the first RO. They are already in the works for RO2 to have their own competitive leagues.

I am hoping that RO2 gains a wider acceptance and that the other competitive leagues and ladders pick up RO2.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 07:55 AM   #38
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
Logical,

I also have concerns about the movement of the characters in RO2. In the first RO the character movement was not as smooth as it should be, especially compared to other FPS games. The Beta will be the only sign of a change that I'm hoping for in movement.

If you go to the tripwire forums you will see that the esports community never really took off for the first RO, but the RO community is very big and tight knit. The RO community created their own esports leagues and ladders for the first RO. They are already in the works for RO2 to have their own competitive leagues.

I am hoping that RO2 gains a wider acceptance and that the other competitive leagues and ladders pick up RO2.
Yeah i hear you m8. From what iv'e seen so far the maps look well laid out and balanced without all the realistic details that seem to kill of FPS games these days, i.e Crysis 2 and BLOPS and maybe also BF3. Both teams spawning on oppositie sides of the map and progressing to the centre taking up spots on the way to get there whilst covering the oppositions spots...it isnt that hard for dev's to implement this sort of gameplay technique in mp games but is quite often overlooked for randomness. BLOPS fails because of this...too many random spots that are out of the way and details that provide no cover when they should, clipping and proper cover is also key...too many times in blops i think im covered only to be shot straight through a rock that is as big as a small car...not fun and quite frustrating. Dev's these days trade in gameplay and balance for more realistic environments and more often than not it doesn't work...

I have a feeling RO2 will be played in the open ladders of Clanbase which is quite a big community in europe as for the more pro leagues and LAN's we will have to see but as long as the balance, mods, and community is there it stands a good chance. Thats why games such as MoHAA, CS, CSS, COD2 and COD4 did so well...

As i said earlier my only gripe with RO2 is the Visuals and Animation, I say visuals because i know it uses UE3 although a modded version of it i can guess its going to feel like every other UE3 fps game i.e MoH: Airborne and also i noticed some very low res textures especially on characters...plus side to visuals is the shadows do look quite good and some of the floor and wall textures do look OK as do the lighting.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 09:46 AM   #39
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
As i said earlier my only gripe with RO2 is the Visuals and Animation, I say visuals because i know it uses UE3 although a modded version of it i can guess its going to feel like every other UE3 fps game i.e MoH: Airborne and also i noticed some very low res textures especially on characters...plus side to visuals is the shadows do look quite good and some of the floor and wall textures do look OK as do the lighting.
Medal of Honor's2010 single-player campaign uses heavily modified Unreal Engine 3, and honestly said it looks fantastic in general.
Old 08-22-11, 06:06 PM   #40
jiffy

New video from Gamescon on RO2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcvyeekjq_s
Old 08-22-11, 06:10 PM   #41
Snake101st

FYI you can get RO2 deluxe ($34) or regular ($27) from here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=xucoqubo

using this coupon: 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS

plus you get $5 credit for using that link. I want everyone to save as much $$ as they can, its tough being a gamer these days!

BTW the key you get will activate on steam, and yes, youll get the TF2 items.
SLI evga GTX 460 1GB
Acer GD235HZ w/ nvidia 3d vision
Snake101st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 02:04 AM   #42
jiffy

Awesome game play video here.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...hestra/719542?
Old 08-25-11, 12:54 PM   #43
Logical

Multiplayer beta gameplay

Looking forward to this game...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 09:18 AM   #44
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

GC 11: Tanks Walkthrough (Cam) video

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...chestra/719759

Old 08-31-11, 02:37 PM   #45
Blade
It's just a ride....

So feedback on the beta?
Old 08-31-11, 09:21 PM   #46
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

Beta gameplay is good, but it still has quite a few bugs.
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 12:58 AM   #47
jiffy

I find the Beta to be very good with few major bugs. They still need to clean things up but the game runs like butter on my machine.

It is everything that COD and BF will not be. The game play is much more realistic, slower paced, weapons are deadly, and you die a lot. They have taken RO1 and majorly improved the game play. If you want Boss graphics then this might not be your game, but the graphics are good enough.
Old 09-01-11, 01:01 AM   #48
mojoman0

Why not play Americas Army for free? The whole reason war games are fun is because they're fast paced and not realistic, at least that's what I thought. Game looks good tho for a small dev
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote