Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-06-11, 12:32 PM   #61
ViN86

Default Re: RO2: Hero's of Stalingrad Pre-order Available on Steam now

Honestly, I didn't notice any glaring bugs when I played the beta. I'll give it another shot tonight and see what I find.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 11:20 PM   #62
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Have you read my other posts in this thread? You must be the ONLY person on the planet who has had 0 issues.
No major deal breaking issues here either. They also released RO1, which was not a mod. It was a full game all on it's own. Maybe not AAA but not a mod or half ass game at all.

The game only gets better since TWI is actively fixing small issues daily. A dev team that cares is really what makes the game that much more enjoyable.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 02:16 AM   #63
Blade
It's just a ride....

RO was a mod, i was there ffs, it was built on U2 engine, wtf is that if it's not a mod?

Set on the Eastern Front during World War II between 1941 and 1945, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 depicts the struggle between Soviet and German forces.[1] The game's creators, Tripwire Interactive, developed the game out of the previous Unreal Tournament 2004 mod, Red Orchestra: Combined Arms.

The Red Orchestra developers, Tripwire Interactive, entered the NVIDIA Make Something Unreal Contest, with a grand prize of free Unreal Engine 2.5 and 3.0 licenses. The Combined Arms aspect of the game in version 3.0 was brought about by heavy suggestion that vehicles should be included to secure progression in the MSUC. Further refinement of the Red Orchestra total conversion led to version 3.3, the last version of the mod.

So 2 of you have no issues, i smell fanboism, go tho the Tripwire forums & then tell me there are no issues with the release.

I love the game & want it to be a success, i have followed the MOD since it's earliest inception, they are doing themselv'es 0 favors by releasing the game in it's current bug ridden state.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-11, 08:04 AM   #64
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
RO was a mod, i was there ffs, it was built on U2 engine, wtf is that if it's not a mod?

So 2 of you have no issues, i smell fanboism, go tho the Tripwire forums & then tell me there are no issues with the release.

I love the game & want it to be a success, i have followed the MOD since it's earliest inception, they are doing themselv'es 0 favors by releasing the game in it's current bug ridden state.

Thanks.
The people who whining on their forum are a vocal minority. Smaller minority of that minority there comes to write about their experiences and(or) problems.
An even smaler minority of the above minority decides to complain in the most immature and misinformed way making people such as yourself base their own opinions of the game from incorrect sources
Usually minority hates the game or has technical issues with it. The majority is having a blast playing the game (belive me or not).

Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 is a standalone game based on a greatly improved version of Epic's Unreal Engine 2.5, game that has long past raised from the initial predecessor Red Orchestra Mod (UT2.0 engine)
Old 09-07-11, 08:39 AM   #65
Blade
It's just a ride....

Thank you your opinion is valued, valued as much as something valueless.

I said I loved the game, as i do.

I merely state i believe it is not release worthy using the current Beta version as a benchmark

http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/...00310166372157

The devs are so desperate they're even asking people to bring their rigs into the office to try & fix the game ROFLMAO!

Edit:

Totally changed one's mind, find the right server, without crashes, & old skool is back!

Great game, looking forward to release. My earlier comments were unfair, generated by my initial dissapontment, lioke a big whiny kid he he.

Last edited by Blade; 09-08-11 at 02:40 PM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 02:06 AM   #66
Blade
It's just a ride....

9/8 Patch Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-New maps (Commissar's House, Station, Spartanovka, Pavlov's House)
-Client Performance Optimizations
-Client and Server crash fixes
-Improvements to hit detection
-Punkbuster Anti-Cheat can now be used by servers and is on by default
-Added enable PunkBuster setting and PunkBuster disabled warning in Server Browser
-Removed the ability to swap teams from the class select menu. Instead, there is now a button to open the team select menu. This will reduce some confusing 'Role is taken' messages.
-Adjustments to weapon unlocks for each class. Veteran marksman now unlock semi auto sniper rifles, veteran anti-tank now unlock satchels, and more.
-RO1 players will now get automatic bayonet upgrades for the Kar98 and Mosin rifle without needing to level these weapons first.
-Mid-game map voting will now immediately change maps if enough players vote.
-Fixed some reloading issues for weapons with stripper clips (G41, Kar98, etc)
-Fixed problems with enemy spotted from inside a tank
-Fixed occasionally seeing your dead self with no head or arms
-Fixed an exploit with cover allowing super speedy firing for rifles
-Fixed getting stuck inside geometry in some places when mantling
-Fixed glitchy camera view when rotating into a wall while prone
-Fixed an issue with map boundaries during Firefight sudden death
-Several spawning bugs squashed
-Fixed some issues with player progression
-Added sorting by column to the Server Browser
-Fixed server crashing due to Steamworks not being properly cleaned up
-Fixed server crashing when using PunkBuster UCON system
-Fixed Ranked vs. Unranked issues. It really works this time. Really Really
-Fixed some Spawning and Role Selection issues
-Fixed VOIP notifications not appearing and often crossing Public/Team channels
Video Settings menu refinement
-Added ability to cancel changes
-Exposed Ultra texture quality settings to only machines that have enough memory
-New Occlusion Culling Graphical Setting - higher setting will have less object "pop-in" but be slow (original default in previous beta), normal setting will run better but have a bit more object "pop-in" (New default). Will provide significantly better frame rates on normal setting.
-The maximum video setting a system will be assigned on startup is high.
-Added MaxAnisotropy of 16 to Ultra texture settings
-Added 'stat perfdump' console command to get better information about poor performance people are seeing.
-Memory Optimization for 32 bit machines.
-Fixed exploit of glowing characters on low shadow settings
-Ping now shows in the scoreboard
-Fixed binoculars not working properly when a non-standard ironsights FOV was set on rifles
-Modified network relevancy checking to reduce characters popping in
-Added the ability to enable and disable VAC for servers on the commandline (overrides what is in the ini files). To enable VAC add the switch -VACSECURED to your commandline. To disable VAC add -NOVAC to your commandline.
-Added the ability to override the automatically calculated Steam query port. Use SteamPort=<OverridePortNumbe> on your commandline. Note: Has not been heavily tested, use at your own risk
-Fixed an issue with AI swapping positions while a player was dead and waiting to take over positions in a tank. This made it appear that some positions were "coming back to life"
-Fixed some vehicle AI bugs
-Fixed not being able to kill the hull MGer or tank gunner in the Panzer IV if they were a human player
-Created an intelligent system to grab bullet from partial clips before moving on to whole clips. This prevents you from ending up with all of your clips having just a few rounds missing.
-Fixed getting bullet whizzed by guys that are not even facing you (I.e. shooting away from you). Also fixed double replication of some hit impacts/bullet whizzes.
-Refined speedhack detection to have less false positives
Old 09-12-11, 11:52 PM   #67
jiffy

Game is ready for Pre-Load on Steam!
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 12:49 PM   #68
Blade
It's just a ride....

No love for this game?

Old skool excellence, find a realism server with all maps & stuff off, identify your target before shooting him, awsome.

Old 09-19-11, 01:17 PM   #69
Snake101st

I love it!
SLI evga GTX 460 1GB
Acer GD235HZ w/ nvidia 3d vision
Snake101st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 01:55 PM   #70
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Someone had to do it and I wanna see some screenshots of this.... is it worth the price of admission? It reminds me of COD2 which would be kinda cool to get into a WWII game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 02:15 PM   #71
mojoman0

steam forum impressions are horrendous but maybe I have no room to talk as I can't say for myself
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 02:25 PM   #72
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
steam forum impressions are horrendous but maybe I have no room to talk as I can't say for myself
Thats true... as soon as any game is released on steam the idiots are in their forums complaining about getting a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote