Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-03-11, 05:46 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Whats one of your gaming sins?

So we all know that there are some games or things within a game that is loved by all and is accepted by the industry. The questions refers to which of these accepted and loved game features do you hate or dislike?

Choose only one to make discussions easier please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me it would have to be Morrowind. I don't know why but I cannot stand the game. I tried modding it for graphics and added features, I tried playing it stock but nothing can get me to like the game. My GF thinks I am nuts, especially considering how much I love open world games. There, thats my sin. I can't stand one of the most beloved RPGs of modern gaming.
Old 08-03-11, 05:56 PM   #2
grey_1

Default Re: Whats one of your gaming sins?

Easy - Half-Life 2.

I think it was released as an unfinished, boring, predictable as all heck, inconsistent waste of code. The 1st and 2nd episodes improved it greatly, but when it's coming from the bottom of the barrel that's not saying much.

Hate it.
Old 08-03-11, 05:58 PM   #3
JaylumX
Something Else

I have tried playing Half life 2 several times. I bought it when it initially came out and followed its dvelopment religiously before particularly during the stolen code and the year delay. I just cannot get into the game. It is very overated. Does that count as a sin.

I was going to add Arkham Asylum but i enjoyed it a hell of a lot more on my second playthrough so all is forgiven. Cannot wait for Arkham City

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 06:01 PM   #4
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
I have tried playing Half life 2 several times. I bought it when it initially came out and followed its dvelopment religiously before particularly during the stolen code and the year delay. I just cannot get into the game. It is very overated. Does that count as a sin.

I was going to add Arkham Asylum but i enjoyed it a hell of a lot more on my second playthrough so all is forgiven. Cannot wait for Arkham City
YES! And thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who didn't like it.
Old 08-03-11, 07:05 PM   #5
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'm a little confused on the topic, but here is my go:

Borderlands and Oblivion. Never finished these games because I could not get into them.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 07:28 PM   #6
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
YES! And thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who didn't like it.
You're not alone.

The first time I played through the game I played on hard. Made it through without dying even once and extremely fast. Thus I refer to the game as Half-Short 2.

Thought it was predictable, boring, and a bit bland in the graphics especially after Far Cry.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 09:53 PM   #7
jkmetal

Gears of War. Ugh. An ugly game with repetitive combat wrapped in a little too much "brofist!!"

Also, team fortress 2 never interested me in the slightest.
Old 08-03-11, 10:58 PM   #8
Redeemed

Gaming sins...?

Well this one time, during a Tomb Raider game...

No but seriously... I dunno. Never got into WoW and that's apparently uber-popular. Never got into the CoD or BF MP craze. Though I did enjoy Duke Nukem 3D as a boy, never did get into the series.

Yup- I'm a sinnar.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-11, 11:14 PM   #9
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post

+1 for HL2. I just can't get into it. I have a lot of other sins as well. So many games I have but I haven't played because I haven't gotten into them.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 12:17 AM   #10
jiffy

Hardcore mode in FPS games. I realize that some say it's more realistic. It just makes it too easy to kill enemies. It's noob mode.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 01:02 AM   #11
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Easy - Half-Life 2.

I think it was released as an unfinished, boring, predictable as all heck, inconsistent waste of code. The 1st and 2nd episodes improved it greatly, but when it's coming from the bottom of the barrel that's not saying much.

Hate it.
I disagree.

Anyways games I hate with a passion because they are disgustingly awful are Far Cry 2 and Mafia 2.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 01:35 AM   #12
Pennyboy

Wow I can't believe people here hated HL2, that is one of my favourite games. I remember playing it at the time and loved the physics, cool level designs, car & hovercraft missions were heaps of fun. My only complaint would be that it was too short, I was enjoying the game so much when it ended I was sad lol. Doom 3 came out at a similar time and that game was boring and over rated. Who could be bothered reading the PDAs? the guns were boring and the the indoor cramped corridors just aren't my style.

Sin? probably the fact I like BF2 over bad company 2. I just don't find BC 2 as fun as BF2.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision