Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-18-11, 10:06 PM   #217
Hogrider

Default Re: HP Touchpad with Web OS

Damn it, I've got my Touchpad on the Touchstone charger and it's at 27% but the update says it won't install until the battery is at 50%.
I wonder if I should uninstall the muffle system logging patch and the remove dropped packet logging patches before the update. Anyone know if that should be done or not?

Edit: I see here it says it is not neccessary to uninstall them http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-question.html
I'm going to go ahead and uninstall them anyways and just install them again when there is an update.
Old 10-18-11, 11:41 PM   #218
|MaguS|

installed it without removing uberkernel, everything is fine. The update made everything much more responsive.
Old 10-18-11, 11:48 PM   #219
Hogrider

Installing now. I am curious how much snappier it will be without the overclock and those patches.
Old 10-19-11, 12:28 AM   #220
Hogrider

They took away the option to empty the trash in email.
Old 10-19-11, 11:48 AM   #221
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

I waited for the webos doctor 3.0.4 and did it that way. Completely erased the device and installed that. Haven't don't any patches yet since they don't show up in prewar as of this morning.

But overall, this is a much much faster touchpad even at stock speeds. amazing.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-11, 12:21 PM   #222
Hogrider

I had to reboot my grand daughter's Touchpad after the update because it wouldn't show any Youtube videos. Worked correctly after that.
I was getting some weirdness (is that a word) on mine after recording a video then trying to watch it immediately afterwards. Sometimes it wouldn't play the video or be extremely slow for it to show up. I rebooted mine this morning and recorded a video and it seems to have helped it.
Old 10-21-11, 01:45 AM   #223
Hogrider

Updates to Adobe Reader, Quick Office, and App catalog available.
Old 10-21-11, 07:52 AM   #224
Hogrider

Govnah and UberKernel updates are out for Web OS 3.0.4

Installing now

Old 10-21-11, 10:14 AM   #225
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

The Cyanogen Mod Alpha 2 is working great. Love this more than WebOS the tablet is so much more resposive. The stock browser in Android is better than WebOS but installing Dolphin and having tabbed surfing... even better. I "liked" WebOS but after a few days I got bored with the tablet as there wasn't much you could really do... however since switching to the Alpha 1 the day it launched I've been using it everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 12:21 PM   #226
Hogrider

I just paired the Touchpad with my Samsung Vibrant phone via Bluetooth. It can receive calls and acts like a bluetooth headset.
I then tried to make a call with the Touchpad Phone and Video Calls app. I dialed the number and hit enter and my phone did dial the number and it went through but a message popped up on the Touchpad saying I couldn't make calls with my phone. Uhhh yes I did.
Anyways after that I couldn't receive calls on the Touchpad until I unpaired the phone then paired it again to the Touchpad. Tried making a call again with the same problem. Had to unpair and pair again to receive calls.
Also text messaging won't work. I try to send a text message from the Touchpad to my wife's phone and it pops up and says I must have a phone connected. Umm I do.

So after all that I found out it is basically good for just receiving calls only.
Old 10-21-11, 02:54 PM   #227
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Govnah and UberKernel updates are out for Web OS 3.0.4

Installing now
Installed it too.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:17 PM   #228
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
bleh...ever since installing Android, I've never looked back at WebOS. The browser is a piece of sh*t, even with these patches. It can't render long pages, and what pages it does render, it does so very slow compared to androids browser. Worse is there's no find on page, no adjustable user agent, often times the fonts render sloppy, among about 10 other things I can't think of right now.

And worse, is that you can't replace the stock browser. Sure there is an alternative browser, but when you hit links in apps, they launch the stock one. Some links you even go to in the alternative browser go to the stock one. The "just type..." goes to the stock browser.

The only nice thing about WebOS is the multi-tasking, everything else is garbage. The apps suck, even the included kindle and pdf readers suck.

Honeycomb and ICS offer a huge improvement in the multitasking department btw.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote