Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-22-11, 02:30 PM   #25
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
I didn't know that they still had CompUSA's around...
Lol. That's not the first time I have heard that
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 02:52 PM   #26
Hogrider

Default Re: HP Touchpad with Web OS

Compusa is showing $999 for the 16GB and $549 for the 32 GB both say only available in store and won't let you buy it online. You may have got lucky before they changed the site just like I did with Walmart.
Old 08-22-11, 02:59 PM   #27
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Compusa is showing $999 for the 16GB and $549 for the 32 GB both say only available in store and won't let you buy it online. You may have got lucky before they changed the site just like I did with Walmart.
i sure hope so. My rep was waiting for the moment it changed. my CDW rep tried to get one, but by the time he was ordering it was out of stock. he should have had it in his internal cart the whole time
Old 08-22-11, 03:05 PM   #28
zoomy942

Looks like I'm in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-08-22 at 2.04.22 PM.png
Views:	69
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	43149  
Old 08-22-11, 03:16 PM   #29
zoomy942

is there a way to look at the market for webos on a PC? android and ios have online markets
Old 08-22-11, 03:24 PM   #30
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
MikeC closed the other thread..

Anyways, I still have no shipping confirmation. And this other guy that ordered a few minutes before me, got his a few hours ago. FUUUUUUUU
I ordered mine @ HP's small business site. I have a confirmation e-mail but still no shipping info.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 03:52 PM   #31
Rakeesh

Why did mikec close the other thread?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 04:34 PM   #32
Hogrider

I think he was mad because he didn't get one

A coworker called me right before I left work today and told me he was driving all around town trying to find a place with some left after I told him about the deal this morning. He said he found 4 left at an HH Gregg. He said they would only sell 1 per person and he wanted 2 so he was trying to pay some stranger $20 to go and buy one for him. He said the guy thought he was trying to pull a scam and refused to do it.

Old 08-22-11, 04:44 PM   #33
zoomy942

I'm waiting on my tracking number to update. went from carrier to in process, updating tracking.

come on!
Old 08-22-11, 05:29 PM   #34
Hogrider

If someone can't get one at this time there may still be hope soon http://www.precentral.net/coming-soo...re-sale-part-2
Old 08-22-11, 05:41 PM   #35
|MaguS|

So funny if HP makes an announcement that they are going to continue production of the device due to recent demands, lol.
Old 08-22-11, 05:43 PM   #36
Hogrider

I wish they would Magus.

I saw this a few moments ago...
Quote:
webOS Global Business Unit chief Stephen DeWitt talked with AllThingsD today about the future of webOS, and while things are still pretty hazy, the future of webOS is at least a little bit clearer.

First things first, the webOS GBU is continuing their work on getting webOS to run on PCs and printers, but when or if that will actually happen is unknown at this point. They’re also planning to continue work on webOS for the TouchPad and Veer and will issue updates to the OS. The HP Pre3, on the other hand, is only going to see a launch in “very selective areas,” according to DeWitt. So far we’ve seen it appear unlocked in the UK, and according to webOS-blog.de it and the unicorn-powered 64GB TouchPad appeared on HP’s Germany store, which has been down from the traffic practically all day (a problem we’ve also encountered). The limited markets mantra means we probably aren’t going to see the Pre3 in North America any time soon, a sad reality that means our Touch-to-share hopes are pinned on an eventual update to the Veer.

Where the TouchPad and Pre3 are/aren’t being sold is hazy and ever-changing, but it just can’t compare to the fog cast over the future of webOS. DeWitt admitted that they’re not exactly sure what they’re going to do with the operating system, floating options such as partnering with a single manufacturer or licensing to many, or even taking webOS in a different direction than the phones and tablets it was designed for. Of the possibilities, we’d say licensing to one or several is the most likely. Regardless, DeWitt said that they’ve “ad a number of discussions and there’s a lot of interest around webOS,” raising our hopes that a licensing agreement is in the works.
http://www.precentral.net/dewitt-web...ecific-markets