Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-23-11, 08:45 AM   #1
Moo
*BANNNED*

Angry EA Origins - big brother'ing your privacy

Collects your hardware specs (ok), program installs, usage (including web history)... in order to track your ass and sell info to other parties. fuk this sh!t

Quote:
You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION.
http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/EULA_O...h_.5.17.11.pdf

http://forums.mariosworld.org/showthread.php?p=537

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 08:49 AM   #2
mojoman0

Default Re: EA Origins - big brother'ing your privacy

You think google is any different? I don't think you can use the Internet without getting tracked
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:02 AM   #3
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Steam does the same thing.... some people just wanna hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:04 AM   #4
Moo
*BANNNED*

And you guys are happy about EA's approach?

I believe Steam's EULA is less intrusive.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:07 AM   #5
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

You dont even need Origin installed or running to play.... wth.. steam HAS to be running... and is collecting the same information... yet no one complains about that. In fact most people here won't even buy a game if it's not on Steam.

Install origin, install your games... uninstall origin. Game still works. Wtf is the problem???

its like the most clueless people start these threads... and the internet just goes wild.

Quote:
Old 08-23-11, 09:10 AM   #6
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
You dont even need Origin installed or running to play.... wth.. steam HAS to be running... and is collecting the same information... yet no one complains about that.

Install origin, install your games... uninstall origin. Game still works. Wtf is the problem???
u need origin to play bf3.

think no one would use origin if they didn't pull games off steam/force it on users who want to play bf3.

what info does steam collect ?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:11 AM   #7
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
u need origin to play bf3.

think no one would use origin if they didn't pull games off steam/force it on users who want to play bf3.

what info does steam collect ?
Really? I own like 10 Origin games... I don't have to run it or have it installed and they all work. Where did you see BF 3 needs origin running the whole time to play it???

You agree to the same EULA on Steam, but you probably didn't read it.

In fact here is the truth... I have downloaded images of BF BC2 and Crysis 2 which I bought through Origin... after I reinstalled Windows 7 the last time I used the DVD to install and my key to activate... I didnt even have to install Origin. You only need origin to download the game... but if you get a DVD image for backup reason you don't even need to use origin except to activate the key the first time.

It really seems like the people that bitch the most have the least idea what they are complaining about.... /yay internetz

Quote:
Old 08-23-11, 09:32 AM   #8
K007

Quote:
Really? I own like 10 Origin games... I don't have to run it or have it installed and they all work. Where did you see BF 3 needs origin running the whole time to play it???

You agree to the same EULA on Steam, but you probably didn't read it.

In fact here is the truth... I have downloaded images of BF BC2 and Crysis 2 which I bought through Origin... after I reinstalled Windows 7 the last time I used the DVD to install and my key to activate... I didnt even have to install Origin. You only need origin to download the game... but if you get a DVD image for backup reason you don't even need to use origin except to activate the key the first time.

It really seems like the people that bitch the most have the least idea what they are complaining about.... /yay internetz
where have u been?...EA confirmed Origin is needed in order to play bf3. This is 100% confirmed.

the force of Origin on players and cutting steam off is just EA's way of taking a bite out of the big apple...and tbh this is going to bite EA in the ass later.

I for one am not interested in Origin.

Valve is still trying to have talks with EA on this...so it might appear on steam closer to launch...one can hope atleast....
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-11, 09:41 AM   #9
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
where have u been?...EA confirmed Origin is needed in order to play bf3. This is 100% confirmed.
The ONLY way to get this game is through Origin / for digital copies.. thats all we know.

If you have other information .... then show me..

This doesn't really tell me anything...

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/100892143303925760

BF_Triton Allen Gardei @
@zh1nt0 What about the rumors spreading on the forums that we need origin to play BF3 if we have the DVD? D:
9 Aug in reply to @BF_Triton ↑
@zh1nt0

Daniel Matros
@
@BF_Triton Yes those "rumors" are true
9 Aug via TweetDeck

Steam runs the whole time I'm playing a Steam game... grab your pitchforks and torches!!! It's time to burn down the internet!!!!!

Quote:
Old 08-23-11, 11:25 AM   #10
ElL33t
Brobama

Oh geeze! can you girls stop crying about Origin and EA. Damn it's old already.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 11:50 AM   #11
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
Oh geeze! can you girls stop crying about Origin and EA. Damn it's old already.
wahh.. go back to the console section.

Quote:
Old 08-23-11, 12:12 PM   #12
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
wahh.. go back to the console section.
I don't play consoles, my son does.

None of this stuff is new. They all do it. When I put in my new video card Steam updated my profile. That was for Cloud.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote