Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-11, 03:02 AM   #1
gbil

Default v285.03 + flickering on second screen during perfomance level change

Hi, just noticed that with 285.03 performance levels change for my GTX260 which I'm pretty sure it didn't happen before. No problem with that since I love some extra power saving even on my desktop.

I have two screens setup as Twinview and the problem is that when the performance level changes, either up or down, there is a flickering on the second screen! Pretty easy to replicate, even now that I'm writing this post I have powermizer info open and see the flickering when the performance level changes.

Bug report attached.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (113.8 KB, 53 views)
gbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:14 AM   #2
drhirsch

Default Re: v285.03 + flickering on second screen during perfomance level change

AFAIK this is a hardware limitation and the main reason most cards don't clock the memory down as long as second screen is attached. Changes of the core clock shouldn't trigger any flickering though.

This does happen with ATI/AMD cards and in Windows too, so it is a somewhat more general problem ^^
drhirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:48 AM   #3
gbil

Default Re: v285.03 + flickering on second screen during perfomance level change

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhirsch View Post
AFAIK this is a hardware limitation and the main reason most cards don't clock the memory down as long as second screen is attached. Changes of the core clock shouldn't trigger any flickering though.

This does happen with ATI/AMD cards and in Windows too, so it is a somewhat more general problem ^^
Thanks for the input, I will also wait for NVidia to acknowledge this limitation.

In any case this driver has another major issue, wine games crash with the following error:

err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0xf779b154

back to 280.13 for the time being, probably with open another thread for the wine issue.
gbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 04:10 AM   #4
NickLion

I have similar behaviour with my GT240M. I've back to 280.13 also.
NickLion is offline   Reply With Quote