Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-11, 06:30 PM   #1
News

Post Hedgewars is a Free Game With Stereoscopic 3D Support

Hedgewars is a turn based strategy, artillery, action and comedy game, featuring the antics of pink hedgehogs with attitude as they battle from the depths of hell to the depths of space. The game is free and open source, it also supports multiplayer mode and kind of reminds me of the game Worms. It is available not only for Windows, but for Mac OS X and Linux as well and thus is OpenGL based, meaning that although the game supports multiple stereo 3D output modes it will not work with 3D Vision. The style of the game does not present a lot of options for a lot of depth or pop-out effects, but the stereo 3D support makes the game feel a bit nicer, even though the background may look a but too flat.

The game Hedgewars does support multiple anaglyph 3D viewing options depending on what color filters you may have, as well as Side by Side and Top/Bottom modes for use mainly with 3D HDTVs. There is also a wiggle mode that I was not able to make work properly, the image on the display was looking double all the time. I was not able to find a key combination for controlling the level of depth or convergence in order for the user to try tweaking the 3D-ness of the game and that would've been a nice thing to have, but hopefully such a feature will be added in future game releases. So no you can go ahead and try the game, you may like it and it is free, so there is absolutely nothing to loose.

- For more information about the free game Hedgewars and to try it outâ?¦

Related posts you might be interested in:

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote