Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-20-11, 10:48 PM   #469
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
It's hard to believe how quickly we moved from DOOM to Rage. Nobody complained about the horrible textures in DOOM
Well, we're complaining now!!!
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-20-11, 11:02 PM   #470
Greedo

at the time the DOOM textures were awesome compared with everything else. but not so with rage.

/witcher 2
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 12:48 AM   #471
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
*spoiler alert*

It's in the gearhead vault. The door for it is right near the entrance/exit to the level, I think the first or second hallway you go into after entering the level. It's a got a grey box in front of it and purple letters painted on the door. To unclock it you have to activate the computers in the office all the way up on the top floor of the level. Just press E on each of the computer keyboards, you will hear a gong sound with each computer activation, and when all are activated you can hear the door click and unlock. Then go all the way back down to the start of the level and find the door, which should now open for you.
Ah, thank you
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 11:04 AM   #472
LurkerLito

Just finished it and how disappointing. I now get the press E and you're done references people were writing about.

Overall I thought it was a solid shooter at times, but IMHO id just lost it's way completely this time. I hated that you had to race in these events to get certificates to buy upgrades and different vehicles instead of just using money. The on the rails levels could have been a whole lot better if there were more branching and twists and turns and hidden paths, etc. It sucks that there is basically no way to get lost and the only way you can even get off the rails for a moment is the occasional stop to grind through a lock and go into a door and pick up some stuff/ammo. What really sucks is that it was originally id that gave you those great FPS moments in Doom and Quake, where you opened a door/ went down one of the many paths (some secret) thinking time to get some more loot and ammo and went "sh*t it was a trap" and got mobbed by enemies . There is nothing at all like that in this game . They give you an ability to make some RC car explosives, but other than on one level, there is no real use for them. You get a real nice gun at the end but can only really use it on the last level. Yes it could be overpowered in the game if you got it earlier, but that last level is so short, it really isn't even needed except on the 3 or 4 enemies on that last level that had good armor and the same weapon on them. I think the worst part of the end was they give you a gun that you can use "BFG" ammo in, and I guess I was expecting a boss to beat like the giant mutant on an earlier level, but there is nothing there.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 12:22 PM   #473
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
It's hard to believe how quickly we moved from DOOM to Rage. Nobody complained about the horrible textures in DOOM
One was usually too busy trying to not get dead in Doom to look at textures.

I had some good fun with Rage, but they sure did miss the mark they were aiming for.
Old 10-22-11, 05:18 PM   #474
Holy Smoke

Personally, I love the game. I'm doing the whole sidequest thing and have probably clocked around 16 hours without getting bored. I'd actually grown tired of FPSes while Rage, for once, actually has fun gunplay.

The supposedly low-res textures I couldn't care less about. The game looks gorgeous where it actually matters and the hoi polloi haven't been known to appreciate art anyway. Let them have their bright lights and shiny surfaces and give me more megatextures.
Old 10-23-11, 09:56 AM   #475
trivium nate

jesus christ
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 10:48 AM   #476
Sean_W

You must be easy pleased if this is one of your biggest title of this year, lol.

Big disappointment in my view and Crysis 2 turned out to be better after the sh*tty release.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-11, 07:08 PM   #477
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
You must be easy pleased if this is one of your biggest title of this year, lol.

Big disappointment in my view and Crysis 2 turned out to be better after the sh*tty release.
This. Worst game of the year is more like it.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 08:35 PM   #478
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
This. Worst game of the year is more like it.
From what I have played so far, I'd say Red Orchestra 2 is way worse IMO.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 10:47 PM   #479
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I agree with Muppet. I've thoroughly enjoyed playing Rage.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 10:55 PM   #480
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

I'll pick RAGE up during one of Steam's 75% off sales. I just can't justify paying $60 for ANY game.
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote