Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-25-11, 02:53 PM   #493
Sean_W

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Yes but the game lacks serious fidelity which is what consoles are used to. Unique texturing is pretty useless if it not high quality and it looks very mushy. Also, other than letting artist go mad on the world with megtexture, there is nothing special about it. Rage looks best from a distance, like a woman that looks great from a distance but when you walk up close to her, she is ugly.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 07:47 PM   #494
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
just out of curiosity what other games have you played this year?
Crysis 2
Bulletstorm
FEAR 3
Deus Ex HR
Homefront
Dead Island
Hard Reset

These are all great games, but the combination of Rage's art, animations, gunplay, weapons, and refined simplicity just makes for a shooter experience that I think is amazingly beautiful and fun.

Seems to me certain people have something against Rage because it's not what they personally wanted or expected. When people don't get what they want they tend to have negative things to say about the game or developer that in their mind didn't deliver. In some cases they want to convince others how bad the game is, because they want others to feel the same way they do. Just look at this thread. Everytime somebody shares a positive opinion of Rage, somebody else shows up to re-assert their criticism.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-26-11, 02:07 AM   #495
Sean_W

It's called balance. A lot of people who say how they love the game leave out the flaws or just go too far with their view of how good it is.
Old 10-26-11, 07:39 AM   #496
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
It's called balance. A lot of people who say how they love the game leave out the flaws or just go too far with their view of how good it is.
well I think another thing is everyone is different in regards to how much of a bad thing they're willing to tolerate if there is something else about the game that they really like.

For me, I absolutely loved far cry 2 yet the general consensus on the internet is that they wouldn't piss on the abomination if it were on fire. Everyone hated the respawn checkpoints in the game and while yeah it got annoying at times, I overlooked it because the open nature free roam capability meant that you could drive around it or just go a different way to get from point A to point B. Sure the missions were uninspiring and got repetitive but the visuals alone were enough for me to forgive and enjoy the game.

With rage though, there are simply too many games that are better in my opinion in virtually every aspect that I would rather play than buy, let alone, play rage. I'll end up getting rage late in the year if there's a steam sale or whenever it hits $25~$30.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 04:02 PM   #497
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
well I think another thing is everyone is different in regards to how much of a bad thing they're willing to tolerate if there is something else about the game that they really like.

For me, I absolutely loved far cry 2 yet the general consensus on the internet is that they wouldn't piss on the abomination if it were on fire. Everyone hated the respawn checkpoints in the game and while yeah it got annoying at times, I overlooked it because the open nature free roam capability meant that you could drive around it or just go a different way to get from point A to point B. Sure the missions were uninspiring and got repetitive but the visuals alone were enough for me to forgive and enjoy the game.

With rage though, there are simply too many games that are better in my opinion in virtually every aspect that I would rather play than buy, let alone, play rage. I'll end up getting rage late in the year if there's a steam sale or whenever it hits $25~$30.
Yeah, agreed. I agree about Farcry 2 as well.
Old 10-26-11, 08:04 PM   #498
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
True, and that's probably the end of the spectrum I'm on. I'm sort of like a dog. Every game is my favorite game.

About the only game I didn't care for this years was FEAR 3, all the others I really enjoyed. I do have 2.5 play throughs clocked in on Rage already, and it's the only game on my list that I've finished twice this year, so it does sort of stand out from the others to me.

And I'm also somebody who enjoyed FarCry 2. It did get old after a while, and I never did finish it, but while I was playing it was great fun to me.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-26-11, 08:08 PM   #499
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by astonish View Post
Anyway has anyone else noticed that after playing this game going on to play other games (BF3 in my case) the textures in other games feel kinda flat?
Just the opposite. Playing BF3 I look at floor textures and think about how much better they are than Rage. But Rage had enemies that felt like they had weight, detail and such fluid animation. In comparison the BF3 enemies feel like animated paper targets.

Rage like FarCry 2 is a love it or hate it game.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 05:21 PM   #500
Frostpork

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
It's a disgrace.

I'm not even looking forward to DOOM 4 anymore. It's gonna be another turd like this in the visuals department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
wow from all the screenshots i've seen, they look horrible

2005 called they want their game back
Are you guys on glue or just bored? Game looks great. It's just a different style.
Frostpork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-11, 09:25 PM   #501
AngelGraves13

I feel much different about it now after the GeForce tweaks and patch. It's a great game with beautiful art and animations, but with horribly compressed textures.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 01:18 PM   #502
AngelGraves13

Even on Nightmare mode, the game is ridiculously easy.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 06:18 AM   #503
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

lol never
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:09 PM   #504
danteuk

Talking Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Played through twice. Loved it.
Playing on almost the minimum spec hardware(@1650x1080) but it looks great to me.
Did notice the pop-in textures sometimes when I spin around fast but that's not something I do during normal play and if I do I'm more interested in shooting something than noticing the wall textures.
Some textures, mainly indoor objects are ****, no question about it, but then I'll see some stunning scene and I'm happy again. Certainly more great views than bad ones. ( yes, I tweaked the config )
Game play is solid and very enjoyable.
Ending is dull and a let down.
Doesn't seem like much difference from Normal to Hard, maybe I'll try Nightmare next.
danteuk is offline   Reply With Quote