Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-11, 03:22 AM   #1
-=PsycO=-

Exclamation Two diferrent cards don't work on linux, but work on win!!!

Hi,

I have a little problem that disapoint me a lot. I have a boinc farm, and i recently buy a second card to have more compute power. My everyday os is linux and i never have problems. But, i don't know why, i cannot use my card anymore to compute. The normal graphic works, but the os doesn't detect the two cuda core. One problem i guess, is that the two cards use the same driver on linux. Before continu the two cards are: GTS-450 as main and a GT-430 only for the cudas. I have tested on windows if the setup work and after the installation of the driver, all works perfectly, it detect the two cards and are able to use them as normally it's supposed to.
I really want to what the hell is that problem as i rarely use windows, but now i'm unable to use my main computer to compute while i do my everyday coding-surfing-...
So if someone have an idea about what to take a look at, please let me know!!!
Thanks,
Mikael Lavoie
-=PsycO=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 12:23 PM   #2
sunu

Default Re: Two diferrent cards don't work on linux, but work on win!!!

What boinc projects do you want to run? Look at those projects' forums. I'm sure you'll find specific help there.
sunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 09:41 PM   #3
-=PsycO=-

Default Re: Two diferrent cards don't work on linux, but work on win!!!

No it's not related to boinc. I'm pretty sure it's related to the xorg kernel configuration. I've try several things but a cannot tell what's the problem now... All works good except i've lost the access to the cuda core of both cards. If someone have a good knowledge of linux, i need some help with this one... Normally i always find strange bugs like this by myself but this time it's beyond my actual knowledge...
-=PsycO=- is offline   Reply With Quote