Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-11, 09:53 AM   #25
Riptide

Default Re: iOS 5 Available Now

I'm gonna let you guinea pigs do the update first. Worried that it's going to slow the phone down. I have read IOS 4 turned some of the Iphone3s into turds.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 10:28 AM   #26
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I was going ask about that. How does it run on an iPhone 4? It's interesting that the 4S only have 512MB, just like the 4. I guess they squeezed it in.

When I got my 4 it was fast, but it seems the last couple of version made it sluggish at times, mainly when swiping though the screens or launching apps. The apps themselves run fine. I read somewhere it has to do with the way iOS takes a screenshot of everything so it can animate it during transitions.
Yea and higher density RAM would cut into their huge profit margin.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 12:45 PM   #27
mojoman0

dling now for ipod touch 4g
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 01:39 PM   #28
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'm going to upgrade the wifey's iPhone 4 tonight.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 01:57 PM   #29
Riptide

Getting error 3200 in itunes when loading the update. Tried a couple times.

Friend of mine having the same problem. Just flat out refuses to load on his phone. Both verizon customers.
Old 10-12-11, 03:12 PM   #30
mojoman0

had the prob too. some people say airplane mode works. reset my ipod, tried again, it did the long backup and is updating now
Old 10-12-11, 04:11 PM   #31
Riptide

It's Apple's servers. Even though the update will download you still need traffic back and forth and it is getting hammered bad right now. Mine eventually went but I did a factory restore. It did back it up and restore MOST of my stuff. But I am missing all my photos. Oddly, music was restored fine. Couple apps broke on me as well. Cat Piano and Dog Piano don't work any more.
Old 10-12-11, 05:00 PM   #32
mojoman0

ugh my ipod touch's front camera freezes at the shutter when i try to use it and then wont let you use rear camera. Its a hardware issue they wouldnt fix. Anyways I was trying to see if maybe now it worked with ios5. A Reset all settings usually clears the shutter so i tried it and it put me at the ipod setup screen and ended with connect to itunes. I connect it and it the only thing it will let me do is restore the whole friggen thing. it used to just take a reboot and now its gonna make me go through this whole process of restoring the ipod, god forbid i ever slip on the switch camera button..which i do all the time

Old 10-12-11, 07:46 PM   #33
Hogrider

Running the update on the wife's ipad2, it's backing up now...
Old 10-12-11, 08:44 PM   #34
Albo

I'm trying to update, but because I edited the hosts files trying to jailbreak 3.5.4 or something.. it won't work. (Yes, i edited back to original, but it still doesn't work. Restarted and everything)

FML.

I guess I won't be getting this..
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 09:06 PM   #35
Hogrider

Ok I'm a little slow here with this icloud thing. I see it says if you edit a contact on your ios device it will automatically change it on any other ios device or Outlook on the pc. How would it change it in Outlook on your pc? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: Nevermind I didn't see that you had to download the icloud control panel on the PC.
I go to www.icloud.com and sign in with my wife's apple id and I still don't see her contacts or calendar on icloud though even though I have them enabled in icloud settings on her ipad2.
Old 10-12-11, 11:19 PM   #36
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Ok I'm a little slow here with this icloud thing. I see it says if you edit a contact on your ios device it will automatically change it on any other ios device or Outlook on the pc. How would it change it in Outlook on your pc? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: Nevermind I didn't see that you had to download the icloud control panel on the PC.
I go to www.icloud.com and sign in with my wife's apple id and I still don't see her contacts or calendar on icloud though even though I have them enabled in icloud settings on her ipad2.
Hmm. Strange. I edit a contact, calendar event, etc. and it immediately pushes it to iCloud. Servers could be down/struggling now though. During the beta, they would test the servers and it wouldn't push data immediately.

Also - iCloud control panel? All I know of is iCloud.com.