Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-10-11, 04:31 PM   #1
Kain

Default Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium vs. Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D

Should I get the X-Fi Titanium now or wait for the Recon3D? What are the differences between the two?
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 02:48 AM   #2
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon
Default Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium vs. Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D

well the only thing really new i can see has to do with voice chat and voice cancellation for idiots who refuses to use headset to reduce feedback from speakers when talking.

Other then that, its just marketing ploy, the x-fi also uses 4 sub processors and with a bit of marketing spin you'd say thats a quad core.

It has plenty of inputs and outputs and that's good. even an amplified headphone out. I don't know if the x-fi titanium have that. My fatality champion does not on the card it self but on the front bay that came with it.

Many of the "sound enhancements" are best left disabled imo as they do more to distort audio then to enhance it. And I expect the new sound card will be no different.

The x-fi sounds good and clean and got no audible noise which is very nice I think. The Asio support is also good. And I think it'll be the same on the new card.

I don't think you would go wrong if you decided to buy a titanium now tbh. But be careful, X-Fi cards have had problems with crackle and pops and distorted audio. It doesn't happen for everyone and no one seems to have found the cause. My card usually do this if I boot up from cold boot, but will be ok again after a reboot. I dunno if they ever fixed that on newer revisions of the x-fi.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 02:59 AM   #3
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon
Default Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium vs. Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D

oups doubble post
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:58 AM   #4
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon View Post
well the only thing really new i can see has to do with voice chat and voice cancellation for idiots who refuses to use headset to reduce feedback from speakers when talking.

Other then that, its just marketing ploy, the x-fi also uses 4 sub processors and with a bit of marketing spin you'd say thats a quad core.

It has plenty of inputs and outputs and that's good. even an amplified headphone out. I don't know if the x-fi titanium have that. My fatality champion does not on the card it self but on the front bay that came with it.

Many of the "sound enhancements" are best left disabled imo as they do more to distort audio then to enhance it. And I expect the new sound card will be no different.

The x-fi sounds good and clean and got no audible noise which is very nice I think. The Asio support is also good. And I think it'll be the same on the new card.

I don't think you would go wrong if you decided to buy a titanium now tbh. But be careful, X-Fi cards have had problems with crackle and pops and distorted audio. It doesn't happen for everyone and no one seems to have found the cause. My card usually do this if I boot up from cold boot, but will be ok again after a reboot. I dunno if they ever fixed that on newer revisions of the x-fi.
I have the extreme gamer version (got it for pennies on the dollar) and with the beta win7 drivers it's been great so far. Had it for about 3 weeks, game quite a bit and listen to music a lot. No crackles and pops .....should I say "yet"?
Old 10-21-11, 11:39 AM   #5
AngelGraves13

X- Fi Titanium HD as it has an Audio Creation Mode with Bit-Matched Playback and 122 SNR

What more do you need?

Last edited by AngelGraves13; 10-31-11 at 01:33 AM.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 04:08 PM   #6
Logical

X-fi titanium HD is better than both...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 07:46 PM   #7
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
X-fi titanium HD is better than both...
My X-Fi Titanium sounds pretty sweet connected to my Onkyo 5.1 surround receiver with Yamaha speakers...

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 05:41 PM   #8
Pennyboy

I'm loving my Titanium HD, i noticed a pretty big difference over my old PCI based X-Fi, sound is much crisper. I think either card would be great, sorry but not to sure what the new Recon's bring to the table?
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision