Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-03, 03:20 PM   #13
darkmiasma
... Meh ...

i don't really care what they are listening to either ... but it isn't really gonna kill me ...

MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+, Security+
---------------------------------------------

CPU - [ AMD Athlon X2 4200+] Motherboard - [ Asus A8N-SLI Premium] RAM - [ 2GB Crucial DDR400] Videocard - [ eVGA GeForce 7900GT KO (256MB)] Hard Drives - [ (2x) 80.0 GB WD SATA-II ] [(2x) 300.0 GB WD SATA-II] Burner - [ 16x DVD-R/RW - 48x CD-R/RW (Lite-On) ] Soundcard - [ Soundblaster Audigy 2 ] PSU - [ Antec TruePower II 550W] Case - [ Lian-Li PC61 (Plexi window, Blue SA CC Tube) ] Monitor - [ Dell FP2005 (20" Widescreen Flat Panel) ]
darkmiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-03, 03:28 PM   #14
poursoul
i eat people

Quote:
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
hey I kinda liked it, its only one short line after all, shows our newsposters do have a personality outside of pcs....o well
i really don't get what the fuss is about, i don't even listen to music anymore (waste of time to me.) But i also find that it give the mods whom post personality.

WAIT!!! i get it! This is another one of those "Quit posting your personal life!" things isn't it. Seriously, who are you people? You're frickin' lame.

P.S. sorry for the personal attack, but if you're going to post attacks of personalities then........
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-03, 03:55 PM   #15
sbp

Wink

What's next? "Currently masterbating to..."? Sorry, this not a K.I.L.E.R. thread.

I found the "listening to" to be the highlight of me dreary day. :/

Yes its true without it I couldn't do any work at all! :\
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-03, 07:17 PM   #16
NickSpolec

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Yes thanks, although next time make it a bit more polite. Courtesy goes a long long way.
Didn't mean to sound like a bastard and bruise anyone's ego and or make a personal attack. Half the original post was "Over the top, outrageous comedy"..

Why do people always miss it?

Maybe I am the only one that doesn't :P
NickSpolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-03, 07:52 PM   #17
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

oooOOOOhhhhh... I get it now....

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 06:49 AM   #18
SteveL
70.....degrees

Quote:
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Didn't mean to sound like a bastard and bruise anyone's ego and or make a personal attack. Half the original post was "Over the top, outrageous comedy"..

Why do people always miss it?

Maybe I am the only one that doesn't :P

I got it Nick thought it was a very comical read, bought a smile to me face at 4 in the morning !!

Sorry guys, but I agree with the topic, this 'listening to' thing is nonsense and totally unneccessary on a news page, I'll be happy if and when it stops.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 06:54 AM   #19
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

In that case you best get your prozac

Hmm now all we need is Berg to turn up and post
Old 08-21-03, 09:20 AM   #20
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveL
Sorry guys, but I agree with the topic, this 'listening to' thing is nonsense and totally unneccessary on a news page, I'll be happy if and when it stops.
Yeah, same here. It's not even like what you're doing is original either. Matt at 3DGPU has been doing that as long as I've been visiting there. I don't like it when he does it, and I certainly am against it here. IMO, it clutters the front page with unnecessary material. And when a site posts as much news as NVN does it gets rather distracting.

It would be great if this would stop, and we can bring the news page back the way it was. Clean and to the point. All news, no BS.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-03, 09:37 AM   #21
The Baron

I would say that we need Less Talk, More Rock, but that seems counterproductive at the moment
Old 08-21-03, 09:37 AM   #22
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

Muya did it.

Muya initially got no bad feedback.

Mike did it.

...Mike's site.

hmmmm...

distracting? ok, i don't get that... a newspost is much like a forum post. forum posts have sigs... god forbid ONE MORE LINE at the end...

I WANNA know what Mike and MUYA are listening to. Like many people in this world, I coexist with music. It's a neverending interest, and a good conversation piece.

Speaking of which, music talky-talky is severely lacking in open forum... Is too political IMO. Don't get me wrong, I dig the 1stflight/Riptide/etc. wars/discussions as much as the next guy, but... where's the talk about the bands y'all dig? Heck, where's the talk on everyone's favorite in-dash reciever? Where's the talk on everyone's favorite mudding tires? Favorite sunglasses? Favorite comedian? Favorite Pop Culture movie? Favorite *good* movie? ... OTHER THAN POLITICAL TALK!!

... sorry for the /rant/ ... the "listening to" thingie is cool IMO...

...and I'm already on an "all work, no BS" forum. Its called the IPC TechNet forum, it's for manufacturers of electronic assemblies as well as cable assemblies... all work talky-talky... bleh

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

Last edited by ragejg; 08-21-03 at 09:42 AM.
ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 10:18 AM   #23
poursoul
i eat people

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Yeah, same here. It's not even like what you're doing is original either. Matt at 3DGPU has been doing that as long as I've been visiting there. I don't like it when he does it, and I certainly am against it here. IMO, it clutters the front page with unnecessary material. And when a site posts as much news as NVN does it gets rather distracting.

It would be great if this would stop, and we can bring the news page back the way it was. Clean and to the point. All news, no BS.
Seriously, what's wrong with you lately. Who cares if it's original or not, it's not infringing on a patent is it? NO!. It's not there to feed an ego either afaik. There have been several threads here in the forums dedicated to what people are listening to, and they went on for several pages too. I'm just saying that there is interest in the community.

I don't even really care either way. The only thing that's irking me about this is that people can get thier panties bunched so far up thier ass over something so small. It really is insignificant. bahh.
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 10:19 AM   #24
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
Speaking of which, music talky-talky is severely lacking in open forum... Is too political IMO. Don't get me wrong, I dig the 1stflight/Riptide/etc. wars/discussions as much as the next guy, but... where's the talk about the bands y'all dig? Heck, where's the talk on everyone's favorite in-dash reciever? Where's the talk on everyone's favorite mudding tires? Favorite sunglasses? Favorite comedian? Favorite Pop Culture movie? Favorite *good* movie? ... OTHER THAN POLITICAL TALK!!
So why don't you start a few topics then? You talk a good game, let's see you walk it.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote