Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-11-09, 01:59 AM   #1
Ywap

Default Dead Island still alive!

Reading only negative things about pc-gaming and the lack of news regarding this title made me worried that Dead Island had been cancelled. Googled it and found these good news at joystiq.com:

Dated: July 2nd 2009

"Unfortunately, the game's website tells us little to nothing about the game's current status. So, we emailed Techland this afternoon and Krakowiak told us, "As far as Dead Island goes, nothing has changed regarding our media silence .... the game's worldwide publisher is still waiting for their best moment to strike and reveal the awesome stuff we're preparing for zombie fans and gamers." He also confirmed to us the game's still in-development status, saying, "The game's still alive (or better yet, still Dead) and doing great."

Puh, there you have it people. You can stop worrying because our favourite developer from Poland is still kicking zombie ass
Old 07-11-09, 02:16 AM   #2
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Dead Island still alive!

Hoping this doesn't suck. Zombies rule. Except in L4D, but those aren't real zombies and that game sucks anyway.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 03:19 AM   #3
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

good news, early media looks pretty good
Old 07-11-09, 05:14 AM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Call of Juarez was a hidden treasure in my opinion, and having just played Bound in Blood it seems even better... that means anything by these guys is on my radar.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 02:00 PM   #5
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Call of Juarez was a hidden treasure in my opinion, and having just played Bound in Blood it seems even better... that means anything by these guys is on my radar.
Yeah, i already became a believer when playing CoJ 1. Now i rank them as one of the best developers out there

Other good news: My order for Bound in blood has been shipped and hopefully it´ll arrive on monday
Old 02-16-11, 02:54 PM   #6
Ywap

FINALLY a sign of life and death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lZqrG1bdGtg
Old 02-16-11, 02:58 PM   #7
wysiwyg

just saw the trailer at videosift

pretty powerful trailer and very well done
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 03:05 PM   #8
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Good trailer, but I really want to see some gameplay :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-11, 03:33 PM   #9
HiCZoK4

Hell yeah! They are rebuilding it... It was on chrome Engine2 ? and now its like 4 out there

EDIT:

HOLY CRAP!!! From the look at the trailer .... one of best trailers this year so far(if not best).
Good too see that Techland is proboably pushing it for more than it was suppose to be-straightworward zombie shooter.
Hell... They are quite productive with this and Call of Juarez3... there is also proboably Chrome2 somewhere there and offcourse Witcher2. Hope they won't overwork themselfes and polish every game
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 05:36 PM   #10
Destroy

Hell yeah, that trailer rocked my socks off!! Supremely done. Man I hope they surprise us and is planned for an early summer release.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 10:04 AM   #11
Ywap

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150441p1.html

Love this part:

"The Royal Palms Resort is perched on the remote island of Banoi in Papua New Guinea. It's a tropical paradise turned tourist magnet, remote and exotic. Not the sort of place you'd expect to find scattered caches of weapons, boxes of grenades, rocket launchers leaning against walls, and mounted machine guns. In an effort to preserve that reality, Techland, the developers of Dead Island, have stripped those handy gaming conventions away, leaving a stark reality in their place.

Rather than run-and-gun their way through a meat maze, players will be forced to scavenge for objects and use them to beat their undead foes into submission. There are precious few firearms scattered around the island (and even less ammo), so the majority of the combat will be intimate. Knives, machetes, bats, broomsticks, pipes – these are your defenses against the horde of infected monsters. It's survival horror with a melee action twist, and it's disgusting."

Old 02-17-11, 10:50 AM   #12
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150441p1.html

Love this part:

Rather than run-and-gun their way through a meat maze, players will be forced to scavenge for objects and use them to beat their undead foes into submission. There are precious few firearms scattered around the island (and even less ammo), so the majority of the combat will be intimate. Knives, machetes, bats, broomsticks, pipes – these are your defenses against the horde of infected monsters. It's survival horror with a melee action twist, and it's disgusting."
I like the idea of that. Looking forward to this..a lot.