Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-11, 11:17 PM   #13
AthlonXP1800
Registered User
 
AthlonXP1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,352
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
Way too violent for me. Pass
Coward.
__________________
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 11:44 PM   #14
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer
 
Crow_Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore, Asia
Posts: 1,418
Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

I never got about to finishing GTA4, it was too distracting. I ended up selling my xbox copy away. Maybe i'll get to play this one...
__________________
Desktop
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel i7 2700K @ 3.5 GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB |
| G.Skill RipJawsX PC3 12800 4GB x 2 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer | Intel SSD 520 120GB SSD |
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |


Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |


http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:58 AM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Just another example of devs screwing PC gamers. Why do you think I switched? Waiting/hoping/wishing for a AAA title sucks for the PC realm. No thanks.
once you grow to certain age, you don't care about playing something now now now. i preffer to wait for better version, why waste money on something that sucks like a console game.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:17 AM   #16
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
once you grow to certain age, you don't care about playing something now now now. i preffer to wait for better version, why waste money on something that sucks like a console game.
IMO, most PC games are just simple ports from the console version. Why wait years for the exact same quality game? And IMO, I just want simplicity: pop in a disc and just freakin play and enjoy the game. No tinkering, tweaking or messing with settings. Just play and enjoy the game. Most BF3 threads on the Internet I see are about settings, not about gameplay lol.

Oh and maybe play with close friends who don't game on PCs.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:51 AM   #17
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Should be fun. I doubt it will look any different than IV but it would be surprising if they did manage to up the visuals a bit.

I think I honestly just got burned out on the series with Vice city. I play that game for months and months and eventually saw it through to near 100% completion.

I played LA for maybe a few days and just couldn't get interested in it and later borrowed my brother's copy of IV and similarly, after a few hours, just put it down.

Red Dead though was fun. I played a while but got caught up with Halo reach and never picked RDR back up.

Depending on the reviews I may or may not get this one before bargain bin but hopefully by the time I decide, I'll know if it's coming to PC or not. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come to pc.
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 05:36 PM   #18
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
IMO, most PC games are just simple ports from the console version. Why wait years for the exact same quality game? And IMO, I just want simplicity: pop in a disc and just freakin play and enjoy the game. No tinkering, tweaking or messing with settings. Just play and enjoy the game. Most BF3 threads on the Internet I see are about settings, not about gameplay lol.

Oh and maybe play with close friends who don't game on PCs.
If you think you can just pop in a disk and play with today consoles for optimal play, you're wrong. Consoles are more like PC's now days. Install to HDD or play from disk, longer load times, patches and all that with lower fidelity. Tinkering is the nature of the PC, so unless all PC are the same spec, it's going to stay that way.

Spendng a few minutes setting up a game for optimal play for the gain of better fidelity is worth it. Enjoy your longer loading times, swapping disks, while it loads in a quarter of the time on my PC and I'm up and running.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:33 PM   #19
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
If you think you can just pop in a disk and play with today consoles for optimal play, you're wrong. Consoles are more like PC's now days. Install to HDD or play from disk, longer load times, patches and all that with lower fidelity. Tinkering is the nature of the PC, so unless all PC are the same spec, it's going to stay that way.

Spendng a few minutes setting up a game for optimal play for the gain of better fidelity is worth it. Enjoy your longer loading times, swapping disks, while it loads in a quarter of the time on my PC and I'm up and running.
Depends on what game you play. I've yet to play a game on the 360 that you have to install on the HDD. Every game I've played on the 360 has been pop in a disk and play. Simple, done. XBL has been excellent, no problems so far and graphics look great in 1080P.

PC gamers don't spend just a few minutes tweaking, they spend longer than that. Take a look at the current BF3 thread. SETTINGS AND TWEAKS GALORE OMGWTF!!111 I just want to play the game, not tweak. I just spend most of my day tweaking networks and servers, so it's the last thing I want to do when it comes to gaming, aka my hobby. I'm sick of tweaking/tinkering.

Devs are screwing PC gamers over more and more, and I finally just got tired of missing out on awesome games because of it.

I'll take longer loading times and swapping disks for an easier setup and the ability to play with my co-workers and friends. None of them have decent PCs (they don't want to play on what they work on) and they all game on the 360.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:34 PM   #20
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
If you think you can just pop in a disk and play with today consoles for optimal play, you're wrong. Consoles are more like PC's now days. Install to HDD or play from disk, longer load times, patches and all that with lower fidelity. Tinkering is the nature of the PC, so unless all PC are the same spec, it's going to stay that way.

Spendng a few minutes setting up a game for optimal play for the gain of better fidelity is worth it. Enjoy your longer loading times, swapping disks, while it loads in a quarter of the time on my PC and I'm up and running.
In a lot of ways PC gaming is getting easier than console gaming. It seems like every flipping time I turn on my PS3 or play a game I have to patch the console or the game.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-11, 07:47 PM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
IMO, most PC games are just simple ports from the console version. Why wait years for the exact same quality game? And IMO, I just want simplicity: pop in a disc and just freakin play and enjoy the game. No tinkering, tweaking or messing with settings. Just play and enjoy the game. Most BF3 threads on the Internet I see are about settings, not about gameplay lol.

Oh and maybe play with close friends who don't game on PCs.
not true, just having the option of resolution, AA, AF, textures, etc.. make them much better then any boring console game.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:48 PM   #22
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
not true, just having the option of resolution, AA, AF, textures, etc.. make them much better then any boring console game.
So having those options make a game fun? A game without those options are boring? Wut?

Tinkering is not fun for me. X360 games look great to me on my 1080P TV and I'm satisfied with the results. I don't even notice things like AA/AF because I'm having fun, I'm immersed in the game and enjoying my purchase.

IMO, most PC games give you the exact same quality as a console version. Again, just my opinion.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 09:01 PM   #23
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Shadow of the Colossus is better than any game I've played on the PC. Performed and handled like ****.

DEAL WITH IT.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 04:34 AM   #24
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Depends on what game you play. I've yet to play a game on the 360 that you have to install on the HDD. Every game I've played on the 360 has been pop in a disk and play. Simple, done. XBL has been excellent, no problems so far and graphics look great in 1080P.

PC gamers don't spend just a few minutes tweaking, they spend longer than that. Take a look at the current BF3 thread. SETTINGS AND TWEAKS GALORE OMGWTF!!111 I just want to play the game, not tweak. I just spend most of my day tweaking networks and servers, so it's the last thing I want to do when it comes to gaming, aka my hobby. I'm sick of tweaking/tinkering.

Devs are screwing PC gamers over more and more, and I finally just got tired of missing out on awesome games because of it.

I'll take longer loading times and swapping disks for an easier setup and the ability to play with my co-workers and friends. None of them have decent PCs (they don't want to play on what they work on) and they all game on the 360.
Come on Six, it's what we do here and we like to get the best out of the settings before we play it. Defaults usually suck.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.