Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-11, 08:12 AM   #25
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Come on Six, it's what we do here and we like to get the best out of the settings before we play it. Defaults usually suck.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Those options are important and while it's not fun to change those settings in the menu itself, an optimal setting will result in more fun while playing.
I guess I'm just not as much of a detail wh0re as I used to be. Graphics look just fine to me on my big screen and I'm satisfied with what the 360 can do.

Back on topic, I think that GTA5 will use the same engine as GTA4. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what we see in the trailer next week.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 05:31 PM   #26
Roliath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Shadow of the Colossus is better than any game I've played on the PC. Performed and handled like ****.

DEAL WITH IT.
Too bad the HD version didn't look that great and the a.i. is ridiculously dumb. Yes I was excited but I felt robbed by it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 05:44 PM   #27
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
So having those options make a game fun? A game without those options are boring? Wut?

Tinkering is not fun for me. X360 games look great to me on my 1080P TV and I'm satisfied with the results. I don't even notice things like AA/AF because I'm having fun, I'm immersed in the game and enjoying my purchase.

IMO, most PC games give you the exact same quality as a console version. Again, just my opinion.
read slawters post, having those options improves the immersion factor, and does improove the "fun" aspect.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 07:30 PM   #28
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Depends on what game you play. I've yet to play a game on the 360 that you have to install on the HDD. *SNIP*
thats because microsoft requires the developers to make the game able to play straight from disk as there are some 360 owners without HDD's installed.

I think it was an interview with dice that they said that and the reason they included the hd textures disk with the 360 version.
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 07:40 PM   #29
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
thats because microsoft requires the developers to make the game able to play straight from disk as there are some 360 owners without HDD's installed.

I think it was an interview with dice that they said that and the reason they included the hd textures disk with the 360 version.
I do wish that MS would've been able to get in on some BluRay action for this purpose.

Quote:
read slawters post, having those options improves the immersion factor, and does improove the "fun" aspect.
I disagree, but to each his own.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 01:27 AM   #30
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?
 
Mike89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In California choking from all the liberal BS
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Since you switched over to 360, what are you doing on a PC thread? Go for gaming on a console dude if that's your new thing, but you don't need to pitch consoles or discuss the merits of consoles vs pc here. There are other places for that. This is a PC game thread. You don't like to tweak, yet you are in a pc game thread where tweaking goes hand in hand with pc.

This is the bad thing about having single game threads on forums. 25% is about the game and 75% is about everything else but the game.


As far as a GTA 5, dunno if I can hang or not. I already got rid of GTA 4, couldn't get myself up to play it anymore. I'm pretty much burned out of the whole GTA thing. I'll keep one eye open to see what the skinny is but that's about it.
__________________
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 02:37 AM   #31
Viral
Registered User of Women
 
Viral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

I'm not sure if you can call this a "PC game thread" for certain just yet...
__________________
Q9550 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme | 4GB Team Xtreme Dark 800MHz CL4 | Gigabyte X48-DS5
ASUS Radeon 5870 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 2 | 1TB WD Green Power | BenQ V2400W 24" LCD
Corsair HX-1000w | LG GGW-H20L 6x DL Blu-Ray Burner/HD-DVD Reader | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 08:09 AM   #32
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Since you switched over to 360, what are you doing on a PC thread? Go for gaming on a console dude if that's your new thing, but you don't need to pitch consoles or discuss the merits of consoles vs pc here. There are other places for that. This is a PC game thread. You don't like to tweak, yet you are in a pc game thread where tweaking goes hand in hand with pc.

This is the bad thing about having single game threads on forums. 25% is about the game and 75% is about everything else but the game.


As far as a GTA 5, dunno if I can hang or not. I already got rid of GTA 4, couldn't get myself up to play it anymore. I'm pretty much burned out of the whole GTA thing. I'll keep one eye open to see what the skinny is but that's about it.
Couldn't agree more. When I read the BF3 thread, it took me a while to get SP impressions because everyone was mainly talking about tweaking the heck out of it.

As for the separate threads, I guess I could do that. Guess that means we will need to move this thread to Console World then huh? It'll be another 2 years before PC sees this lol
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-11, 08:48 AM   #33
HiCZoK4
 
HiCZoK4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,467
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

The trailer is about to release today. I am quite sure it will only show a flyby aroun las venturas or whatever
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 09:57 AM   #34
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
The trailer is about to release today. I am quite sure it will only show a flyby aroun las venturas or whatever
Only 2 hours away!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 10:23 AM   #35
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?
 
Mike89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In California choking from all the liberal BS
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Guess that means we will need to move this thread to Console World then huh? It'll be another 2 years before PC sees this lol
That's fine with me. Some things I remember about that game (among others) was Windows Live, that stupid Social Club, and all those patches from a botchy launch. I'm in no hurry to have all that again.
__________________
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 10:35 AM   #36
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Couldn't agree more. When I read the BF3 thread, it took me a while to get SP impressions because everyone was mainly talking about tweaking the heck out of it.

As for the separate threads, I guess I could do that. Guess that means we will need to move this thread to Console World then huh? It'll be another 2 years before PC sees this lol
That's because hardly anyone is bothered about the SP in BF3 and well consoles users cannot talk about tweaking because they cannot tweak, they get 30fps, low/medium settings end of story, get what they're given. PC don't always like the defaults, especially if the game is a console port as it tends to look blurry. You might be fine with the pre-set fidelity with the consoles since there is nothing you can do about it anyway, with PC that's different.

Many high end products give you options to tweak that might improve your personal experience because defaults don't suit everyone, especially people who want more out of their product.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.