Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-02-11, 09:47 AM   #37
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 "Five"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
That's because hardly anyone is bothered about the SP in BF3 and well consoles users cannot talk about tweaking because they cannot tweak, they get 30fps, low/medium settings end of story, get what they're given. PC don't always like the defaults, especially if the game is a console port as it tends to look blurry. You might be fine with the pre-set fidelity with the consoles since there is nothing you can do about it anyway, with PC that's different.

Many high end products give you options to tweak that might improve your personal experience because defaults don't suit everyone, especially people who want more out of their product.
IMO, many PC releases today aren't made for the PC, therefore the "fidelity" is poor to begin with. So why pay for high end hardware when the software is FUBAR'D from the get go? Again just my opinion.

SP would've been one of my main reasons for buying BF3. I already know what I'm getting in MP because it's the same as BF:BC2. Again just my opinion.

I'm happy with my XBOX and 1080P TV, looks great and no tinkering, therefore more time to enjoy the game and just have fun.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 10:34 AM   #38
Sean_W

If you're happy then why hit on us PC users all the time for tweaking? We enjoy games just as much as console uses. BF3 isn't the same as BFBC2 MP and if you're buying BF3 for SP then you clearly don't understand what it's main purpose is. Battlefield has always been about MP and most people buy it for that reason a lone.

Paying for high end hardware has it's advantages, since it's always going to be much better fidelity than the console games and if you don't have a 1080P TV for your console, well that's just crap. Looks great to you maybe but it looks meh to me. Old PC games look better on new hardware as well. If you're lucky enough to have 2 1080p TV's so your main TV is freed up then fine, but it's not like that for a lot of people.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 10:46 AM   #39
six_storm

Quote:
If you're happy then why hit on us PC users all the time for tweaking? We enjoy games just as much as console uses. BF3 isn't the same as BFBC2 MP and if you're buying BF3 for SP then you clearly don't understand what it's main purpose is. Battlefield has always been about MP and most people buy it for that reason a lone.

Paying for high end hardware has it's advantages, since it's always going to be much better fidelity than the console games and if you don't have a 1080P TV for your console, well that's just crap. Looks great to you maybe but it looks meh to me. Old PC games look better on new hardware as well. If you're lucky enough to have 2 1080p TV's so your main TV is freed up then fine, but it's not like that for a lot of people.
Not hitting on anyone, just stating my opinion that tweaking is retarded; we should get the best out of box experience for our money. And if a game releases for PC, devs should put the time in to make it that much better than the console version, not just port it.

Back on topic, we got about 15 minutes until the trailer.
Old 11-02-11, 10:56 AM   #40
Sean_W

Enjoy your Xbox and keep out of the PC section then.

I'm betting GTA 5 won't be released on the PC the same time, going by previous releases. Rockstar support truly sucks anyway.
Old 11-02-11, 11:09 AM   #41
six_storm

Quote:
Enjoy your Xbox and keep out of the PC section then.

I'm betting GTA 5 won't be released on the PC the same time, going by previous releases. Rockstar support truly sucks anyway.
Sir yes sir Mr PC sir!!1111

Anywho, the trailer for GTA 5 was alright. It's using the same engine as GTA4 and is located in LA. Map looks like it's going to be freakin huge, lots to explore. Planes, jet skis were shown. Looks like a classic GTA game to me. Didn't give a release date though. Too bad PC peeps will have to wait years, that's even if they do get it lol.
Old 11-02-11, 12:47 PM   #42
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Too bad PC peeps will have to wait years, that's even if they do get it lol.
The engine in GTA IV was a piece of junk and they are well known for not patching issues with the series. PC version will be have the best fidelity as usual, the modders will make it superior like ENB no doubt.
Old 11-02-11, 12:50 PM   #43
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

I'm jonesing for GTA5. GTA4 was great on the PC, except for the binary off/on accelerator for cars when using a gamepad throttle. They finally fixed it...after I finished the game.
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 01:16 PM   #44
logan

Pretty underwhelming trailer. The graphics are good, looks better than 4, but I'd take story and gameplay over graphics any day and obviously we didn't see any of that. Knowing how poorly 4 could perform visually at times and how Rockstar was constantly tweaking things, it's a bit worrisome. Is the narrator the main character in the game? Not exactly a standout like we had with CJ and Niko...
logan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-11, 01:27 PM   #45
JasonPC

Yay hopefully there will be no more characters with emo angst in this one
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 01:36 PM   #46
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
Pretty underwhelming trailer. The graphics are good, looks better than 4, but I'd take story and gameplay over graphics any day and obviously we didn't see any of that. Knowing how poorly 4 could perform visually at times and how Rockstar was constantly tweaking things, it's a bit worrisome. Is the narrator the main character in the game? Not exactly a standout like we had with CJ and Niko...
This.
Old 11-02-11, 01:51 PM   #47
Sean_W

Except that there where some bugs that were never fixed that stopped you completing the game in GTA IV. GTA IV was good but it had it's flaws, specifically having tons of money with nothing to use it on except ammo and weapons.

I won't be buying this on release based on the crap support Rockstar have, glad I didn't with GTA IV either.
Old 11-02-11, 06:18 PM   #48
Viral
Registered User of Women

The trailer was great. It looks like a large map with a lot of variety and more vehicle types to boot. Graphics look a little better, but not much, I wasn't expecting any different. I just recently played IV with ENB (0.82) though, and I must say it looks VERY bland compared to that. Most of that is the colour palette and overall contrast.

Gameplay should be great though. I would guess there will be a bit more variety in this one by the looks of it, though I doubt the complete crazyness of SA will be back, Saints Row have taken that concept and run with it, so it's theirs now. I like the more serious GTA but still think they needed to at least have more variety with the weapons and vehicles from GTA IV as well as more variety in scenery. I'm thinking they will definitely do that this time.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote