Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-11, 03:54 PM   #37
Sean_W

Default Re: DICE: Lead Developement of BF3 Switched To Consoles.

Lead platform means that they developed the game for the PC and then ported it to consoles. Clearly they finished off the PC version by porting it to the PC from the console.

The point is they said the PC "is" lead platform 3 weeks ago and by their own admission now, it wasn't.
Old 11-02-11, 03:56 PM   #38
ViN86

You complain when PC is never the lead platform. Now it is for the majority of the development cycle, then you complain that it wasn't lead for the entire time. They can't win.

This is such a pointless thing to be upset by. A company finally tries to make a game with the PC as its star, and you still bash them. Unbelievable. And we wonder why devs have started just ignoring PC gamers...
Old 11-02-11, 03:57 PM   #39
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Lead platform means that they developed the game for the PC and then ported it to consoles. Clearly they finished off the PC version by porting it to the PC from the console.

The point is they said the PC "is" lead platform 3 weeks ago and by their own admission now, it wasn't.
Do you know what the last part of a game to be developed is? It's not the game engine, and it's not the textures. It's usually the UI bull****. You're really going to complain that they ported something so generic from console to PC?
Old 11-02-11, 03:58 PM   #40
Sean_W

I'm not complaining about it not being lead platform until finished, I'm complaining that they lied in the GeForce LAN presentation. That's my point but as usual people get their panties in a twist because they think I',m console bashing.

Just to be clear. I don't give a f*ck about it being ported to the PC half way though, I care that they lied telling us that three weeks ago the PC version was lead platform, when it wasn't. Geez.
Old 11-02-11, 04:02 PM   #41
ViN86

Quote:
I'm not complaining about it not being lead platform until finished, I'm complaining that they lied in the GeForce LAN presentation. That's my point but as usual people get their panties in a twist because they think I',m console bashing.
I think people are more bothered by how upset you appear to be because a company, which tried to serve the PC community the best it could, told a small lie because of time constraints. I mean they're a business at the end of the day. They don't give a **** if they lie, they have to meet deadlines.

It's just strange because you would think you'd be ecstatic that a company had PC gamers in mind first and foremost. In fact, so ecstatic, that any "lies" resulting from mere business decisions that have little to no impact on the game, would be inconsequential...
Old 11-02-11, 04:06 PM   #42
ElL33t
Brobama

I think what I love most about Battlefield 3 is that it is a PC platform lead game.

ok im out nao, seriously. lol
I am the #1 Obama supporter
Old 11-02-11, 04:07 PM   #43
Sean_W

Got nothing to do with that Vin. They lied at the presentation when it should have said 'PC was lead platform'.

If I said I was doing some work on you car and it was lead car I was doing work on when I gave it you, but it wasn't, you wouldn't be too happy or do you like being lied to?
Old 11-02-11, 04:09 PM   #44
Ninja Prime

Quote:
So, where is my "I was right!" award from the other thread?

Let me dig it up:

Quote:
Do you really think someone who makes 3 times as much money from PS3/360 sales really "developed for PC first!" because they love you and your PC? LMAO. Thats something they say so that PC fanboys get a boner and then spew the virtues of DICE/EA.

Old 11-02-11, 04:17 PM   #45
Sean_W

There you go, I fixed it for DICE. You can all sleep better at night knowing I came to your rescue and fend off the evil lying game developers.
Old 11-02-11, 04:18 PM   #46
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
So, where is my "I was right!" award from the other thread?

Let me dig it up:
Well they did develop for the PC first, so yes you where wrong. Thankfully DICE got all the PC specific stuff done before having to switch to consoles.
Old 11-02-11, 04:24 PM   #47
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Well they did develop for the PC first, so yes you where wrong. Thankfully DICE got all the PC specific stuff done before having to switch to consoles.
LOL, can't admit it ehh? Its ok, it was fairly obvious that this whole thread was about your E-peen ego, so I didn't expect you to admit it anyway.
Old 11-02-11, 04:30 PM   #48
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
LOL, can't admit it ehh? Its ok, it was fairly obvious that this whole thread was about your E-peen ego, so I didn't expect you to admit it anyway.
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. BF3 is DX11/10 only which means they ported it to the consoles because DX is backward compatible. DICE switched lead development to the consoles to get the game done on time on all platforms.
Closed Thread