Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-11, 12:01 PM   #157
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

There's a ton of hackers in this game already. Bleh. Still fun though. I went 6-1 against an aimbotter earlier
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 12:04 PM   #158
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I remember being surprised about that one. I guess they were looking at it as an overall, in terms of both graphics and performance. Back then no one could max out crysis unless you're running on crappy resolution. Crysis may win in eye candy but it definitely loses in terms of performance. COD4 managed to deliver decent looking graphics and yet maintain a smooth framerate.
Yeah but when you're judging on graphics alone, Crysis wins hands down, even on medium.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 12:43 PM   #159
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ca...3/user-reviews

Wow ive been reading some of it and man, people sure are pissed off... Then again ive been hearing the same words coming from my friends who have played the game. I guess the reviews were either bribed or just fanboyism or both?
I'm surprised anybody is that pissed off, it's just a game. If you don't like it, get off MP and sell it to someone who wants a copy. MW3 is arguably the best in the series and I've yet to talk with anyone not online who doesn't at least like the game; nobody I know would throw it on the ground and spit on it like all the "PC elitest" and some COD4 vets. It's a blast to play with co-workers and friends online.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 12:45 PM   #160
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Needs FOV slider, can't play more than a few mins without my head and stomach turning. Can't anyone release a PC game anymore? seriously to all devs... FOV 60 AIN'T GONNA WORK FOR THE PC? kthaxbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 01:28 PM   #161
bacon12

Agreed. They should be forced to play at least an hour on PC 3' for their monitor. It makes my eyes hurt. I hope that gets patched this/next week.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 02:16 PM   #162
ViN86

I hope they give us the option to change FOV, but they won't. The only updates you will get on PC will be menu changes for when DLC is released.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 02:27 PM   #163
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I'm surprised anybody is that pissed off, it's just a game. If you don't like it, get off MP and sell it to someone who wants a copy. MW3 is arguably the best in the series and I've yet to talk with anyone not online who doesn't at least like the game; nobody I know would throw it on the ground and spit on it like all the "PC elitest" and some COD4 vets. It's a blast to play with co-workers and friends online.
It's just a game that people spend well earned money on. If you paid the same as the console version and got it in a sh*t state, people have a right to be upset just like any product. Games are products, if they are not up to people's standards, they moan about or replace. Some game developers and publishes have the most pathetic custom service around as well. A lot of the things people moan about are valid, FOV can course people to feel sick or get dizzy. PC screens are not ideal for console FOV and that's a fact.

I wish you would stop crying yourself about "PC elitist", since you are as bad as the people who moan. People have a right to moan, especially if their standards are higher than yours. So yeah, stop moan about people who moan, you sound like a broken record.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 02:33 PM   #164
bacon12

Or he could post on an xbox forum with the other FPS thumbjocky's where his opinions would matter.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-11, 04:02 PM   #165
Greedo

so, is the MP worth it? swiff.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 05:36 PM   #166
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I hope they give us the option to change FOV, but they won't. The only updates you will get on PC will be menu changes for when DLC is released.
I wont even be able to finish the SP then... that sucks. I can't play when I get a migraine every time I sit down and try to play. I really wanna slam one of these devs heads into a desk now this is making me extremely angry. I paid my money I want a damn slider for FOV. Is that really too much to ask?

Quote:
Old 11-10-11, 07:07 PM   #167
MowTin

Quote:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ca...3/user-reviews

Wow ive been reading some of it and man, people sure are pissed off... Then again ive been hearing the same words coming from my friends who have played the game. I guess the reviews were either bribed or just fanboyism or both?
Metacritic user reviews are almost useless now. It's reviews by a bunch of 13-year-old kids. If they don't like a game it gets a 0 or 1. Kids today are so spoiled.

There was no MW3 when I was kid. We played games like "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for the Atari 2600...and we like it.

(feeling nostalgic today)

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 09:31 PM   #168
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Just updated to 1.2.359. No idea what the update does.

Quote: