Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-11, 02:54 PM   #193
Logical

Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Managed to get the red bloody screen to look better when being shot at, as it is its hard to tell where you ae being shot from but the following cfg edits make it more like an arrow as it was in CoD4....

seta cg_hudDamageIconHeight "150"
cg_hudDamageIconWidth "55"
cg_hudDamageIconTime "6000"

Enjoying pub gaming atm, i encounter some lag but usually its quite smooth and lag free. Almost at prestige 1 now. Tuesday my team start PCW's (practise clan wars) to participate in ladders. http://www.team-peritus.co.uk
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 11:25 PM   #194
Greedo

super laggy tonight. pos.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 11:36 AM   #195
Logical

A new patch was released yesterday, no actual notes on the patch but i have found that the 'lag compensation' that IW implemented is now not as harsh as it was before...Low pingers shouldn't be as laggy as they were before...

Played a few Practise clan wars now on our teams dedicated server, we had the 'sil and marres' Euro competitive recipe and now we have the oficial Clanbase.eu recipe installed. I laugh in the face of all the haters that said this game wouldn't be any good for competitive matches lol. Game is very balanced, most of the maps are superb for SD competitive games my faves being Bakaar, Seatown, Paris, Underground, Carbon and Hardhat.

There has been a rumour also that the first DLC pack will include some cod4 faves (Strike, Crash, Crossfire and Overgrown) and also a MW2 map (Highrise). Not too sure if this is correct but it has neither been denied or confirmed by IW/SH.

Absolutly loving this game at the minute, best multiplayer game i have played since cod4, i haven't touched BF3 since MW3 not even to see if the new beta patch solved my stutter problem i had...but thats another story on another thread.

All in all im loving this game, it hasn't got the best visuals in the world nor is it original in any way...What it does have is classic CoD gameplay that all CoD lovers are used to with excellent balance considering how many perks, killstreaks, weapon attachments and deathstreaks there are (public play).

Useful multiplayer config tweaks...

seta cg_hudDamageIconWidth "55"
seta cg_hudDamageIconTime "6000" - duration of the arrow

seta cg_brass "0"
seta cg_ScoresPing_MaxBars "6"
seta dynEnt_active "0"
seta r_distortion "0"
seta r_dof_enable "0"
seta r_fastSkin "1"
seta r_glow_allowed "0"
seta g_playerCollisionEjectSpeed "0"
seta snd_enableEQ "0"

To remove the ingame music when playing such as the dramatic track that plays when clutching simply rename the 'miles' folder in the games dir.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 12:43 PM   #196
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Absolutly loving this game at the minute, best multiplayer game i have played since cod4, i haven't touched BF3 since MW3 not even to see if the new beta patch solved my stutter problem i had...but thats another story on another thread.

All in all im loving this game, it hasn't got the best visuals in the world nor is it original in any way...What it does have is classic CoD gameplay that all CoD lovers are used to with excellent balance considering how many perks, killstreaks, weapon attachments and deathstreaks there are (public play).
Until they fix the FOV this game is shelved. It gives me a headache and makes me nauseas. I loved the story but I'm disgusted that they are so hell bent on giving the console douches the "best play experience". I'm enjoying BF3 in all it's HD gloriousness.

2 things that absolutely need to happen but won't...
1. FOV needs to be adjustable
2. remove the 91 FPS cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 02:22 PM   #197
K007

yea same..i cant really sit down and get into this game..the fov is just a pain in the ass...the rest i could live with...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 02:44 PM   #198
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
A new patch was released yesterday, no actual notes on the patch but i have found that the 'lag compensation' that IW implemented is now not as harsh as it was before...Low pingers shouldn't be as laggy as they were before...

Played a few Practise clan wars now on our teams dedicated server, we had the 'sil and marres' Euro competitive recipe and now we have the oficial Clanbase.eu recipe installed. I laugh in the face of all the haters that said this game wouldn't be any good for competitive matches lol. Game is very balanced, most of the maps are superb for SD competitive games my faves being Bakaar, Seatown, Paris, Underground, Carbon and Hardhat.

There has been a rumour also that the first DLC pack will include some cod4 faves (Strike, Crash, Crossfire and Overgrown) and also a MW2 map (Highrise). Not too sure if this is correct but it has neither been denied or confirmed by IW/SH.

Useful multiplayer config tweaks...

seta cg_hudDamageIconWidth "55"
seta cg_hudDamageIconTime "6000" - duration of the arrow

seta cg_brass "0"
seta cg_ScoresPing_MaxBars "6"
seta dynEnt_active "0"
seta r_distortion "0"
seta r_dof_enable "0"
seta r_fastSkin "1"
seta r_glow_allowed "0"
seta g_playerCollisionEjectSpeed "0"
seta snd_enableEQ "0"

To remove the ingame music when playing such as the dramatic track that plays when clutching simply rename the 'miles' folder in the games dir.
I've been scrimming a bunch on our dedicated server too and although we are playing on a dedicated server, the registration still feels strange. The maps are small and the rounds are quick, and the layout is fairly well balanced.

I like it, but I don't love it. I liked Black Ops competition more.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 02:53 PM   #199
Sean_W

Guys, apply the widescreen fix, you can set the FOV to your liking.

http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

It's beyond a joke that this game series has the same problems for the PC every release.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 03:17 PM   #200
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
They're afraid of getting banned.

I can only say again that I played Black Ops a lot online with the fix applied. Plus there have been no confirmed bans because of this.
It doesn't matter. The FOV fixer won't be allowed in competitive play. So I might as well get used to the ****ty FOV.

And our matches require the use of UAC3, which takes screenshots randomly as you play, so yes, people would find out if you used it. lol

Old 11-17-11, 03:25 PM   #201
Sean_W

Wow, it's probably why such games don't have a FOV setting then. BF3 does so I don't know what the issue is, as for gaining an advantage, meh, so does having a better mouse, hardware or connection.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 04:01 PM   #202
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Is that a console league?

Not allowing a FOV fixer on a PC title is stupid in my opinion. Especially in these days when tools are required to get it running properly even on a single screen and Surround is pretty common since the introduction of Eyefinity.
LOL no but it feels like it with the FOV. This is why I prefer Black Ops comp play.

The reason they don't allow it is because not everyone will use one (some people are too dumb to figure it out and will just bitch about those who do), and it's technically a DLL hook, which are generally frowned upon in competitive play because they are usually hacks.
Old 11-17-11, 04:06 PM   #203
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Wow, it's probably why such games don't have a FOV setting then. BF3 does so I don't know what the issue is, as for gaining an advantage, meh, so does having a better mouse, hardware or connection.
I mean, if the game includes the option to change it (as it should) then you can use whatever value you want. But for games that don't include it, 3rd party (i.e. unofficial) tools to change it are frowned upon.
Old 11-17-11, 04:07 PM   #204
Greedo

i've given MW3 MP a pretty good shake. i prefer BF3. the camping in MW3 is over the top, and the maps reward it.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote