Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-17-11, 04:18 PM   #205
Sean_W

Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

I guess most game developers don't care that they are making PC gamers ill and get increased eye strain because they cannot add a simple FOV option.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 04:28 PM   #206
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

There is a delay in firing your weapon too I noticed today. been playing a lot of BF3. There is clearly a delay in clicking the mouse till the gun fires and the other guy always gets me first even with 4 bars (low ping)

I hate to say it, as a long time COD MW3 fan... COD MW3 MP is dead to me. I just can't do it anymore. Limited FPS, FOV, laggy play, hit detection... I've gotten really good with BF3, sorry COD, you've been become too consolized for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 06:49 PM   #207
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
i've given MW3 MP a pretty good shake. i prefer BF3. the camping in MW3 is over the top, and the maps reward it.
Yes, more so than MW2.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 07:54 PM   #208
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
They're afraid of getting banned.

I can only say again that I played Black Ops a lot online with the fix applied. Plus there have been no confirmed bans because of this.
i didnt have to fix anything in black ops, we had access to console, so it was a simple console line to fix fov.

in cod mw1/2 it feels like i have a acog scope 4x and always moving with ads...which is a pain because all other games i play 80-85~

and no i am not a 'afraid' of getting back, i know 'i will' get banned...its really stupid to play with things like this to risk a vac ban on your account...totally not worth it.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 08:21 PM   #209
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I guess most game developers don't care that they are making PC gamers ill and get increased eye strain because they cannot add a simple FOV option.
You just now figuring this out?

MW3 is the most balanced MW game, even more so than BO. Maps are smaller for the most part so it takes most of those annoying snipers out. We have been having a blast at work playing.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 09:57 PM   #210
Sean_W

Yeah but FOV on the PC version is crap mate, it's like tunnel vision. Try looking down a tube a third the size of your face for 30 minutes, it's pretty much like that with such a narrow FOV. I get much less eye strain with higher FOV.
Old 11-17-11, 10:09 PM   #211
Logical

Iv'e kinda got used to the FOV after about 40 hours play. Not saying it's good but that i have got used to it...I haven't played much public P2p play in the last few days due to stratting with my team, however i did have a quick bash earlier on ground war domination. Some guy went 128-3 and nuked the map 3 times...yes you read right he NUKED it ala MW2, apparently its a killstreak that wasn't activated but this guys hack did just that..Rather than the map ending after the first nuke, instead my screen had a red mist all over it with a 'fallout' timer in the top left counting down from 20 seconds...insane.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 10:42 PM   #212
Greedo

yeah there are quite a few hackers out there already.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-11, 11:56 PM   #213
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Iv'e kinda got used to the FOV after about 40 hours play. Not saying it's good but that i have got used to it.
Don't get too used to it.

Old 11-18-11, 01:35 PM   #214
Logical

*Edit*
lol i deleted my post i probably shouldn't rant like i did.

But BLOPS maps dont even compare to MW3 maps as far as balance, spawns and bomb placements are...and please stop with the FOV and max fps stuff. Do you play bf3 at 91 fps ? ah ok...as for FOV yeah it sucks but get used to it, there are many other games that have a fixed fov of that of a console and noone says **** about that....I tweeted 402 3 times and tweeted Glen Schofield twice about it, if they patch it in great if not then ok it will just have to do, but it certainly isnt ruining my experience with MW3....

Oh and zero lag here with any lobby game i connect to under 50ms, and zero lag with any dedi server i connect to under 100ms...Check your NAT settings.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 04:05 PM   #215
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well, Surround gaming required the fix in Black Ops as well.
hmm well that is a very very tiny group :/....compared to mw2/mw3...treyarch gave us a lot more options to tweak the game...just that the engine was a big fail at launch.
Old 11-18-11, 04:14 PM   #216
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
*Edit*
lol i deleted my post i probably shouldn't rant like i did.

But BLOPS maps dont even compare to MW3 maps as far as balance, spawns and bomb placements are...and please stop with the FOV and max fps stuff. Do you play bf3 at 91 fps ? ah ok...as for FOV yeah it sucks but get used to it, there are many other games that have a fixed fov of that of a console and noone says **** about that....I tweeted 402 3 times and tweeted Glen Schofield twice about it, if they patch it in great if not then ok it will just have to do, but it certainly isnt ruining my experience with MW3....

Oh and zero lag here with any lobby game i connect to under 50ms, and zero lag with any dedi server i connect to under 100ms...Check your NAT settings.

I am not sure what ure saying here...are you saying MW3 maps are better??...Because it is a tiny as hell even for CoD standards...

The FoV is horrible, asking people to 'get used to it' is a bloody joke and extremely lazy of the dev to not include the fov control. Name some other multiplayer games where the FoV is fixed and restricted? If it is a single player game..i honestly dont care...99% of the time some form of 'hack' can be done to fix the FoV, but since its a single player game...i dont have to worry about getting a ban.

Oh thats great you connect to under 50ms, its not the same for me, not sure about other Australians, but most of the games are laggy and people are complaining in the chat about it asking the host to piss off.

The hacks are just off the scale...multiple nukes landing/stats/etc..

IWNET replaced dedicated servers saying IWNET is better....which is bs tbh.

The lobby itself is still stupid. You can't chat while your waiting for the map rotation unless you have a mic. (This applies to BF3 as well but they don't even have a mic chat option, but the Dev's have said this is something they plan to add).

I think you failed to realised that they are promoting this as a full blown game ($100USD), yet it doesn't bring anything different to the table.

Where is CoD Elite? BF3 Battlelog is up and running from launch day. BF asking price is 79AUD which includes a free DLC / warfare pack.