Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-19-11, 08:13 AM   #229
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
CALL OF DUTY PC IS DEAD DO NOT BUY ANYMORE, ACTIVISION IW/SH AND TREYARCH DO NOT CARE FOR THE PC PLATFORM

yea, they really pounded that hard this time around... they hate PC gamers... we get it. At least we have BF3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 10:04 AM   #230
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
lol
The last few posts are the perfect example how bad this forum got. A few of the most active posters here are also the most negative - makes browsing this forum no fun at all anymore. Great job guys!
+1
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 12:26 PM   #231
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
also u can't alt tab out while ure in the lobby...it even wont work if u cntr/alt/del...game takes full control over even over taskbar manager.
CTRL ALt DEL start task manager and then rapidly press ALT+TAB will take you back to desktop..
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 12:46 PM   #232
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
lol
The last few posts are the perfect example how bad this forum got. A few of the most active posters here are also the most negative - makes browsing this forum no fun at all anymore. Great job guys!
I have posted positive and negative comments about this game the things i am pleased about and the things i am displeased about, so i do hope that your little comment doesn't include my posts...

Bowling himself has said that the PC platform is the least platform in terms of attention taken to detail and blames piracy for the decision on that...

LAN support - No
Dedicated servers - yes but unranked only
Editable cfg - yes but limited with the main CVARs being locked down such as FOV, MAXfps and maxpackets
Good maps - yes
extra graphic options - yes but not to full potential
CoD elite - not as yet
A working anticheat - no, game lobbys are riddled with hackers now. VAC is bad we all knew that..
esports support-in a way yes
mod tools - no

It is lazy programming, the game has the potential to be very good for everyone..I purchased the game for competitive play only and for that it suits my needs but is a little restricted. For those that play multiplayer in the P2P lobbys then i feel sorry for you having to put up with hackers, lag for some, bad hit reg and lag compensation. For those that purchased it for SP i cannot comment as i have not yet even started it up in SP mode.

The game suits the consoles down to the ground, it is after all built for a console primarily. The port is lazy and the excuses they have given for this is nothing short of a joke...Blaming piracy and lack of numbers purchasing the game...Hmm cause and effect hey IW ? Build a nice port and answer yes with no buts to all the questions above and the game would have tripled in sales for the PC platform but they dont care about that, the amount they have lost is like pocket money compared to the money they have made through consoles.

I dont post NEGATIVE posts i post the truth if you find any of my posts nagative then i feel sorry for you that you can't take the games criticisms even though they are nothing short of the truth.....
Old 11-19-11, 01:31 PM   #233
ViN86

Quote:
also u can't alt tab out while ure in the lobby...it even wont work if u cntr/alt/del...game takes full control over even over taskbar manager.
Alt+Esc will get you out. If it takes over Task Manager, use Alt+Tab to change to desktop.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 01:46 PM   #234
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
The PC base isn't small, it's just that they want the console base more. If they actually make a game worth buying then PC gamers will buy it droves. Minecraft sold 4 million, so big game developers need to look what they are doing wrong.
So charge for an unfinished product (not even a game really) for over 2 years and then when it goes version 1.0 charge more for it while still never finishing it or adding gameplay to it as promised. Yeah Minecraft is the perfect example of how the game industry should work...

idiot.
Old 11-21-11, 07:17 PM   #235
Logical

This has to be the luckiest knife throw i ever saw....

Old 11-21-11, 07:43 PM   #236
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

another update

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
Our #MW3 PC players should have noticed an update today. It was to address the Stealth Bomber exploit. The skies should be bit clearer now.

Still no real fix... FOV, maxfps... can't play it yet instant migraine...

Quote:

Old 11-27-11, 02:38 AM   #237
K007

i can only play 1 game..then i have to completely take a break...its just really hard the fov..mw2 i played 200 hours but at that time that was the only fps game i was really playing, but now i got a few games i am playing and ofcourse blackops had a fov change as well...switching between bf3/skyrim and mw3 = damaging my eyes...

going to have to put this game on hold till the fov is fixed.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 10:43 AM   #238
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
i can only play 1 game..then i have to completely take a break...its just really hard the fov..mw2 i played 200 hours but at that time that was the only fps game i was really playing, but now i got a few games i am playing and ofcourse blackops had a fov change as well...switching between bf3/skyrim and mw3 = damaging my eyes...

going to have to put this game on hold till the fov is fixed.
mine is shelved too... been complaining on twitter to these devs, I just don't think they care. They hate PC gamers, it's clear COD is a dead IP to us. Waste of money...

Quote:
Old 11-27-11, 11:35 AM   #239
bacon12

I have been using the widescreen fixer to make it bearable. Shame cause the game is fun.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 04:25 AM   #240
K007

bacon, u can get banned by vac for that.
also the widescreen fixer if i am reading right doesn't fix fov, just stretches the video.

also i read this on the steam forums regarding lag compensation

"The MW3 engine tries to balance the matches by adding lag to people with high-performance computers and connections - which means: if you have high FPS and GPU usage and low ping or host, the game will see this as an advantage and add latency to your client."
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote