Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-29-11, 07:21 AM   #241
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Still haven't even touched the MP. Probably never will
Black Ops was fun for 2 weeks. But this P2P stuff doesn't interest me, just like MW2.
I think it's funny how people complain about P2P when it works just fine. It worked great for MW2 and it works great for MW3, both console and PC. Yeah, it's not the standard ded. server we all want, but it works and that's what matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
mine is shelved too... been complaining on twitter to these devs, I just don't think they care. They hate PC gamers, it's clear COD is a dead IP to us. Waste of money...
This is what I've been saying for months now. They don't care and I don't know why they made a PC version in the first place if they can't support it.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 07:35 AM   #242
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I think it's funny how people complain about P2P when it works just fine. It worked great for MW2 and it works great for MW3, both console and PC. Yeah, it's not the standard ded. server we all want, but it works and that's what matters.

This is what I've been saying for months now. They don't care and I don't know why they made a PC version in the first place if they can't support it.
ok..what does p2p bring over dedicated servers for pc side??

I Agree with ure last comment, i think brining mw3 to the pc was pretty crap and just a way for them to get an extra bit of $$ on the sales.

Already i saw someone playing kill confirmed on mw2...and with bigger map it looks a lot more fun...

Dedicated Servers/Mod support/updated engine more suited for PC...these are things that we just wont see on a CoD till consoles catch up...

just hoping that in 2012 we will see a new console from sony/ms..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 08:02 AM   #243
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
ok..what does p2p bring over dedicated servers for pc side??

I Agree with ure last comment, i think brining mw3 to the pc was pretty crap and just a way for them to get an extra bit of $$ on the sales.

Already i saw someone playing kill confirmed on mw2...and with bigger map it looks a lot more fun...

Dedicated Servers/Mod support/updated engine more suited for PC...these are things that we just wont see on a CoD till consoles catch up...

just hoping that in 2012 we will see a new console from sony/ms..
P2P isn't as bad as people play it out to be. Yeah, it's obviously not as good as a ded. server but I've had very little trouble out of it, very few instances where you have a crappy host or a game that migrates hosts right in the middle of the round.

Totally agree with you on the MW3 PC version. It's a great game regardless of the so called "problems" and people aren't playing it for the fun factor anymore. Very sad that people can't enjoy it for what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if devs stopped making PC versions of their games from here on out and went console only. And I wouldn't be surprised if other big software devs didn't follow suit.
Old 11-29-11, 08:09 AM   #244
K007

Quote:
P2P isn't as bad as people play it out to be. Yeah, it's obviously not as good as a ded. server but I've had very little trouble out of it, very few instances where you have a crappy host or a game that migrates hosts right in the middle of the round.

Totally agree with you on the MW3 PC version. It's a great game regardless of the so called "problems" and people aren't playing it for the fun factor anymore. Very sad that people can't enjoy it for what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if devs stopped making PC versions of their games from here on out and went console only. And I wouldn't be surprised if other big software devs didn't follow suit.
hmm maybe u had better luck with the p2p..for me...it was not a fun experience in mw2...(thats with 200+hours on mp). mw3 it just seems even worse...

also the more i read into this lag compensation crap..the more you have to wonder...what the hell were they thinking with the pc release...

i think only iw/cod series would die on the pc, most dev's still release decent games with follow up patches/etc...

whats sad is how all of these can be just fixed very easily...its not like the engine is ground breaking...its basically cod4 with a reskin/more brown...

This guy..just nails it...
Old 11-29-11, 08:42 AM   #245
six_storm

Quote:
i think only iw/cod series would die on the pc, most dev's still release decent games with follow up patches/etc...

whats sad is how all of these can be just fixed very easily...its not like the engine is ground breaking...its basically cod4 with a reskin/more brown...
You know, you are right about this. Devs probably won't stop making games for the PC platform, but rather they will continue to release extremely crappy quality ports/versions of popular games and expect or hope that the community will fix/complete them. That's garbage if you ask me. I'm paying these professional devs $60 a pop to make a complete game, not just half of it. And why should I have to wait on the community to make the fixes? I want a game that is pretty solid when I take it out of the box, not 10 patches later. What a joke. It seems most devs are following this trend too.

I hate to see so many people putting MW3 on the shelf because it's honestly the best out of the MW series IMO. Everything is very well balanced, the maps are actually pretty decent and the weapons are awesome. I'm having a blast playing online and with friends, good times. I might even actually get the paid Elite service to get the DLC next month.
Old 11-29-11, 09:30 AM   #246
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
It didnt always work fine for MW2. It was more like a hit or miss thing. Sometimes i get smooth gameplay, other times i get unbearable lag everyone in the server will whine and bitch about it until the end of the match. Definitely doesnt work as well as IW said it would, but thats expected right?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 09:40 AM   #247
ViN86

Quote:

On consoles, you're right. On PC, you're completely wrong.

The requirements for PC's and consoles for online play vary by quite a bit. Consoles have fixed framerates, so standard rates and packet rates can be used for all systems. On PC, everyone's machine is different, so variable settings need to be used to maximize performance. Instead of offering these options, IW decided to penalize faster machines with artificial latency. Seriously, what the **** is this? The industry is actually going backwards.

With the current implementation of P2P, many connections don't have the bandwidth or reliability to satisfy this performance demand. Furthermore, their host selection algorithm is terrible. (I can go into depth if anyone wants)

All of this is compounded by the fact that a with an executable and open system, people can easily mess with the game. So hacked lobbies are a dime a dozen, and you end up entering some game (that IWnet threw you into) with some asshole who thinks it's funny to reset your stats.

The truth is, there is no room for P2P on PC when you have more than 4 people playing together. It makes sense for co-op or something, where you have 1 or 2 people using your connection. But 12 or 18 even, is just ridiculous. P2P has no business on PC.

Also, IW has to be one of the dumbest companies ever. To keep "control" over their system, they rely on their ****ty IWnet. Meanwhile, a year earlier, Treyarch secured Black Ops servers by restricting access to the server files. Also, Treyarch sold the rights to servers to GameServers. So they made money off their dedicated servers, while securing their platform. Instead, IW releases an insecure network and releases the dedicated server files so people can modify the hell out of them.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 12:33 PM   #248
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
On consoles, you're right. On PC, you're completely wrong.
I beg to differ. I've got MW2 and BlackOps on PC, I rarely remember ever having connection issues on MW2, BlackOps was much worse in comparison; I got more "Connection Interruption" errors in BO than MW2. Again, this was just my experience.

Quote:
The requirements for PC's and consoles for online play vary by quite a bit. Consoles have fixed framerates, so standard rates and packet rates can be used for all systems. On PC, everyone's machine is different, so variable settings need to be used to maximize performance. Instead of offering these options, IW decided to penalize faster machines with artificial latency. Seriously, what the **** is this? The industry is actually going backwards.
I agree with the bolded statement. Software devs are screwing the PC gamers over tenfold and I had enough of it two months ago.

Quote:
The truth is, there is no room for P2P on PC when you have more than 4 people playing together. It makes sense for co-op or something, where you have 1 or 2 people using your connection. But 12 or 18 even, is just ridiculous. P2P has no business on PC.
Fair enough. I just look at the simple connection quality of P2P in the MW games and it has worked just fine for me on the PC, not perfect but it works.

Quote:
Also, IW has to be one of the dumbest companies ever. To keep "control" over their system, they rely on their ****ty IWnet. Meanwhile, a year earlier, Treyarch secured Black Ops servers by restricting access to the server files. Also, Treyarch sold the rights to servers to GameServers. So they made money off their dedicated servers, while securing their platform. Instead, IW releases an insecure network and releases the dedicated server files so people can modify the hell out of them.
At the end of the day, they still made a killing on the MW series and that's all they care about. Still sucks to see you guys putting this game on the shelf though.

Old 11-29-11, 12:58 PM   #249
Logical

Anti-lag is the biggest issue with MW3 both P2P and dedicated servers. If a player is seen to have a better connection or GPU usage is high the server will actually add lag compensation to the player to make him have less of an advantage. Good for public but absolutly dire for competitive matches.... Fortunately there are a few Cvar commands that soften the lag compensation but it involves lowering visual settings via cfg which most of you graphic whores would hate to do lol

I'm having a blast with MW3 at this time, competitive matches can get very intense in SnD gametype and learning new strats, roles for a new game is always fun. Adding servers to steam is effortless and with the ladder that i play in the rules are strict in regards to hacking... UAC3 on, Demo's on and of course VAC on.

Playing MW3 with the rulset supplied by the league just goes to show how good a game can be when they have taken out all the junk that public players like....

No killstreaks, no deathstreaks, no perks, no attachments....1 scope per team and 2 smg per team limits.

Assault rifles:
M4A1
M16A4
SCAR-L
AK-47

Submachine guns:
MP5
UMP45

Sniper rifles:
L118A (max 1 per team, no pick ups allowed)
Snipers are not allowed in 2on2 matches

Shotguns:
SPAS-12

Secondary weapons:
USP 45
Desert Eagle
.44 Magnum

Tactical:
Flash or smoke

Once again it has been down to the community to turn a ok game into a pretty good e-sports game. This is nothing new and the same has been done for ALL CoDs before it, just this time it gets harder to do because of the restrictions and lack of support from the dev such as mod tool releases etc.

I still would never play a FPS game on console, it is sacrilige after playing with M&K for so long, i also do believe that although the PC version is restricted in terms of what a PC game should offer, it still looks better, performs better and is more enjoyable to play than the console counterpart... Just my opinion of course as i have MW3 for both PC and 360 and have clocked about 10 mins on the 360 version and over 100 hours on the PC version.

BTW CoD4 is still the best CoD imo...PC version of course
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 01:10 PM   #250
ViN86

Quote:
I beg to differ. I've got MW2 and BlackOps on PC, I rarely remember ever having connection issues on MW2, BlackOps was much worse in comparison; I got more "Connection Interruption" errors in BO than MW2. Again, this was just my experience.
Depends on when. Black Ops sucked at launch, but after a few patches, it's actually a nicely polished game.

Quote:
I agree with the bolded statement. Software devs are screwing the PC gamers over tenfold and I had enough of it two months ago.

Fair enough. I just look at the simple connection quality of P2P in the MW games and it has worked just fine for me on the PC, not perfect but it works.
My point was it's just lazy. The only reason it was in MW3 was because it was in MW2.

Let's be honest, MW3 IS MW2.1. The devs put absolutely zero time into the game. They tweaked a few minor things, changed menus around, made a bunch of maps from previous maps (seriously, the maps are cut/paste versions of COD4/MW2 maps), and called it a day.

Quote:
At the end of the day, they still made a killing on the MW series and that's all they care about. Still sucks to see you guys putting this game on the shelf though.
Yup. I can't fault them for it, although it is annoying.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 04:53 AM   #251
K007

@RangerXML Thanks for the link Dorian. I'm receiving quite a few remarks regarding the FOV on PC.I'll have a meeting with the engineer team"

https://twitter.com/#!/GuyBeahm/stat...69012258111488
Old 12-01-11, 07:30 AM   #252
Logical

Quote:
@RangerXML Thanks for the link Dorian. I'm receiving quite a few remarks regarding the FOV on PC.I'll have a meeting with the engineer team"

https://twitter.com/#!/GuyBeahm/stat...69012258111488
Beat me to it...Just hope they react on it.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote