Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-12, 06:19 AM   #325
rudedog
Not so Rude

Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

PC DLC should be March.

Only Xbox 360 elite players get it first, then after an undisclosed time, PS3 elite players get DLC. Then it will be open to all platforms (not elite) in March.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 07:41 AM   #326
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
This is why i hate consoles. PC gamers get punished big time for the lack of features on the console.
PC Gamers are being punished due to lazy developers, not because of consoles. I know I'm a broken record here, but devs have the ability to make the PC version stellar and they choose not to. Unless someone comes out with an online friendly hack for FOV, you will never get the fix you want. Troof.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 08:59 AM   #327
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
PC Gamers are being punished due to lazy developers, not because of consoles. I know I'm a broken record here, but devs have the ability to make the PC version stellar and they choose not to. Unless someone comes out with an online friendly hack for FOV, you will never get the fix you want. Troof.
You make it sound as though the PC versions are not as good as the console counterpart when in fact they are usually as good if not better. MW3 is no exception...It looks better on PC and plays better on PC. Of course it sells more on console (before the war cries of sales begin)...A console costs a quarter of the price of a decent gaming PC and as a result many kids get them for birthdays and christmas presents.

Fact is console gamers are easily pleased, MW3 is every bit as bad on console as it is on PC and the fact you have to use analogue controller and have no choice but to put up with laggy (lag compensation) P2P lobbys just makes it worse... Console gamers are happy with that PC gamers are not because we know we should be getting better quality products that make use of PC features instead of trying to make us game like console players.....

When i play my xbox from my computer monitor the FOV is exactly the same on console as it is on PC, the graphics look slightly worse (lower res textures, obviously lower resolution and a slower framerate)...Why would i choose to play it on xbox instead of my PC ?

Also lazy developing doesn't come into it, its all about money and standardising the game they release...The PS3 version should look more steller than the xbox version because of better hardware....but it doesn't.

MW3 sucks as a game, not because of the platform its released on but because the game brings nothing new to the table and is a backwards step in the Call of Duty series...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 10:28 AM   #328
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
huge unneeded rant
Whoa whoa whoa. You totally misread what I'm saying.

It's a fact that software developers can do anything they WANT to with their games, correct? They could have allowed more options like FOV to be available for the PC version and other various tweaks but they chose not to; maybe it would've taken them an extra week to make those extra settings available? I blame laziness on the devs. COD Devs obviously focused on the console versions and created a great game IMO (Don't care about FOV and stuff), but I can 100% see how PC gamers got screwed on this title. Heck, IMO, PC gamers get screwed on almost every game in the same way.

My main point is that the devs could've made anything they wanted and this is the path they chose. They could have made the PC version actually worth purchasing over the console version, but they did not. Sure money is a huge part of this but that's just business and we know where that conversation goes here at NVNews (more Pc vs. Console blah blah).

I'm still playing MW3 often and I'm having a blast with it. It's either you like it or you don't.
Old 01-16-12, 10:48 AM   #329
Logical

I can agree with what your saying but the option of no FOV isn't something that should have been 'put' into the game...It's something they should have 'left' in the game. They locked the CVAR, there is no excuse for that...It isn't laziness it's just one in the eye for PC gamers because they know piracy is higher on PC than any other platform...Robert Bowling near enough confirmed this but in his words 'Piracy is the reason PC gamers get shafted'.

I'm not ranting im just trying to make my point, the standardisation of games across all formats is what effects PC gamers the most and untill the next gen consoles come out we have to cope with what look to be sloppy games for systems capable of so much more.

Some people are annoyed at this and rightly so they pay top money for all the latest CPU's and GPU's just for gaming yet are only given games that are capable of running max on systems 6-8 years old due to the limitations of consoles, i think that was what K007 was getting at. I'm not too bothered about it, i know eventually we will see nicer looking games but as it stands these days developers will not make games with the capabilities that the PC can offer only the systems that sell most games which is console. This is why we are seeing a standardisation across all platforms and it will be no different for next gen consoles/PC.
Old 01-16-12, 11:01 AM   #330
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I can agree with what your saying but the option of no FOV isn't something that should have been 'put' into the game...It's something they should have 'left' in the game. They locked the CVAR, there is no excuse for that...It isn't laziness it's just one in the eye for PC gamers because they know piracy is higher on PC than any other platform...Robert Bowling near enough confirmed this but in his words 'Piracy is the reason PC gamers get shafted'.
The whole piracy thing is hilarious. It's always going to happen, there's no stopping it.

Quote:
I'm not ranting im just trying to make my point, the standardisation of games across all formats is what effects PC gamers the most and untill the next gen consoles come out we have to cope with what look to be sloppy games for systems capable of so much more.

Some people are annoyed at this and rightly so they pay top money for all the latest CPU's and GPU's just for gaming yet are only given games that are capable of running max on systems 6-8 years old due to the limitations of consoles, i think that was what K007 was getting at. I'm not too bothered about it, i know eventually we will see nicer looking games but as it stands these days developers will not make games with the capabilities that the PC can offer only the systems that sell most games which is console. This is why we are seeing a standardisation across all platforms and it will be no different for next gen consoles/PC.
Devs follow the money and that's just the sad truth.
Old 01-16-12, 11:04 AM   #331
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
The whole piracy thing is hilarious. It's always going to happen, there's no stopping it.

Devs follow the money and that's just the sad truth.
Yea the piracy thing has been beaten to death... if they put out a good product it's been proven people that would buy it will buy it. Some people will pirate it but had no intention of buying it... you aren't losing a sale as they seem to think...

Devs are just in denial and won't accept a good game will sell just fine, look at Skyrim. Its not the pirates, it's your crappy game that is causing your sales to suck. /truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 12:33 PM   #332
Burnt_Ram

i haven't pirated a game in years but i wont be buying another cod title i can tell you that much! i've been thoroughly disapointed for the last time
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-12, 11:20 PM   #333
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Considering the scores on PC (79/100) and the general feedback the game is still doing fairly well in terms of player numbers. Typically half the player base of BF3 but it maintains those numbers. 2 months after launch and single player is still popular, most likely because of spec ops.
Old 01-17-12, 04:59 AM   #334
K007

mw3 sounds are so crap :/....
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 07:42 AM   #335
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post

mw3 sounds are so crap :/....
Meh, having fun in a game is more important than this.
Old 01-17-12, 10:43 AM   #336
Logical

Quote:
Meh, having fun in a game is more important than this.
Correct and BF3 triumphs in that department too. Seriously, MW3 is already dead to me...It got boring fast...run, gun and respawn over and over. Lag compensation is the worse thing to have ever graced an FPS game.

Im having much more fun now that i have seen the light and started to play BF3 instead of MW3, each round i play is different in respect to what tactics im gonna use.

Six_Storm, the EA/DICE devs had the option to make BF3 steller for the PC version...and they succeeded. It's 10x the game that MW3 is in every department...