Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-17-12, 12:35 PM   #337
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Correct and BF3 triumphs in that department too. Seriously, MW3 is already dead to me...It got boring fast...run, gun and respawn over and over. Lag compensation is the worse thing to have ever graced an FPS game.

Im having much more fun now that i have seen the light and started to play BF3 instead of MW3, each round i play is different in respect to what tactics im gonna use.

Six_Storm, the EA/DICE devs had the option to make BF3 steller for the PC version...and they succeeded. It's 10x the game that MW3 is in every department...
Different strokes. I agree that the graphics in BF3 is better than MW3; EA/Dice did what they were supposed to do and made a solid PC version that 1-ups the console versions. They made the right choice. But IW didn't make that choice for MW3, they didn't add the PC options and features like they should have.

I don't have much time anymore to sit down and game, so MW3 fits the bill perfectly for me. I can get 3 rounds completed in 20 minutes versus maybe half a round in BF3. Also I don't have the patience for BF anymore, I'd rather "run and gun" . . . and just have fun.

Just my opinion, I'm getting mah flamesuit on now.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 01:00 PM   #338
Logical

It's each to there own of course it is, but as you said, Dice went out of there way to make sure the PC version got the attention it should have and IW didn't. I am still eager to see what the next CoD title is going to be like as Treyarch can now level with PC players and give them almost what they want. As for IW...unless they do a major U-turn with how they handle the PC platform i will never buy from them again and pre-ordering is out of the question...I played Black-Ops publicly for 12 months, MW3 has lasted 3 months and MW2 lasted approx 1 month. You see the pattern here ? IW PC CoD's suck ass...since CoD4 of course.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 01:23 PM   #339
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Sadly... BF3 SP is boring as hell. COD MW3 still has a better SP campaign.

MP though it's BF3 all the way...and if you want a more "run and gun feel" play TDM in BF3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 02:49 PM   #340
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Different strokes. I agree that the graphics in BF3 is better than MW3; EA/Dice did what they were supposed to do and made a solid PC version that 1-ups the console versions. They made the right choice. But IW didn't make that choice for MW3, they didn't add the PC options and features like they should have.

I don't have much time anymore to sit down and game, so MW3 fits the bill perfectly for me. I can get 3 rounds completed in 20 minutes versus maybe half a round in BF3. Also I don't have the patience for BF anymore, I'd rather "run and gun" . . . and just have fun.

Just my opinion, I'm getting mah flamesuit on now.
Rush/TDM is what 'run and gun' mode is like, which is also what i like to do.

When you played BF3 for a week, then MW3 comes out..start to play it...the difference is day and night..in the sense that MW3 feels like a really poor quality mod.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-12, 03:06 PM   #341
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

but the season of content is coming for MW3! Buy elite and you get 9 months of stuff!
Old 01-18-12, 12:41 AM   #342
Greedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Rush/TDM is what 'run and gun' mode is like, which is also what i like to do.
+1

same here. you don't need to play 40 minute conquest rounds... TDM and rush are just as run and gun as MW3, if not more. i haven't played MW3 since i tried TDM on BF3 a few months ago.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 08:07 AM   #343
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
but the season of content is coming for MW3! Buy elite and you get 9 months of stuff!
No elite for PC and they are just some reworked maps from COD4 coming in the first pack. Nothing like charging customers twice for the same content. lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 11:27 AM   #344
Logical

The lag compensation is the game killer for me, FOV i can just about live with but would obviously preferred it to be adjustable. The amount of hackers on public, especially ground war, has now gone beyond silly... IWnet is as big as a fail on MW3 PC as it was on MW2 PC.

So glad we have the far superior BF3 to play on PC !
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-12, 04:49 PM   #345
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Uninstalled it, game is boring online. Brainless with so little change to previous in the series. Not many are playing the objective modes, most are playing FFA or TDM which gets old. Can't stand the rapid fire bs that seems central to the entire mw3 experience. Herpa derpas running around in small maps and just killing you by jumping around the corners. I really enjoyed cod4, mw2 and black ops online. MW2 had balance issues (noob tube among them) and black ops had nuketown but I got a good 60hrs out of each. With MW3 I couldn't even break 10hrs online.
Old 02-11-12, 10:58 PM   #346
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Lag is horrible in this game...again smaller maps/less hp/die instantly and imbalanced guns along with p2p...its more like a console arcade shooter than a fps game.
This is what killed the game for me. Even in dedicated servers, the lag "compensation" is on, and what results is a random game where you never know how many bullets it will take to kill someone. I've taken 15+ bullets before and lived, other times I've died from 3. Of course that's my viewpoint. The guy who killed me probably put 20 into me. The game is so poorly designed that the gameplay is different for everyone on the server.

It's completely random and totally ****ty. I miss Black Ops competitive play.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 10:35 AM   #347
ViN86

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 07:04 PM   #348
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

lol that bit at 1:45 is awesome. Shows him jumping and unloading for a few seconds, killcam shows him die as he jumps.