Old 02-16-12, 10:35 AM   #361
ViN86

Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Honestly I never even played it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 07:37 PM   #362
mojoman0

it says full game. dling now. maybe ill get to play enough without having to pay since i was planning on skipping anyways. these games are a joke now, no offense

i get 36mb down in my new apt
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 07:56 AM   #363
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

It's hilarious how you guys are blowing this up in proportion. "zOMG SP isn't 500 hours long! What a fail!" "P2P never works EVAR!!111"

COD:MW3 is a great game, both SP and MP, and MP works just fine. But then again, this is the PC version thread so I can't really . . . say . . . . much . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 09:39 AM   #364
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
console gamers are happy to eat turd..but us pc gamers don't like having turd showed up our throat.

developers need to stop treating a pc as a console.
The game isn't a turd, it's quite fun, but agree to disagree on that lol.

Don't expect any more PC love that what you have now from them (or most devs IMO) - It's only gonna get worse.
Old 02-17-12, 11:52 AM   #365
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
It's hilarious how you guys are blowing this up in proportion. "zOMG SP isn't 500 hours long! What a fail!" "P2P never works EVAR!!111"

COD:MW3 is a great game, both SP and MP, and MP works just fine. But then again, this is the PC version thread so I can't really . . . say . . . . much . .
No, you can't. There is no excuse for the poor hit registration and lag compensation on PC. Even the dedicated servers appear to have it enabled. It's terrible.

Now, in P2P, it's not that bad, but I play a lot on dedicated servers, and the connection is even random there. Sometimes it takes 4 bullets to the chest to put someone down, other times it takes 20. Also, the FOV still makes me dizzy. It looks like we will never get a fix for that.

On console, the "host balance" makes it beneficial to not be the host. The FOV is fine (as it's standard for consoles), but the net code in this game is just, well, the only word that comes to mind is bad.

Quote:
The game isn't a turd, it's quite fun, but agree to disagree on that lol.

Don't expect any more PC love that what you have now from them (or most devs IMO) - It's only gonna get worse.
Riiiight....

</discussion>
Old 02-17-12, 12:05 PM   #366
ViN86

Also there will be a new Medal of Honor release. If DICE learns from the mistakes they made with the first one, it could beat out COD on PC.

Then again I'm excited for Black Ops 2. It's ironic that Treyarch seems to be the only one that gets it on PC.
Old 02-17-12, 12:58 PM   #367
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:

I think the disappointment towards the cod series that is shared by a vast number of PC gamers has to do with the fact that taking into account that Cod4 was such an amazing creation (up there with Quake 3/UT/CS for best online mp?), and after that, the quality of experience that the PC gamers got accustomed to dropped. When MW2 came out, it offered a VASTLY different gaming experience from MW1, so in essence, they released a completely different game, that may have appealed to some, but really made others reject it. If we assume the first game in the series WAS MW2, and MW1 or W@W never existed, I don't think the hate would be as passionate.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 01:01 PM   #368
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
It is very hard to be a PC gamer in that you must expect 98% of the stuff available to be garbage; but once in a blue moon, amazing games like Dead Space, Ass Creed, Mass Errect, and of course BF come along and make the wait/pain completely worth it. For me anyways....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-12, 01:33 PM   #369
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post

Riiiight....

</discussion>
One game. Wow.

My point is that majority of games are being tailored for consoles, therefore you will see less and less love for PC gamers. Not dissin, jusssayin.
Old 02-17-12, 01:38 PM   #370
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I think the disappointment towards the cod series that is shared by a vast number of PC gamers has to do with the fact that taking into account that Cod4 was such an amazing creation (up there with Quake 3/UT/CS for best online mp?), and after that, the quality of experience that the PC gamers got accustomed to dropped. When MW2 came out, it offered a VASTLY different gaming experience from MW1, so in essence, they released a completely different game, that may have appealed to some, but really made others reject it. If we assume the first game in the series WAS MW2, and MW1 or W@W never existed, I don't think the hate would be as passionate.
This. That's what I've been saying and the expectations/quality are only going to go downhill.

Quote:
It is very hard to be a PC gamer in that you must expect 98% of the stuff available to be garbage; but once in a blue moon, amazing games like Dead Space, Ass Creed, Mass Errect, and of course BF come along and make the wait/pain completely worth it. For me anyways....
Only have one of those amazing games every blue moon sucks. It's rare for me to play a game for more than just a few months, and then have nothing new to play afterwards. You don't have to sacrifice this when you have a console though, which is something I love about it. I've missed out on a lot of cool games because I only gamed on my PC.
Old 02-17-12, 03:19 PM   #371
Logical

This offer of a lifetime (/Sarcasm) to try out MW3 is one of the fairest things IW have done for PC in a long time.. Now PC customers can try out this POS game and gloat to the ones that bought it on how glad they were not to buy it....

Mindless, skilless, run, gun and spawn, linear, repetitive, dated visuals, 402, overpriced, overhyped, overated, over consolised, hack infested, short lifespan, MW2 DLC, 360 spinning wanker scope shots, unrealistic, bad hit detection, lag compensation, BAD FOV, locked CVARS, crap sound, over powered weapons, unbalanced gameplay, bad spawn logic, not for competitive play and bettered every single possible way by BF3....Other than that its a decent game lol

Seriously, CoD's from IW have turned into a kiddies play pen...crawling with kiddies on live and crawling with hackers on PC. The game is abysmal and will be the last cod i purchase that is made by IW. CoD1, CoDuo, CoD2, CoD4 and BLOPS all better CoDs than MW3. This game is one of the biggest turds to come out of IW's ass....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 03:48 PM   #372
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I didn't think the SP was that good primarily because it's a carbon copy of the previous games. You might say that is by design but I say the design is lazy and non creative. The multiplayer has also barely changed, stripping a few things down from black ops if anything. Inconsistent netcode is my biggest beef, when it's good it's fine but it's not good enough often enough. It's clear that many PC gamers don't care though because the player counts (excluding this weekend) have been decent.

I also think if people stopped playing CoD games it would be a huge benefit to the industry overall, but it ain't gunna happen.