Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-11-11, 08:52 PM   #241
Rakeesh

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I HATE this game. I sat down ready to play all night then about 3 minutes into the game I began to get nauseated. It was horrible. It lasted all night. I could only play for a half an hour. The movement in this game makes me sick. Some games do this to me and I can't play them. I'll give it a go Saturday and hope it was just temporary.
The problem is this game is designed for consoles. From what I've read, it defaults to FOV 75 degrees, which is fine if you sit far away from the screen and twiddle your thumbs with a gay little controller. But if you use a mouse/keyboard, you probably sit close to the screen, and therefore would want a 90 degree FOV.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 08:56 PM   #242
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
The problem is this game is designed for consoles. From what I've read, it defaults to FOV 75 degrees, which is fine if you sit far away from the screen and twiddle your thumbs with a gay little controller. But if you use a mouse/keyboard, you probably sit close to the screen, and therefore would want a 90 degree FOV.
I think I'll have to play it in 3rd person then. I might have to play it on my son's xbox. It is coming from gamefly. I will play this game regardless so that might be my only option. My son can play it on steam. The wee bastard.

I've been watching my son play for a bit and it isn't as bad from further back as you said. Any way the game looks awesome and fun. I'm just skeerd to get back into it again. When I get vertigo it lasts for up to 6 hours. Damn I hate having had all those inner rear surgeries.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 09:08 PM   #243
K007

i got fov 80

also if u disable mouse accel/fps limit then game movement feels...sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

iPresentInterval=0
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 09:10 PM   #244
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I think I'll have to play it in 3rd person then. I might have to play it on my son's xbox. It is coming from gamefly. I will play this game regardless so that might be my only option. My son can play it on steam. The wee bastard.

I've been watching my son play for a bit and it isn't as bad from further back as you said. Any way the game looks awesome and fun. I'm just skeerd to get back into it again. When I get vertigo it lasts for up to 6 hours. Damn I hate having had all those inner rear surgeries.
You do realize, of course, that playing with a controller makes you gay.

But anyways I'm pretty sure you can set the FOV to 90 by fiddling with the INI files.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 09:23 PM   #245
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:

But anyways I'm pretty sure you can set the FOV to 90 by fiddling with the INI files.
Or just type fov 90 and ur done
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 09:55 PM   #246
ArrowMk84

Oh yeah! I'm loving this game. The graphics tweaks and the "sharpener" mod from Skyrim Nexus make this game look a lot better (still needs a texture mod, LOD needs to moved farther out, and for some reason water reflections still don't seem to be working). Voice acting and writing have been good so far, and the quests that I've done so far have been very well designed. And this is probably the first RPG I've played that has a crafting system I like!

You can tell this game inherited a lot of Oblivion's design, but it feels like it's a lot closer to Morrowind. Frankly, I think they got the balance between the two previous games just about right in this game. The games two big blemishes are the UI, which why functional is clunky on the PC, and the animations. The animations are Bethsoft's best yet, but they're still a long way from state of the art; still, taking out someone's knees with a greatsword is fun to watch.

Oh, and the elves. Those damn, snotty arrogant elves. I haven't killed any of them yet, but damn if I'm not tempted to go elf hunting.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 10:03 PM   #247
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkus View Post
Gotta say, I really like the melee combat in this game. I'm going the sword & board route right now and fighting undead. Blocking and slashing just feels right. Kudas, Bethesda!
Really? That's one of my least favorite things about the game. Melee combat is completely lifeless and awkward to me. Compared to a game like Dark Soul's it's downright pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
You can tell this game inherited a lot of Oblivion's design, but it feels like it's a lot closer to Morrowind.
I wish this game felt like Morrowind, but it's not even close. If feels exactly like Oblivion to me.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 10:20 PM   #248
K007

where is Riften?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-11, 10:35 PM   #249
datamage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
wow dude thanks heaps for that tip...i was wondering wtf the favourite thing was for... nice!

Also how do u turn 3rd person? is it better than oblivion/fallout3?...they both had some really lame 3rd person view
By default, it's the 'F' key. Or, you can just use your scroll wheel and zoom out of first person. I stick to 1st person, but the 3rd person view is much better here than in FO3/Oblivion.
datamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 11:40 PM   #250
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:

but it makes me feel pretty.

Yeah I was going to check out ini file mods.
Old 11-12-11, 12:02 AM   #251
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Some pitars!

This game is so amazing.

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 12:13 AM   #252
ElL33t
Brobama

heh, it was a easy fix. "setcamerafov XX" in the console. Game looks great a 90 imo. I'm going to see if I can handle it. The movement is still dizzying to me.