Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-12-11, 12:41 AM   #253
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I HATE this game. I sat down ready to play all night then about 3 minutes into the game I began to get nauseated. It was horrible. It lasted all night. I could only play for a half an hour. The movement in this game makes me sick. Some games do this to me and I can't play them. I'll give it a go Saturday and hope it was just temporary.
You were just overpowered by it's awesomeness.

I know exactly what you mean though, I started getting the same thing playing Modern Warfare 3 recently. For awhile it felt like I had been spinning round in circles on my chair, scared me. Only other time i've had it was playing an Xbox 360 on a small screen.

Anyone know where I can find a list of all the tweaks to set frame rate, disable vsync etc ?
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 12:44 AM   #254
ElL33t
Brobama

Nope! I can't play this game and it pisses me off. I HATE it when companies feel the need to shake the crap out of the camera and have head bobbing and zooming in and out. It messes with so many people. I wasted $65 on this POS game. What is worse is there is no recourse for me. I am just out the money because they had a hard-on for camera shaking. There was no need to make the movements the way they are. It is simply awful.

Vertigo is one of the worst feelings you can have an not be sick.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 12:58 AM   #255
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

i actually think a lot of the skyrim screenshots look better than the modified oblivion ones.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 01:00 AM   #256
Redeemed

Quote:
Nope! I can't play this game and it pisses me off. I HATE it when companies feel the need to shake the crap out of the camera and have head bobbing and zooming in and out. It messes with so many people. I wasted $65 on this POS game. What is worse is there is no recourse for me. I am just out the money because they had a hard-on for camera shaking. There was no need to make the movements the way they are. It is simply awful.

This may seem an extreme solution, and it may not even work. But you seem really bothered about not being able to play this game- and rightly so. You spent your hard earned money on it, and were likely really looking forward to enjoying it.

As such, have you considered taking something like Dramamine while playing the game? I know it is mostly used for the likes of preventing sea sickness and I have no idea whether or not it'll work in this usage but maybe it could allow you to get your $65 worth out of this game.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 01:26 AM   #257
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:

Try hitting the console key, type FOV 90 and then see how it goes.

The bobbing stuff may not seem as bad up close with a decent FoV set.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 05:32 AM   #258
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Well just decided to dive in and buy Skyrim via Steam ... Downloading as i type(3.3MB/s)its not as big as i thought it was gonna be!

I held off because i haven't been able to get into a single player game for a long time now, I normally buy a game and jump straight into the multiplayer(Dead Island, MW3, BF3 to name a few)

After reading reviews and looking at videos this game look epic ... Looks like this could be the first single player game i have gotten into in a long, Long time.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 05:59 AM   #259
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i actually think a lot of the skyrim screenshots look better than the modified oblivion ones.
oblivion is from 2006, skyrim "should" look better than tarted up oblivion
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 06:49 AM   #260
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
This may seem an extreme solution, and it may not even work. But you seem really bothered about not being able to play this game- and rightly so. You spent your hard earned money on it, and were likely really looking forward to enjoying it.

As such, have you considered taking something like Dramamine while playing the game? I know it is mostly used for the likes of preventing sea sickness and I have no idea whether or not it'll work in this usage but maybe it could allow you to get your $65 worth out of this game.
Dramamine works.

Years ago I had a LAN setup and every weekend my friends and I would get together and do all nighters playing games. One of the guys got sick every time we played, so I got him the patches you put behind your ear and he would use them for our parties. He never got sick again.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-11, 06:52 AM   #261
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
HOT DAWG! Just learned that through a deal at work I can get this for free! zOMG!!!!!! *shrieks like a giddy high-school cheerleader*

Just gotta' shoot Bethesda a copy of my pay stub and I can haz!

*does happy dance*
You should just give me your copy. You clearly don't need it. I'll give you 30 bucks, broseph. DO IT!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 07:08 AM   #262
wysiwyg

i killed a goat and i started walking and running at supersonic speed
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 07:16 AM   #263
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Well got the game installed, Only played a couple of mins so far but seems really good, Kept me interested the whole time. Think im gonna enjoy this.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 07:23 AM   #264
skank
Smeg Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
So I just popped out to Tesco 24 hour store for BF3 and seen Skyrim on the shelf. I couldn't resist and brought it, 10 cheaper as well.
Bought.