Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-11, 07:32 PM   #337
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

If my character was better at bartering, she'd hang up her sword and be a smith. The stuff you can make and grading with smithing beats anything you can by from the vendors, not mention the costs are usually much lower.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 08:33 PM   #338
Sean_W

Riften is really nice. I like how you get can on a horse and cart and the guy will take you to any town you want, at a price.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 08:47 PM   #339
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
i thought it was the adoring fan from Oblivion-

I HATE HIS VOICE. He is EVERY WHERE in that game. At least they used 70 different people this time so the redundant voices are rare to hear.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 10:18 PM   #340
ArrowMk84

The new ebony armor design sucks. It doesn't look that much different from steel plate, but black. I loved the black and gold design and open helmets from Oblivion. Guess I'll be looking for a mod for that.

And I've got to go on business travel this week, so no more Skyrim till Friday. Crap...
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 11:40 PM   #341
jkmetal

The elder scrolls. My favorite games series going on seven years. I ve probably spent upward of 700 hours of my life in the worlds that bethesa has created. I ve given skyrim 4 hours of my life. I haven't even found the surface to scratch. What I have found though is brilliance.

The world is believable as it is rich and stunning in ways that neither oblivion or morrowind are. It seems like beth took the best parts of oblivion and morrowind, tossed those parts into a blender and polished what came out.

I d write more but Skyrim is calling me again....
Old 11-14-11, 12:43 AM   #342
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

Love love LOVE this game. Love it!

That having been said, I have a few questions. (warning, possible spoilers)

1. Who keeps the torches and braziers lit in dungeons that only have monsters in them?
2. Why does the Whiterun stable have only 1 horse?
3. Why doesn't food go bad? Find a hunk of cheese in an ancient barrel? Yummm!
4. Why are chickens immovable objects? Try walking over a chicken that is lying down. You can't.
5. Why don't corpses ever decay? Kill something and it will stay there on the ground. Forever. And ever.
6. What is the little girl doing running around Whiterun at 2am? Up to no good, I'm sure...
7. When I turn from a werewolf back into human form, why am I wearing underwear?
8. Why are there shadows at night when the moon isn't out?
9. Are guards all clones of each other?
10. Why don't I get burned when I stand in a fire?

More questions to come, I'm sure...
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 01:06 AM   #343
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

this game is full of inperfections/bugs/issues, but that normal this is bethesda game.

11. why do i find a modern gear when i open acient chest in ancient nord dungeon.
12. why are dragons so easy to kill
13. why id software didn't help with the animations
14. do guards have x-ray vision and can see when i steal a loaf of bread inside a house and they are standing houses down the street
15. how do guards recognize you when you have a full head covered by a helmet
16. why do to rival cities have same excact guards
Old 11-14-11, 01:37 AM   #344
Sean_W

I still like Arcania Gothic 4 better in some ways. Love the inventory system in Gothic 4 and the game just looks awesome. Playing Skyrim, The Witcher 2 and Gothic 4 again LOL.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-11, 09:21 AM   #345
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

This game is awesome!

Right now I'm playing a Light Armor wearing Illusionist Spellsword type of character. I use Illusion spells on my enemies and then use Conjuration to make dual summoned blades (which look really cool btw). After that it's just a matter of hacking and stabbing them until they're good and dead.

I have just enough Conjuration perks to make my conjured weapons better and then I went full Illusion and One Handed/Light Armor and Enchanting. With a tiny bit of restoration in case the **** hits the fan :P

The attack speed boost perks and dual wield perks are awesome.

I can do things like use Courage on my NPC Follower, or Fear enemies to thin out larger groups.

Also Invisible = Best spell ever, kind of took awhile to obtain it though!

Take all of my items away, and throw me in prison. I'll summon my blades and still be able to shank my fellow inmates without issue!
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 10:47 AM   #346
Phyre

Been having an issue where after about 2 hours of playtime, I get a crash to desktop. Looks like I might have to change the sound stuff and see if that works. Beyond that, I'll have to roll back some of the changes I made based on this thread in the .ini file. May check the install via Steam and see if everything is up to snuff with the files.

The crash has been happening when exiting buildings or after a fast travel. Sometimes it's just out of the blue, but it seems to happen more frequently after a building exit or fast travel.

I do get the issue some have mentioned with the missing textures, i.e. purplish 3D object. I'm thinking this may be related to the crashes; I'm not real sure yet.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 10:57 AM   #347
TheANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre View Post
Been having an issue where after about 2 hours of playtime, I get a crash to desktop. Looks like I might have to change the sound stuff and see if that works. Beyond that, I'll have to roll back some of the changes I made based on this thread in the .ini file. May check the install via Steam and see if everything is up to snuff with the files.

The crash has been happening when exiting buildings or after a fast travel. Sometimes it's just out of the blue, but it seems to happen more frequently after a building exit or fast travel.

I do get the issue some have mentioned with the missing textures, i.e. purplish 3D object. I'm thinking this may be related to the crashes; I'm not real sure yet.
PCGamer

Fix common crash to desktop problem
Access the Sound menu from the Control panel. In the playback tab, right click on speakers and select properties. Select the advanced tab on the new screen and select 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) from the drop down menu. This fixed crashes for Owen last night.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 11:31 AM   #348
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
this game is full of inperfections/bugs/issues, but that normal this is bethesda game.

11. why do i find a modern gear when i open acient chest in ancient nord dungeon.
12. why are dragons so easy to kill
13. why id software didn't help with the animations
14. do guards have x-ray vision and can see when i steal a loaf of bread inside a house and they are standing houses down the street
15. how do guards recognize you when you have a full head covered by a helmet
16. why do to rival cities have same excact guards
Dragons range in difficulty depending on Size/Type/Name, my GF got slaughtered by a named one but killed "Dragons" easily.

As for stealing, you are doing it wrong. I have stolen plenty of things without a word from anyone about it. Hell I stole **** from the Jarl's Room while he was sleeping in his bed.