Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-07-11, 08:39 PM   #805
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoteware View Post
These look fantastic!!! Do you have a page on skyrim nexus yet? I would love to help test them out a bit and will endorse as well. How tough is normal mapping to do as only some of the texture mods/add ons have normal mapping and boy what a difference it makes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I assume you'll up them up at skyrim nexus as well?
Hey guys

Yep i'll throw them up on the Nexus i guess,as i said might take a week or 2 to make my way through the file that need tweaking,i'll start with the files in the root dungeons folder and work out from there,i dout i'll need to have them beta tested but if i do i'll be sure to ask here first

Heres a few more shots of some of the reworked textures i did this afternoon on my lunch break

The default normal/texture maps for the above mural sets are pretty shocking the top section of the pic above is at default,as you can see the compression errors in the normal map(blocking) is pretty bad,im not sure what DXTC tools beth is using but its time they updated them!

BTW Most of this stuff only takes me about 20mins or so a texture todo and TBH i think its total BS that Betasoft did make the core art should have been at this res or above to start with and batch dropped it in size for RRODBox/PS3,hell maybe they did and there saving it for a DLC for a bit more $$$.....

Whoot new patch lets see if 1.3 fixes any of my quest problems

Laters
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 09:28 PM   #806
K007

this 4gb offficial thing.....i hope its true
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 12:55 AM   #807
LurkerLito

Finally patched to the latest now that resistances were fixed. It seems to be working fine for me. There seems to be a slight increase in frame rate also (from 1.1). I can't say how much, but I do notice going around towns seems smoother to me.

Kind of weird though, I set skyrim to auto update, but it wouldn't lol. I restarted steam a couple of times to see if it would auto patch it but it never did. You'd think that within a minute or two you changed the setting from do not auto update, to auto update it would check to see if a patch was available but it doesn't. I had to run check integrity to patch.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 11:58 AM   #808
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey guys

Yep i'll throw them up on the Nexus i guess,as i said might take a week or 2 to make my way through the file that need tweaking,i'll start with the files in the root dungeons folder and work out from there,i dout i'll need to have them beta tested but if i do i'll be sure to ask here first

Heres a few more shots of some of the reworked textures i did this afternoon on my lunch break

The default normal/texture maps for the above mural sets are pretty shocking the top section of the pic above is at default,as you can see the compression errors in the normal map(blocking) is pretty bad,im not sure what DXTC tools beth is using but its time they updated them!

BTW Most of this stuff only takes me about 20mins or so a texture todo and TBH i think its total BS that Betasoft did make the core art should have been at this res or above to start with and batch dropped it in size for RRODBox/PS3,hell maybe they did and there saving it for a DLC for a bit more $$$.....

Whoot new patch lets see if 1.3 fixes any of my quest problems

Laters
Gizmo
Those cave wall textures look amazing man. so much more clarity. I want these ASAP!
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 12:10 PM   #809
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Let me guess, Surround fixes stopped working again?

At least they're making the 4GB fix official soon!
what? where did you hear that?
Old 12-08-11, 12:14 PM   #810
Phyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
what? where did you hear that?
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...-now-on-steam/

Quote:
Update 1.3 for Skyrim is now available on Steam and is being submitted to Sony and Microsoft. As soon as we have more information on the update hitting PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we'll let everyone know. Below are the release notes for the update:

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

We’re also planning on rolling out support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware) next week for our PC users. Stay tuned!
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 01:46 PM   #811
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Those cave wall textures look amazing man. so much more clarity. I want these ASAP!
Thanks man glad you like the look

Im going to package up a WIP Beta set and throw them up on nexus later on tonight,i want to get them out to ppl but dont want the "when are you going to finish them" bitch fest that can come with releasing WIP stuff

I'll post a link once there up for download

Overall 1.3 seems a little better mouse control wise,im not seeing the input lag when it drops into the 40 like i did with 1.0 & 1.2,still i think its a bit slack that they have'nt fixed any major quest bugs as yet each day more are popping up,if they dont have time/man power to do it just get the CK out and other ppl will fix it like they did for the MW/OB/FO3 ect,i guess i can do some of the 100's of run & fetch quest i seem to have in my misc list!

Laters
steve
Old 12-09-11, 01:28 AM   #812
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I bumped up the difficulty to Expert and nothing really has changed so this is pretty much is still how all the dragon priest fights are going at this point. Lydia is dual wielding either a pair of dead dragon priest lightning staffs or a lighting and fire one. Me? I just sit there waiting to fire that final arrow death blow to fill my grand/black soul gems

The draguer death lords on the other hand...they use unrelenting force almost instantly when you get near them to melee so this is pretty much how all the death lord encounters go down

Lydia still knows what's up though.

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-11, 07:31 AM   #813
Muppet

I finally gave in and bought this today. Have installed and Surround is up and running. I have been to Nexus, but was wondering which mods are the best to install.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 08:26 AM   #814
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I finally gave in and bought this today. Have installed and Surround is up and running. I have been to Nexus, but was wondering which mods are the best to install.
Just a couple of what i use lol.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2146

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=711

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=141

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=116

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=436

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=238

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=607

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=849

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=85

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=603
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 11:17 AM   #815
omzig
Comfortably Numb

A WIP of my texture re-detail and re-work is up at nexus

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3147

Cheers
Gizmo
Old 12-09-11, 12:01 PM   #816
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
A WIP of my texture re-detail and re-work is up at nexus

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3147

Cheers
Gizmo
Sweet man, Tracking & downloading now.

Does this mod only change the dungeons textures?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote