Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-11, 11:46 PM   #1
MaXThReAT

Default MW3 Graphics Feedback Thread

I'm sorry but I wasn't done. I didn't write all this just to have the thread closed and forgotten. Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I also love how these trolls think you can only have 1 game or the other, why not have both ? i do and i enjoy them both, they are very different in terms of gameplay. So what the engine is old now...and ? The formula still works, they are giving people what they want and these people will still buy it. CoD has never been a spectators game so stop looking at visuals and comparing them to a game that is ground breaking in them terms...The gameplay is as its always been...frikkin awesome...so live with it or gtfo....

rant over
No sir. It is that GTFO talk that is the problem. People here in the PC forum would like to talk about the lack of innovation and visuals in modern PC games. Who here is the troll... exactly? The ones that would like to voice their opinions and views or the one telling everyone your opinion is wrong because it differs from my own. Six Storm made a good point, Viral makes a good point almost everyone else here makes a good point. Your first post was okay, I guess but it had absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about here. It's great that you enjoy the game, I don't doubt that many will. This thread was started to talk specifically about the graphics in this game on PC hence it being in the PC forum. So who here is really the troll? Why should this thread be closed again because you don't mind the graphics so everyone else should live with it or get the **** out. No sorry I will not get the **** out.

I'm disappointed in MW3. COD was founded on the PC. The PC gaming industry gave birth to COD, MOH, FarCry and the entire battlefield series. They are all very close to my heart as some of the best games that ever existed. I mean look at the what if Quake was made today. That's not funny it's a fact and it's sad. If it wasn't for the innovation of the PC COD would simply not be. There would be no COD, no Crysis, No Battlefield, maybe even no FPS games. Multi-player games where even founded on the PC and up until a few years ago it was unheard of to have a console MP game. What was the very first FPS game on consoles. Doom or unreal I think but I'm probably wrong. A keyboard and mouse seems to work much better than a game pad but people have learned to deal with. I have dealt with games that will not work with standard PC game pad because Microsoft wants to sell more 360 controllers. My point is FPS games where founded on the PC. Without continued innovation in the PC game market things are going to get stagnant very quick and there will be no more PC gaming. We are already seeing this. There has been virtually no reason to upgrade a GPU since this started... unless your running some incredible setup with a hug display or two or three of them and in 3D. If we want to see innovation and the pushing of the envelope again we must demand it!

I demand better & different game play, mass physics, high quality textures, good voice acting and writing. I demand better graphics and puzzles.
I ask the developers and publishers, who is up to the task?
Who will start a new COD or a new FarCry?
Will we ever advance back to RB6 strategy or quake/Decent level depth?
Will there ever be another Mech Warrior game worthy of the title.
What is to come after first person shooters...Something that's for sure but it's not whats going on right now.

I asked that the other thread not be closed. I'm seriously about to leave this forum and never come back and you can all watch the site die as threads are closed and discussions shut off. Just go ahead and rename the site before it's really gone. Nvidia means nothing to anyone anymore!
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
Old 11-09-11, 12:30 AM   #2
Redeemed

Default Re: MW3 Graphics Feedback Thread

Considering how shortlived this thread is bound to be... I feel inclined to contribute in a very thought provoking way.

So, I present to you, my argument...

Old 11-09-11, 12:40 AM   #3
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

ed hard. quality post form the cowboy.
Old 11-09-11, 02:26 AM   #4
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
I'm sorry but I wasn't done. I didn't write all this just to have the thread closed and forgotten. Thread

No sir. It is that GTFO talk that is the problem. People here in the PC forum would like to talk about the lack of innovation and visuals in modern PC games. Who here is the troll... exactly? The ones that would like to voice their opinions and views or the one telling everyone your opinion is wrong because it differs from my own. Six Storm made a good point, Viral makes a good point almost everyone else here makes a good point. Your first post was okay, I guess but it had absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about here. It's great that you enjoy the game, I don't doubt that many will. This thread was started to talk specifically about the graphics in this game on PC hence it being in the PC forum. So who here is really the troll? Why should this thread be closed again because you don't mind the graphics so everyone else should live with it or get the **** out. No sorry I will not get the **** out.

I'm disappointed in MW3. COD was founded on the PC. The PC gaming industry gave birth to COD, MOH, FarCry and the entire battlefield series. They are all very close to my heart as some of the best games that ever existed. I mean look at the what if Quake was made today. That's not funny it's a fact and it's sad. If it wasn't for the innovation of the PC COD would simply not be. There would be no COD, no Crysis, No Battlefield, maybe even no FPS games. Multi-player games where even founded on the PC and up until a few years ago it was unheard of to have a console MP game. What was the very first FPS game on consoles. Doom or unreal I think but I'm probably wrong. A keyboard and mouse seems to work much better than a game pad but people have learned to deal with. I have dealt with games that will not work with standard PC game pad because Microsoft wants to sell more 360 controllers. My point is FPS games where founded on the PC. Without continued innovation in the PC game market things are going to get stagnant very quick and there will be no more PC gaming. We are already seeing this. There has been virtually no reason to upgrade a GPU since this started... unless your running some incredible setup with a hug display or two or three of them and in 3D. If we want to see innovation and the pushing of the envelope again we must demand it!

I demand better & different game play, mass physics, high quality textures, good voice acting and writing. I demand better graphics and puzzles.
What is to come after first person shooters...Something that's for sure but it's not whats going on right now.

I asked that the other thread not be closed. I'm seriously about to leave this forum and never come back and you can all watch the site die as threads are closed and discussions shut off. Just go ahead and rename the site before it's really gone. Nvidia means nothing to anyone anymore!
Man, whine like a little girl, all because some game isn't up to graphics standards that you couldn't run on your system anyway...
Old 11-09-11, 02:47 AM   #5
Pennyboy

Quote:

The graphics aren't that bad are they? i'm ok with it, sure its not up to BF3 standards but i'm enjoying the game, for me i'm just happy that they released it on the PC. I thought Far Cry was great until the crappy monsters then the game was terrible and as far as Quake or Descent goes they were pretty horrible games, well I didn't enjoy them. I see do see where your coming from but unfortunately the developers are going to make what sells and sometimes this comes at the cost of innovation. It would be great if the whole console thing never happened as i'm sure graphics in games would move a whole lot faster!
Don't get yourself too beat up over gaming, this time of year heaps of great games are out or coming out. To name a few, Diablo III, Skyrim, BF3, Batman Arkham City!!!!
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Old 11-09-11, 03:21 AM   #6
Logical

Quote:

GTFO

The original bait thread was created comparing the visuals of BF3 to MW3....The latter which has better visuals than quite a few other titles released this year....

Creating a thread that has been carried on from a closed thread is a bannable offence here. Hope an Admin see's fit to put you on vacation troll.
Old 11-09-11, 04:15 AM   #7
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Jeez, you are by far the most unpleasant and rude person on this forum. You ALWAYS try to stir things up, trolling every thread you can, do you get off on this or something ?

What's the point of posting crap like that ? I don't agree with a lot of opinions on this board but i and most other people don't feel the need to try and prevent people from having them like you do. What would these forums be without opinions, without discussion ? Every time you don't agree with someone or something you do **** like this, resort to insults and try to ridicule and belittle people.

It's getting old, please stop.
Nah. Your QQ input is noted though.
Old 11-09-11, 06:31 AM   #8
Logical

A few loud PC fanboi's aint gonna change jack ****. We all know where the CoD series, BF series, Far cry series etc started. Fact is developers develop to make money, not because they like doing it. Consoles outsell gaming PC's by a lot, it is obvious that developers that started off on the PC platform will move to those to make more money once they have there feet settled in the industry.

Crying about it won't help and fact is MW3 will outsell the original CoD1, CoD2 and even CoD4. So what do you want devs to do, just stop making games for Pc altogether? ha i dont think so. Too many times threads are started that are crying about facts we already know. Enjoy the ports or don't enjoy anything at all, it's as simple as that. Besides are they really that bad ? IMO MW3 has the best visuals in a CoD game to date although the PC version is lacklustre from what they could have done but IW stated before the release that all 3 platforms would be virtually the same. But guess what, people will still go out and buy it because the gameplay is immense in the traditional CoD style.

And Maxthreat...you need to get your head around what is bait and what is opinion. Starting a thread with a visual comparison of MW3 against what is possibly one of the best looking games on PC to date is bait and nothing less. As a PC gamer you should be ashamed of yourself in forgetting that gameplay is what matters most in a game, visuals are merely a bonus.

Old 11-09-11, 06:44 AM   #9
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

And since when is graphics so important ? Funny how Crysis had the best graphics even at launch yet everyone complaind how boring the gameplay was and the game was more or less a fancy tech demo..
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
Old 11-09-11, 07:25 AM   #10
rudedog
Not so Rude

So what does everyone do with all the hardware they buy for their PC's? This is a Nvidia Fan/community/support site.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
Old 11-09-11, 08:32 AM   #11
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
So what does everyone do with all the hardware they buy for their PC's? This is a Nvidia Fan/community/support site.

Yeah, right? What do we even bother building $3000 machine if it wasn't for visuals?

I did not have to upgrade my machine for the same reason; industry is the same it was in 2007. That's sad

Gaming is all about immersion. After all, I play games to get away from the real life and enjoy the immersive virtual world.

Wait till the next console release, PC will be up to date again.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
Old 11-09-11, 08:39 AM   #12
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha View Post
Yeah, right? What do we even bother building $3000 machine if it wasn't for visuals?

I did not have to upgrade my machine for the same reason; industry is the same it was in 2007. That's sad

Gaming is all about immersion. After all, I play games to get away from the real life and enjoy the immersive virtual world.

Wait till the next console release, PC will be up to date again.
Graphics are not what a video game is all about, let's just be realistic. It takes more than visuals to be immersed in a game. What about fun? What about controls and gameplay? Features? Sound and Audio? If video games were just visual benchmarks, what a dull industry that would be.

I seriously think that software devs are going to put less and less time and effort into PC gaming as time goes on, it's the sad truth. Consoles are becoming and will become the standard for gaming. Call it "consolitis" if you will but it is what it is. And sure, maybe PC will make a "comeback" but it will be short lived if anything.
Closed Thread