Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-31-12, 05:53 AM   #1
TpmKranz

Unhappy PC deadlock when running X for ~2 min after Debian/wheezy driver install

Hi there,
I'm new to Debian (and Linux in general) and just installed a basic Debian/stable distribution, upgraded it to wheezy and set up X with fluxbox as a window manager for using programs that have a GUI.
No problems so far. But after installing the proprietary nVidia driver as described here my PC deadlocks ([EDIT] screen turns black, PC becomes unresponsive) everytime I run X for approximately two minutes and only responds to holding down the power button until it shuts off. ([EDIT] /var/log/Xorg.0.log doesn't even show errors)
It is not even possible to connect via ssh and so my nvidia-bug-report.log.gz was created within the first two minutes after starting X.
Any help or further request concerning my problem would be very appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (41.2 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by TpmKranz; 05-31-12 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Forgot something
TpmKranz is offline   Reply With Quote