Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-11, 05:44 AM   #1
Rollo

Default Bulldozer CPUs and BSODs

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/2011/10...et-even-worse/

We knew about the issues they were having with cache sharing, apparently there are issues with cores locking up as well.

Perhaps a performance reducing patch (like with Phenom 1) is in the works, or perhaps a recall.

In any case, it bears mentioning so people buying AMD can shift their purchases to the last gen Phenom II products, or better yet, to superior intel SB CPUs.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 06:05 AM   #2
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Bulldozer CPUs and BSODs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
http://scalibq.wordpress.com/2011/10...et-even-worse/

We knew about the issues they were having with cache sharing, apparently there are issues with cores locking up as well.

Perhaps a performance reducing patch (like with Phenom 1) is in the works, or perhaps a recall.

In any case, it bears mentioning so people buying AMD can shift their purchases to the last gen Phenom II products, or better yet, to superior intel SB CPUs.
Yawn, no one cares about your viral marketing for NV rollo, no one bought a bulldozer anyway.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 06:29 AM   #3
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yawn, no one cares about your viral marketing for NV rollo, no one bought a bulldozer anyway.
Only you could call a post that not only doesn't mention NVIDIA, but has nothing to do with NVIDIA, "viral marketing for NV".

I guess when you can't disagree with the facts in a post, throw up a straw man and attack it, right NP?

Do you have some reason for not wanting people coming to CPU forums to be alerted to a bug with Bulldozer CPUs? Bulldozer FX8150s are sold out at newegg, do you think the people who bought them would have had they known about the BSODs they would be getting?

You should be thanking me for the public service- bringing timely, accurate information to a tech forum should only be welcomed.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 11-10-11, 12:12 PM   #4
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

You should be thanking me for the public service- bringing timely, accurate information to a tech forum should only be welcomed.
Code:
Posted on October 19, 2011 by Scali
Uh... It's old as ****. Everyone already knows of the issue. lol
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 12:28 PM   #5
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Code:
Posted on October 19, 2011 by Scali
Uh... It's old as ****. Everyone already knows of the issue. lol
Link to a thread on this forum about it?

Link to an article regarding a fix for it?

If you have neither, and Bulldozers are still for sale, this is good info to have out there on this forum.

I'm all about the helping Roadie. How terrible would it be if some poor noob spent spent the money he/she had been saving all year on a Bulldozer rig only to have it crash all the time during his favorite game, Shogun 2?

Rig 2:

Old 11-12-11, 07:59 AM   #6
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

Rollo, you're actually being helpful. Guys, leave him alone..."Now Skeeter, he ain't done nothin' wrong!"

If I hadn't stumbled across that info a while back, I would've used a Bulldozer in a client's rig (he *really* wanted 8 cores). Was gonna get him a Phenom II X4 instead, but at the last moment switched him to an i5 2500K that I certainly plan to "tweak" for him
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition @ 4.00GHz, 2.94GHz uncore| Corsair H60 | ASUS P6X58D-E | Zotac GTX 580 @ 872/1744/2145|Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB (Games/Steam)| Seagate 1.5TB (media/misc.) |Seagate 1 TB (OS/Main) | 24 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1.5V DDR3-1333 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD 202 Headset | Dual Gigabit Realtek LAN | Antec True Power Quattro 1200W | Acer G235Hbmbd 23" LCD Display | Logitech K320 Wireless Keyboard | Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote