Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-12-02, 04:45 PM   #25
ALobpreis

Quote:
2) Intel demonstrated a 4.6GHz at their conference. So is it possible that a 3.3GHz or 3.6GHz is really so far fetched to believe?
Just because there is or could be a P4 4GHz+ doesn't mean I have it! The same applies to Tom.

If Tom has the CPU, why would Intel send him a pic? And why would it be edited? If the chip exists, there's no need to edit anything! (ok, maybe some serial no. but nothing else)

Even maybe Tom had a P4 running at that speed, the benchies are logical, but making you think it's an official real CPU instead of just an overclocked one is not nice...
ALobpreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-02, 09:31 PM   #26
Cotita
Nvidia God

Tom has updated the article and post pictures of the real unlocked p4 processors used.

Of course he says nothing about why he used a fake p4 picture, only stating that they never said it was real.

It seems that every "major" review website is loosing credibility, Anandtech, hardocp, Vanshardware (+rip), and of course lets not forget the inquirer.
Old 09-12-02, 10:11 PM   #27
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

what has Anand done, musta missed something?
Old 09-12-02, 10:27 PM   #28
volt

Just like theinquirer hah
They all love the EDIT button.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-02, 12:36 AM   #29
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by d1rX
Just like theinquirer hah
They all love the EDIT button.
he didn't edit out anything. he just added an addendum to the end of the article. it even says on the added page that it was recently added. the picture in question is still in the article exactly where it was before.
Old 09-13-02, 02:19 AM   #30
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Good question, what has Anand done to lose credibility?
(sorry if I'm repeating you Matt, I just thought I'll make the question a little clearer)

AFAIK he/she has done nothing to destroy the sites reputation.
Old 09-13-02, 10:58 AM   #31
CainSyris
This is MY boomstick!

Want a laugh? And a laugh (or maybe at least a chuckle) related to this thread? Go here:

http://home.planetinternet.be/~bbaeyen2/thb/index.html

Got it off the unrealtournament2003.com forums. Heh. Be sure to check out the site's new name.

EDIT:

Probably my favorite part:

DVD Playback Performance

"Our next benchmark is new: it measures the DVD playback performance of the CPU's. On each machine we start an identical DVD (Lord of the Rings) and we measure how long it takes to play the entire DVD."

<chart>

"As you can see, the P4 is much better suited for this task. It finishes the playback a full 3 seconds faster than the poor 2970+ that really can't keep up. Where not too sure if this is a demonstration of the power Intel's SSE2, or because of the NetBurst architecture designed to accelerate multimedia performance. Another explication might be the faster tray that the AOpen DVD had on our P4 testbed compared to the LiteON DVD we used for the Barton."

Hehe... even making fun of Tom's somewhat shakey english... I have to wonder if this is Van!

Last edited by CainSyris; 09-13-02 at 11:03 AM.
CainSyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-02, 12:33 PM   #32
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

HAHAHA funny stuff!

Old 09-13-02, 09:24 PM   #33
Cotita
Nvidia God

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
what has Anand done, musta missed something?
most recently stating that the nv30 was taped out then 2 days later nvidia's CEO said it was not finished yet.
Old 09-13-02, 10:58 PM   #34
Matthyahuw

Quote:
Originally posted by Cotita
most recently stating that the nv30 was taped out then 2 days later nvidia's CEO said it was not finished yet.
I think that was just a mis-understanding on what taped-out meant...I took it to mean that there were working cards out there, not 10,000s, but more than just samples...
Old 09-13-02, 11:18 PM   #35
Cotita
Nvidia God

Anand made an article supposedly clarifying the whole "tapeout" issue. Bassically he said that the nv30 was finished and because of that, nvidia would be able to announce the card in october and release the card by december

the thing is that nvidia said 2 days later that the nv30 was not done yet when anand claimed it was.

you can check the article yourself and also the nvidia statement in nvnews