Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-06-11, 11:51 AM   #1
jhowland

Default FX 4800 running a slow refresh rate

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 with the most recent nvidia distributions. I have a Quadro FX 4800 installed, and I am using a single Asus VG236 stereo capable monitor. I am using the NVidia 3D Pro kit

for reference, nvidia-settings reports that I am running 260.19.06, with Linux x86_64.
nv-control version is 1.24

I don't seem able to get my system to run at better than 99.93 hz-thats how it boots, and thats how it stays. When I do stereo, this makes for some pretty rough flicker.

When I review the docs on the monitor and the graphics card, it all looks like I ought to be able to run at 120 Hz. But I can't seem to find a way to set things up to run that way. All of the available documentation appears to be for Windows.

By the way, I can dual boot into Windows 7, and run all the nvidia demos--it all looks fine. I haven't found a way to detect the refresh rate when in the stereo demos, but there is no discernible flicker.

Can anybody provide any pointers as to where to go to make things work better? Can I provide any more information that will help?

Thanks in Advance...
jhowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 01:32 AM   #2
sandipt
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: FX 4800 running a slow refresh rate

In nvidia-settings there is option to set monitor resolution manually to 120Hz.
sandipt is offline   Reply With Quote