Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-11, 03:43 AM   #61
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

uopt, you really need to give us the full specs of your computer, being a single core does not tell us much. I can only assume that if you are still rolling around with a p4, or worse, then your 3d and memory requirements will be to weak as well.

Funny thing is that while the video requirements for SWTOR are nothing special, because of the launch crowds, your going to need a fast computer for all the on screen players in noob lands.
__________________
_________________________________________________
Mobo: EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i sli, CPU: C2D Quad 6600, Video: EVGA GTX 460 1gb SC, Sound: X-fi gaming, Windows 7, Antec P180b,Thermalright Ultra-120 HSF, Antec TruPower TP3-650, 4 Gigs RAM
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 04:13 AM   #62
Smee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkus View Post
Installing it now from the 3 DVDs it came with. It has to install and then decompress all the files. 15 mins so far and I'm only on disk 2. Freakin' slow.....

WANT

TO

PLAY!!
Sent you a PM.. need to find out where the West Coast guys are playing.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 09:09 AM   #63
Yaboze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I think it requires dual core at least.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 09:27 AM   #64
uOpt
FreeBSD cheering section
 
uOpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 609
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
uopt, you really need to give us the full specs of your computer, being a single core does not tell us much. I can only assume that if you are still rolling around with a p4, or worse, then your 3d and memory requirements will be to weak as well.

Funny thing is that while the video requirements for SWTOR are nothing special, because of the launch crowds, your going to need a fast computer for all the on screen players in noob lands.
My windows gaming computer has a 3.1 GHz clocked CABNE Opteron. Since all other games that I play are single-threaded that served me very well and I don't plan to change it. I am confident that it will run TOR at an acceptable speed if I stay out of the crowds.

The question is will the engine refuse to even start? That is what I need to know, hence my simple question.

I seem to have to way of testing without forking over the money first.

560 Ti, 4 GB RAM, WinXP.
__________________

My Unix benchmark results
uOpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 09:31 AM   #65
Yaboze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I have to say (for me) it's been a pretty good launch. Although I had a 5 day head start, I'm progressing nicely and I'm almost done with Nar Shaddaa. I hit 23 last night. Tattooine is 24, but I'll probably stay where I am until I get everything done.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 10:37 AM   #66
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
My windows gaming computer has a 3.1 GHz clocked CABNE Opteron. Since all other games that I play are single-threaded that served me very well and I don't plan to change it. I am confident that it will run TOR at an acceptable speed if I stay out of the crowds.

The question is will the engine refuse to even start? That is what I need to know, hence my simple question.

I seem to have to way of testing without forking over the money first.

560 Ti, 4 GB RAM, WinXP.

My friends has a very low end PC, i forgot if he has dual core, I don't think so but dont quote me on it.

Everytime he launches TOR it says your PC does not meet the requirements to play, do you still want to go ahead? And he clicks yes, I think it asked him the first time and after that remembered.

He has to lower a lot of settings like no shadows and stuff and is playing it in 1680x1050 resolution

He said it works, sometimes gets some video lag here and there, but he is still having fun playing.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 10:38 AM   #67
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I have to say (for me) it's been a pretty good launch. Although I had a 5 day head start, I'm progressing nicely and I'm almost done with Nar Shaddaa. I hit 23 last night. Tattooine is 24, but I'll probably stay where I am until I get everything done.
I just hist level 16 last night, but been busy with crafting, even though you dont need to sit in town to do crafting, I still have to be careful since my companion is a healer, so if i do some big fight i need her.

I am having fun though and that is the most important thing!
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 02:50 PM   #68
uOpt
FreeBSD cheering section
 
uOpt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 609
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
Everytime he launches TOR it says your PC does not meet the requirements to play, do you still want to go ahead? And he clicks yes, I think it asked him the first time and after that remembered.
Thanks so much, that's what I needed to know. It'll let me try.

I'm perfectly willing to throw out a PC because it's too slow. But not because some game decides to know better without even trying.
__________________

My Unix benchmark results
uOpt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-11, 04:24 PM   #69
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I love the game but man! i can't stand the fact that healing class (Jedi Sage) gets only two healing skills even at lvl 20. And to top it off the casting time of those are over 1sec long..

WTH man how the hell am i supposed to keep a full group up with just 2 healing skills and over 1 sec long casting time. 1st one is 1.5 sec and the 2nd skill is 2.5sec.. WTFFFFFF....


Hope they fix this in a patch. SOON!!!
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 04:46 PM   #70
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha View Post
I love the game but man! i can't stand the fact that healing class (Jedi Sage) gets only two healing skills even at lvl 20. And to top it off the casting time of those are over 1sec long..

WTH man how the hell am i supposed to keep a full group up with just 2 healing skills and over 1 sec long casting time. 1st one is 1.5 sec and the 2nd skill is 2.5sec.. WTFFFFFF....


Hope they fix this in a patch. SOON!!!

I haven't done much healing, I am playing a Bounty Hunter - Mercenary, but mostly been focused on DPS. I know I have 2 heals right now that sound very similar. But what I know is if i were to choose the talent tree for healing there are certain skills that will reduce how long it takes to heal, and other bonuses.

Right now I am using my lvl 10 companion I got to heal me..so I never worry about healing, I love Bounty Hunters!!!
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 05:49 PM   #71
Maverick123w
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Had to work a lot lately but just about 28 now. I have to say the trooper may just be the most fun I've ever had in an mmo.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 10:06 AM   #72
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I hit level 17 last night..but more important..I got my ship!

The cool thing is I can send my droid now to do crafting while keeping my companion with me at all times.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.