Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-11, 09:09 AM   #85
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I hit level 29, and loved the planet Tatooine.

Now I see why they put speeders in, can't imagine doing that planet without one.

Still having ton of fun, and can't wait to get home and play
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 09:16 AM   #86
Yaboze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Nice, I just hit 30 and I'm on Alderaan. It's a really nice place, very well done and HUGE.

The speeders definitely help, but they feel a bit too slow still.

One thing that is annoying me is in the class quests, I'm seeing more and more bad-ass elites being put in. These are primarily solo instances you go in and some of these bosses are rough. The one I just did last night had several elites in the cave blocking the path I needed to get the end. I couldn't even stealth past them. I can understand elites for Heroic 2 content or other group content, but not for solo minded class quests.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 09:56 AM   #87
ElL33t
Brobama
 
ElL33t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 805
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

The community in SWTOR is horrible. It is the exact same as WoW. I was in a flashpoint I had never been in last night. The boss has an add that targets on person but it moves very slowly. It targeted me so I backed up but didn't realize there was a zone line so it reset the boss. It targeted me the second time and I did the same thing, then I caught on. Just then the whole group was saying how terrible I am and I'm an idiot. At most I wasted 30 seconds of life from these little girls. I said calm down and stop crying over nothing. I hadn't been in here for and I didn't know. They said then I shouldn't be in there. It was a very easy flash point but people are insecure and have to put down other people over a game. So I was told to go back to WoW where it is safe for me.... as if SWTOR is a hard game. I've soled it all thus far. It's just pathetic how people have become in games. They get even worse when you laugh at them for being little girls and you don't care about their insults.

So yeah, the community is pathetic in SWTOR already. Next we will have number crunching twits who only let you in their group if you have a certain gear score. In fact one guy in my guild says fun= top dps and high gear score. It is that childish mentality that makes me want to not play these games.
__________________
OBAMA 2012
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 10:10 AM   #88
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Nice, I just hit 30 and I'm on Alderaan. It's a really nice place, very well done and HUGE.

The speeders definitely help, but they feel a bit too slow still.

One thing that is annoying me is in the class quests, I'm seeing more and more bad-ass elites being put in. These are primarily solo instances you go in and some of these bosses are rough. The one I just did last night had several elites in the cave blocking the path I needed to get the end. I couldn't even stealth past them. I can understand elites for Heroic 2 content or other group content, but not for solo minded class quests.
I have noticed that as well, but as long as I am using Mako my healing companion as a mercenary, I have no problems at all taking them down. Though I don't remember seeing 2 elites in one group. I have seen an elite with 2 normal mos with them. So usually I take out the normal mobs really fast with an AOE, and then concentrate on the elite.


Yeah I see we get faster speeders at level 40 and 50, I picked up the schematic for the level 40 last night for I think 1500, be a lot cheaper then buying especially since I went cybertech
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 10:13 AM   #89
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
The community in SWTOR is horrible. It is the exact same as WoW. I was in a flashpoint I had never been in last night. The boss has an add that targets on person but it moves very slowly. It targeted me so I backed up but didn't realize there was a zone line so it reset the boss. It targeted me the second time and I did the same thing, then I caught on. Just then the whole group was saying how terrible I am and I'm an idiot. At most I wasted 30 seconds of life from these little girls. I said calm down and stop crying over nothing. I hadn't been in here for and I didn't know. They said then I shouldn't be in there. It was a very easy flash point but people are insecure and have to put down other people over a game. So I was told to go back to WoW where it is safe for me.... as if SWTOR is a hard game. I've soled it all thus far. It's just pathetic how people have become in games. They get even worse when you laugh at them for being little girls and you don't care about their insults.

So yeah, the community is pathetic in SWTOR already. Next we will have number crunching twits who only let you in their group if you have a certain gear score. In fact one guy in my guild says fun= top dps and high gear score. It is that childish mentality that makes me want to not play these games.

So far I have to say the chats are a lot more mature then I seen in any other game which is surprising. Once in a while I see a WoW vs SWTOR, but for the most part I see people are extremely helpful, especially when people ask general questions in chat.

I have been on a few groups, and for the most part they were overall good experiences, but to be honest I have done 60% solo, and 30% when I group with some friends of mine, so have not done too much PUG.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 10:46 AM   #90
ElL33t
Brobama
 
ElL33t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 805
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Well it is always the pugs that are bad. Still the general chat which I laugh at is near WoW level of stupidity.
__________________
OBAMA 2012
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 06:00 PM   #91
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
Well it is always the pugs that are bad. Still the general chat which I laugh at is near WoW level of stupidity.
So far on The Ebon Hawk the Empire is pretty cool. Occasionally you will get the random idiot in chat, but it's nothing like it was in WoW. Even on the Republic side of things, which is surprisingly worse, it's not close to the stupidity of what I remember from playing WoW.

The only issues I've run into while running Flashpoints is that people are so used to just grouping, killing the final boss and leaving that they drop the group without actually finishing the story which means less social points for the rest of us.


Overall I'm still having a blast. Sitting at 33 on my BH, finished chapter 1 and got my Legacy title, and am going to play a couple other characters for a bit for a change of pace. I'm loving that I don't feel the need to rush to the end, and that the fun actually starts at level 1, unlike other MMO's these days.

Edit: If you want to see world class WoW syndrome visit the ToR forums. Good grief, what a cesspool. Just went for my first visit since release and won't be visiting again. It's like every moron and baby on the planet decided to visit the same place at one time.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 01:46 AM   #92
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
So far on The Ebon Hawk the Empire is pretty cool. Occasionally you will get the random idiot in chat, but it's nothing like it was in WoW. Even on the Republic side of things, which is surprisingly worse, it's not close to the stupidity of what I remember from playing WoW.

The only issues I've run into while running Flashpoints is that people are so used to just grouping, killing the final boss and leaving that they drop the group without actually finishing the story which means less social points for the rest of us.


Overall I'm still having a blast. Sitting at 33 on my BH, finished chapter 1 and got my Legacy title, and am going to play a couple other characters for a bit for a change of pace. I'm loving that I don't feel the need to rush to the end, and that the fun actually starts at level 1, unlike other MMO's these days.

Edit: If you want to see world class WoW syndrome visit the ToR forums. Good grief, what a cesspool. Just went for my first visit since release and won't be visiting again. It's like every moron and baby on the planet decided to visit the same place at one time.

Yeah I am rather impressed with general chat on my server though last two planets general chat has been very little, not much is happening, i guess as you get higher levels, people get in guilds and chat there for the most part.

Did you go merc or powertech? I went merc and starting to regret my choice, I am having fun but just spamming tracer missile over and over is kind of getting boring
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-11, 03:17 AM   #93
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post

Did you go merc or powertech? I went merc and starting to regret my choice, I am having fun but just spamming tracer missile over and over is kind of getting boring
I went Merc and for a couple of levels after getting tracer missles I was regretting it as well, because spamming it was the best dps in just about any situation. However, once you get up the skill tree a bit and get the upgraded Rail shot and Unload it starts getting better and soon after that, if you keep going up the tree, you will get Heatseeker missles to toss into your rotation as well.

Powertech dps is all up in your face melee range stuff and I wasn't too keen on that which made Merc the only real choice for me. Besides that they are adding in dual specs here soon and I want my off spec to be a healer, I'm not a huge tanking person. Of course, if one of the Legacy perks ends up making Transdoshan a playable race, I'll probably end up making a second BH anyway and it will be Powertech.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 05:15 PM   #94
gravioli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cosmopolis, WA
Posts: 276
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I've been playing a pyro powertech and really like it. I can also tank in a pinch by changing from combustable to ion cylinder. I find myself tanking more often than not when I need to finish some heroic missions. Might respec to full blown tank late in the game.
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate|Intel i7 2700K|Gigabyte Z68XP-3DP|16GB GeIL Enhance CORSA|EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti|OCZ Vertex2 120GB
gravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 05:28 PM   #95
Smee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
wish i could get on...so no chance australians can play this right?
An Aussie buddy of mine plays.. sure he just had a friend in the US purchase it for him.

I can ask him how he pulled it off next time I see him online.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 06:52 PM   #96
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I've purchased keys from sites like Offgamers, CJS Keys, and G2Play and never had an issue with any of them. Right now they are all three selling ToR keys so if you are looking to play from a place where you can't buy the game yet that would probably be your best bet. Or else find someone you trust to buy you a copy and give you the key.

There are already plenty of Aussies playing the game so once you have a copy you are good to go.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.