Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-12, 11:08 AM   #1
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

So I picked it up recently, and have to say Android 4 or ice cream sandwich, is just amazing.

So between the hardware in terms of beautiful screen, stock ICS, with no overlay, and getting updates on a regular basis, this is the best phone I think I ever had.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:11 AM   #2
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Yea my brother just got one. I think I'm going to get one later this year when my contract expires and the price drops.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:48 AM   #3
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Meh, Not excited about the Pentile Display and ****ty camera. The Galaxy S2 is such a better device other then the lower resolution screen. I'm excited for the Sony Ion though. It looks to be a beast of a device.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:12 PM   #4
Vardant
 
Vardant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: EU
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Sony is hopeless, Gingerbread? In 2012? Good luck...
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:22 PM   #5
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Sony is hopeless, Gingerbread? In 2012? Good luck...
All the phones announced to be releasing within the first two Quarters this year will be releasing with Gingerbread because Google made 4.0 exclusive to the Nexus for a period of time. Your argument is stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:39 PM   #6
arioch21
Vengeful Blades
 
arioch21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 444
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Im returning my Galaxy Nexus, I like ICS a lot but the phone itself is lacking, its not as fast as the GSII and the camera is pretty crappy, I use the camera a lot before, now I rarely use it because the pictures are just so bad.
__________________
Intel i7-950 @3.06GHz | G.Skill 12GB DDR3 1600 | ASUS Rampage III Formula | EVGA GTX580 SLI | COUGAR-CMX 1000W PSU | Cooler Master CM692 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
arioch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:43 PM   #7
Vardant
 
Vardant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: EU
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
All the phones announced to be releasing within the first two Quarters this year will be releasing with Gingerbread because Google made 4.0 exclusive to the Nexus for a period of time. Your argument is stupid.
It will come in 2-3 months, then you'll have to wait few more months for the update, so it could easily be half a year on Gingerbread, while older phones will have ICS already. Sony is also really slow with updates.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 01:03 PM   #8
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Meh, Not excited about the Pentile Display and ****ty camera. The Galaxy S2 is such a better device other then the lower resolution screen. I'm excited for the Sony Ion though. It looks to be a beast of a device.
Display is gorgeous not sure what you talking about? it HD resolution, I play movies all the time in HD and looks phenomenal. Also web browsing is the best I have ever seen in a phone. YOu have to experience it to see what I mean.

I will never ever get another Galaxy, I had the fascinate, and I hate touchwiz with a passion. It is like using an iphone, and while you can root and customize your rom, it never the same since samsung will not release the source for the drivers.


I prefer having total control of my phone and with stock ICS it flies, definitely the fastest phone I have ever used.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-12, 01:07 PM   #9
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
All the phones announced to be releasing within the first two Quarters this year will be releasing with Gingerbread because Google made 4.0 exclusive to the Nexus for a period of time. Your argument is stupid.
Android 4.0 is not exclusive to the Nexus. It just takes time for these manufacturers like HTC, and Samsung to learn how to put their horrible ugly overlays like Sense, Motoblur, and Touchwiz on the phone.

It open source you can download it right now

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html


Asus already pushed it out i thin yesterday to their Prime

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...today-ces2012/



Quote:
About a week ago, Asus gave word that the Transformer Prime would receive Google’s latest tasty treat on the 12th. In a surprise move, Asus started the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich roll-out today to lucky device owners worldwide!

Barring strange budget tablets that no one really wants, the Transformer Prime is now the first real tablet to be officially updated to Ice Cream Sandwich. Now this brings up the pressing question as to why the Motorola Xoom—a Google Experience Device and Google’s lead device for Android 3.0 Honeycomb—has not yet been updated. Shame on you, Motorola. Amazing job, Asus!

Now, however, is when the real fun begins. Sit back, grab a cold one, and watch in the Transformer Prime Development Forum as the inevitable flood of Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs appear. Go, go, go!
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 01:08 PM   #10
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
All the phones announced to be releasing within the first two Quarters this year will be releasing with Gingerbread because Google made 4.0 exclusive to the Nexus for a period of time. Your argument is stupid.
It is? Link? Also, the ICS source code was released.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 01:13 PM   #11
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
Im returning my Galaxy Nexus, I like ICS a lot but the phone itself is lacking, its not as fast as the GSII and the camera is pretty crappy, I use the camera a lot before, now I rarely use it because the pictures are just so bad.
I am not a big camera person..and really don't care about it in my phones.

To be honest i have not even used it, so no clue what the photos are like.

But from what I was reading some people were saying you need to focus first, there is some sort of trick to it.

If I get around to it will test it out and let you know.


EDIT: here is the thread I saw:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1438900

Might help you basically from what I understand it a software issue and until google fixes it, try this app instead, unfortunately it costs $3.95 form market.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 09:56 PM   #12
Buenamos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

I'm loving my Galaxy Nexus. The modding community is absolutely insane btw. I upgraded from my old droid and the only thing that made me keep that thing was the community constantly pushing out new roms. I've already gone through 5 or 6 different types of roms on this beast - it's just fun to mess around and personalize it.

Everyone who complains about the screen being a pentile screen just wants a reason to complain. Instead they should still view it as the most beautiful screen currently available on a phone.
__________________
Gaming PC: KOOLANCE PC3-410BK / SILVERSTONE ST70F 700W Modular / Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 / Swiftech Apogee GT Block /Asus P5Q Pro / 2x2gb 1066 G-Skill / EVGA GTX570 / 2 x Asus VH242 1080p monitors / Audigy Xi-Fi Platinum / Seagate 160gb HDD / Seagate 500gb HDD

Laptop: Inspiron 1520 15.4" LCD/ Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2ghz) / 2 gb RAM / 8600m GT / 80gb HDD / N Wireless / Blue Tooth

Media Center: AMD 4400+ / 2 gb OCZ Platinum / EVGA 9800gt / Audigty 2ZS / 42" LG 1080p 120hz / 3 x 1.5tb HDDs

Xbox 360 / Wii
Buenamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.