Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-27-12, 04:08 AM   #13
annawatson
*BANNED*

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus - Best phone ever!

As far as good camera-phones, MyTouch 4G Slide and any of the Galaxy S2 versions have great cameras.
annawatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 06:18 AM   #14
Logical

Im gonna wait for the new HTC phone with the Nvidia tegra cpu....shouldn't be long now...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 09:21 AM   #15
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

I returned my nexus, even with apps the camera was just lacking and I use it around the city a lot. Not to mention the camera app itself kept force closing after a while and wouldnt let any camera app work until I restarted the phone. Ill wait and see for something else, honestly think that ICS was the best thing about the phone besides the screen.
Old 01-27-12, 12:27 PM   #16
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Had the chance to try the Nexus the other day. First of all the form factor is way too big, it's just annoying.
But ICS is really nice. Its look and feel is a lot better than previous Android version! They're definitely starting to catch up to iOS with this version of Android.
LOL catch up. That's funny. iOS notifications are still the worst thing I've ever seen, even after they copied the Android pull down bar.

But to each their own.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 01:09 PM   #17
ViN86

Quote:
iOS Notification Center is the worst thing you've ever seen and yet you're using Android... Do you use your phone with your eyes closed?
Oh definitely. Isn't that how you're supposed to use it?

I may have gone overboard with "worst thing I've ever seen" statement, considering prior to iOS5, that was true, but I still prefer Android to iOS5 notification center.

I have an iPod touch so I get Google voice messages and schedule reminders. That's great I don't get a giant blue box over top of my text for notifications anymore, but I still find the Android notifications to be more informative (lists each notification and how many, etc.). Neither one has an intrusive notification system anymore.

Quote:
ICS is nice but their previous phone OS is just bad. I'm not sure if it's mostly because of the front ends, but the HTC and Samsung devices I've played around a bit so far seemed unpolished and not really fast to user input. Pure Android 2.x might be faster but it lacks in polish and user experience. ICS is different though. I'm really curious to see if HTC and Samsung manage to break that again with their horrible front ends
I'm using Gingerbread on a 2 year old Droid X. Still runs great, and I don't know what you mean by polish... it's informative and fast. Do you mean it's not pretty like Apple products?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 01:45 PM   #18
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Had the chance to try the Nexus the other day. First of all the form factor is way too big, it's just annoying.
But ICS is really nice. Its look and feel is a lot better than previous Android version! They're definitely starting to catch up to iOS with this version of Android.
Yeah, I guess a phone that isn't 50% bezel makes too much sense.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 09:38 PM   #19
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Oh definitely. Isn't that how you're supposed to use it?

I may have gone overboard with "worst thing I've ever seen" statement, considering prior to iOS5, that was true, but I still prefer Android to iOS5 notification center.

I have an iPod touch so I get Google voice messages and schedule reminders. That's great I don't get a giant blue box over top of my text for notifications anymore, but I still find the Android notifications to be more informative (lists each notification and how many, etc.). Neither one has an intrusive notification system anymore.

I'm using Gingerbread on a 2 year old Droid X. Still runs great, and I don't know what you mean by polish... it's informative and fast. Do you mean it's not pretty like Apple products?
It doesn't have polish if it doesn't have the same case after 6 generations of a phone.

I love the new Samsung commercials, they crack me up!

I still don't get what people keep saying that it isn't polished, or has stuttering, or isn't responsive to inputs. I don't have any of those, and I have used Android 2.0 (stuttered a bit), 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and all of them work flawlessly.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 11:35 PM   #20
Logical

Running Android HD revolution 2.3 with a 1.6ghz oc....It makes the IOS look like a geforce 4 mx 440 running crysis, against a GTX580...

Apple pffft dont make me arse wink...k thnx bye.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-12, 11:38 PM   #21
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Running Android HD revolution 2.3 with a 1.6ghz oc....It makes the IOS look like a geforce 4 mx 440 running crysis, against a GTX580...

Apple pffft dont make me arse wink...k thnx bye.
Hmmm...

*tries to grasp the logical concept of a winking arse*

*strokes beard*

Fascinating...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 12:43 AM   #22
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Dang!!!!!

1.6Ghz oc. You running a netbook, lol

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote