Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-03, 07:22 PM   #1
fingermouth
The Geforce FX Guy

Default Why are games delayed

why are games delayed? for example HL2 and doom 3. these games im sure are stiing in there collective warehouses waiting to be shipped to their sellers. I think game releases are based on hype and to market the sale. That is stupid, i think when a game is done and packaged it should go out for sale not sit in warehouses waiting to be shipped.
fingermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 07:32 PM   #2
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

I'd rather a game be delayed and finished then have a game be rushed and play like crap. (Pool of Radience anyone?)

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 09:00 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Why are games delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by fingermouth
why are games delayed? for example HL2 and doom 3. these games im sure are stiing in there collective warehouses waiting to be shipped to their sellers. I think game releases are based on hype and to market the sale. That is stupid, i think when a game is done and packaged it should go out for sale not sit in warehouses waiting to be shipped.
You have no idea what the status of these games are. I'm willing to bet there were some last minute technical issues that had to be resolved, whether they're GeForce FX related, who can say? But I know I'd rather have a game that was finished and wouldn't require extensive patching within days of release.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 10:54 PM   #4
fingermouth
The Geforce FX Guy

I agree totally about a game coming out buggy i wan't to play a game that is very stable and bug free but when they announce a release for a game they need to keep their word becuase what i think is they do that to kiss ass to video card makers or what doom 3 is doing just building desparation of fans like what soap tv shows do they build a want for it and make people wait so when time is right they all go crazy and buy the game it makes to game makers look good for example when Final fantacey came out it was moved back to different dates and when it came out people went nuts execpt me cuase i don't like role playing games anyway but made people go to the store and buy the game which made the maker of the game look good i thik some of these game date moves are to hype the title in adds or hype like when Quake 3 came out it was so hyped people went in a frenzey after this title. This isn't right if the game is good to go and stable enough let it to the public not get everyones hope up.
fingermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 11:01 PM   #5
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Periods! Where are they? I'm blinded.
Old 09-24-03, 11:02 PM   #6
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
A cookie for the Hidden Mod!
Old 09-24-03, 11:02 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Look away, quickly! Shield yourself from the poorly constructed, run-on sentence!
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 11:38 PM   #8
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Hello my good man.

Well, first of all, Doom3 isnt delayed, they never commited on a date.

Why they are delayed, because they simply are not done heh.

And that can be caused by diffrent things, but to simply it probly is one of two sitations.

1. the game still has bugs to be worked out, they worked as hard as they can
2. they are to ****y and expect too much from it, keep chagneing the game (eg Duke Nuken for Never)

Old 09-25-03, 12:11 AM   #9
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally posted by fingermouth
I agree totally about a game coming out buggy i wan't to play a game that is very stable and bug free but when they announce a release for a game they need to keep their word becuase what i think is they do that to kiss ass to video card makers or what doom 3 is doing just building desparation of fans like what soap tv shows do they build a want for it and make people wait so when time is right they all go crazy and buy the game it makes to game makers look good for example when Final fantacey came out it was moved back to different dates and when it came out people went nuts execpt me cuase i don't like role playing games anyway but made people go to the store and buy the game which made the maker of the game look good i thik some of these game date moves are to hype the title in adds or hype like when Quake 3 came out it was so hyped people went in a frenzey after this title. This isn't right if the game is good to go and stable enough let it to the public not get everyones hope up.
..........help .........

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-03, 01:59 AM   #10
StealthHawk

Um...because the game isn't finished yet

Of course that doesn't stop a lot of game releases.
Old 09-25-03, 03:06 AM   #11
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Well timmy err....fingermouth games are delayed for alot of reasons such as the ones mentioned above. I JUST WISH THE WOULD STOP FRIGGING SAYING, SEPTEMBER no OCTOBER no THE HOLIDAY SEASON, no 2004. Sorry to yell I just hate the fact this always seem to happen to a major title every single year. I would rather a game be bug free but man these delays can really turn you off, making your interest go from 99% to about 9%
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-03, 09:33 AM   #12
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Hello my good man.

Well, first of all, Doom3 isnt delayed, they never commited on a date.

They did say 2003, on a HUGE poster even.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote