Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > Other Desktop Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-12, 10:34 PM   #1
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default AMD Leo Tech Demo.

I thought it looked pretty neat. It works on other cards too I think.

http://developer.amd.com/samples/dem...TimeDemos.aspx

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5458/t...ing-and-msaa/3
Quote:
But what if there was a way to have a forward renderer with performance similar to that of a deferred renderer? Thatís what AMD is proposing with one of their key tech demos for the 7000 series: Leo. Leo showcases AMDís solution to the forward rendering lighting performance problem, which is to use a compute shader to implement light culling such that the compute shader identifies the tiles that any specific light will hit ahead of time, and then using that information only the relevant lights are computed on any given tile. The overhead for lighting is still greater than pure deferred rendering (thereís still some unnecessary lighting going on), but as proposed by AMD, it should make complex lighting cheap enough that it can be done in a forward renderer.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 11:00 PM   #2
Rollo

Default Re: AMD Leo Tech Demo.

This is what ATi's driver team worked on for their next release- enjoy!

Next month they'll try to get Batman AC working......

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 11:59 PM   #3
ninelven

Why are you not banned?
ninelven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 12:53 AM   #4
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninelven View Post
Why are you not banned?
As much as I wish he were, this *is* an nVidia fansite. He has ties to nVidia.

He has been banned before btw. Just never permanently.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 01:18 AM   #5
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Another thread derailed by trollo.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 06:25 AM   #6
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninelven View Post
Why are you not banned?
It's not a bannable offense to be a nvidia fan on the nvidia fansite.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 01-29-12, 08:23 AM   #7
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
This is what ATi's driver team worked on for their next release- enjoy!

Next month they'll try to get Batman AC working......
Batman AC worked great on my 6970 on my 55" TV.

Well except for the game itself EATING MY ****ING SAVE GAMES.

Oh, wait, are you talking about 3d support again? You and the top 1% of PC gamers. Leaving nothing for us 99% at the bottom.

How can you be such a zealot? (MONEY) Each company has it's own strengths and weaknesses. I need three monitor support and ATI still is superior in that regard. I really like the RadeonPro, as well - reminds me of some of the older NV 3rd party tools that worked great.

I used 3dFX, then ATI for a few generations until I was sick of their ****, then I used NV for several generations... the better part of a decade.... God bless the 8800 GTX (even though I've gone through several RMA's due to squealing caps, I still love the thing) and then I've had two mid end ATI cards - the 5850 and 6970. Since I don't play in 3d, or play games within the release month, and I need three monitor support, I have VERY few problems with my setup. I tried going to a 570 a few months ago and was displeased with the 3rd party profile support and the inability to drive three monitors. It was a solid beast, don't get me wrong, but it didn't meet my needs.

I don't understand how you can be SO against ATI when they do so many things very well. There is tons that ATI doesn't do well, but NV isn't perfect either.

Why would you use a hammer to screw a nail? Use the best tool for the job, regardless of the label on the box.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 09:45 AM   #8
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I thought it looked pretty neat. It works on other cards too I think.

http://developer.amd.com/samples/dem...TimeDemos.aspx

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5458/t...ing-and-msaa/3
You run it on your Tri-fire system yet?
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-12, 10:03 AM   #9
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
How can you be such a zealot? (MONEY) Each company has it's own strengths and weaknesses. I need three monitor support and ATI still is superior in that regard.
How is ATi superior to NVIDIA in three monitor support?

Last I heard, they had no 3d spanned across three monitors. They do have more cards that "can" do three monitor support on a single GPU, but that's a hollow victory at best.

The only card they make that I'd even consider three monitors with a single GPU is the 7970, and people who buy $550 cards aren't likely to settle for the trade offs and level of performance that would give them. They'd be FAR better off buying a couple 6970s for a few dollars more.

Which brings us back around to the CF drivers. Happen to catch my thread where I/others linked to 6-7 major review sites complaining about the CF drivers? And ATi's biggest fan Kyle Bennett of HardOCP posting he's been dissatisfied with the CF drivers for over a year?

I'm just helping people see all the factors in play when they spend their hard earned money on some gaming graphics cards.

Rig 2:

Old 01-29-12, 10:18 AM   #10
Q

Quote:
How is ATi superior to NVIDIA in three monitor support?

Last I heard, they had no 3d spanned across three monitors. They do have more cards that "can" do three monitor support on a single GPU, but that's a hollow victory at best.

The only card they make that I'd even consider three monitors with a single GPU is the 7970, and people who buy $550 cards aren't likely to settle for the trade offs and level of performance that would give them. They'd be FAR better off buying a couple 6970s for a few dollars more.

Which brings us back around to the CF drivers. Happen to catch my thread where I/others linked to 6-7 major review sites complaining about the CF drivers? And ATi's biggest fan Kyle Bennett of HardOCP posting he's been dissatisfied with the CF drivers for over a year?

I'm just helping people see all the factors in play when they spend their hard earned money on some gaming graphics cards.
I don't do triple monitor gaming, and have nice IPS monitors that won't do 3d. I do a lot of work from this machine in adition to gaming.

I'll agree that CrossFire support is still a joke. SLI is better, but it is still far from a perfect solution even after all these years.

Most of your posts ONLY focus on the negative of ATI while you defend any bad thing with NV. Most of us are here because we've really liked a single or multiple NV cards in our time. But I think as we get older we realize that each company has it's own problems - its just which set you can deal with. If you came across as critical (when it was due) on Nvidia products more often, you wouldn't be labeled a troll.
Old 01-29-12, 10:26 AM   #11
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't do triple monitor gaming, and have nice IPS monitors that won't do 3d. I do a lot of work from this machine in adition to gaming.

I'll agree that CrossFire support is still a joke. SLI is better, but it is still far from a perfect solution even after all these years.

Most of your posts ONLY focus on the negative of ATI while you defend any bad thing with NV. Most of us are here because we've really liked a single or multiple NV cards in our time. But I think as we get older we realize that each company has it's own problems - its just which set you can deal with. If you came across as critical (when it was due) on Nvidia products more often, you wouldn't be labeled a troll.
Have you ever considered that other people take care of pointing out NVIDIA's faults, so I don't need to?

And that no one else posted anything about the 7970 CF or the HD3d so someone needs to?

Check out my post yesterday at XS:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ocking-gtx-590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
The 590 is not a card I would EVER overvolt. A couple web review sites did, the videos of the cards blowing are on Youtube.
Not exactly "pro NVIDIA", just tells it like it is, faults and all.

Rig 2:

Old 01-29-12, 10:29 AM   #12
Q

Quote:
Have you ever considered that other people take care of pointing out NVIDIA's faults, so I don't need to?

And that no one else posted anything about the 7970 CF or the HD3d so someone needs to?

Check out my post yesterday at XS:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ocking-gtx-590

Not exactly "pro NVIDIA", just tells it like it is, faults and all.
Your intentions are good, but they often come out with zealousness. It is many people's perception in this forum that you're a shill. I'm not coming down on you, I just want you to realize that there are things you can do if you want to change perceptions, regardless of your good intentions.