Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-12, 03:35 PM   #1
Cylphid

Question 460m drivers?

Hi guys,

The *only* drivers I've been able to find that work smoothly for my 460m are the 267.54s.

I've been trying several others off laptopvideo2go with the modded .infs and each one is a plague of "driver stopped responding" errors to outright hard crashes.

I'd like to take advantage of performance gains in some of the newer drivers. Am I stuck with the older drivers? Anyone having luck with a newer set?

Oh, Asus G73sw, i72630QM, 8Gb ram...

Thanks for any advice guys, this is rather frustrating....

EDIT: This is a clean install Win7 Ult. 64bit
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 10:47 AM   #2
dukenukemz
duKe_+

Send a message via MSN to dukenukemz
Default Re: 460m drivers?

Have you checked the temperatures on your graphics chip? Lots of times your GPU could be overheating causing complete hard crashes of your system. I have a Asus G74SX with a GTX 560m and i just use the latest beta drivers from the nvidia website and they appear to work fine. I would check the temps on the card and also list what games / applications you are using when you expierence these crashes.
dukenukemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:38 AM   #3
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenukemz View Post
Have you checked the temperatures on your graphics chip? Lots of times your GPU could be overheating causing complete hard crashes of your system. I have a Asus G74SX with a GTX 560m and i just use the latest beta drivers from the nvidia website and they appear to work fine. I would check the temps on the card and also list what games / applications you are using when you expierence these crashes.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Temps were the first thing I checked. The max (that I saw) was 65c using afterburner, idles around 38-41c. These G7Xs are beasts for cooling, but I know a lot of them went out needing a re-paste on the gpu.

Games - I had more crashes 2d, just browsing the web, email etc.

I'll try a set off Nvidia's site and see what happens. I avoided using them as is because of all the posts I saw on notebookreview's forum about needing to use a modded .inf with these. Maybe a bad call on my part....wouldn't be the first time.

Thanks dukenukemz.
Old 01-30-12, 04:39 PM   #4
Cylphid

285.62s installed smooth and play fantastic.

I'll try the easy way first....next time.

Thanks