Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-02, 03:57 PM   #1
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down Pakman doesn't know what he is talking about.

On the front page Pakman blames George Bush Jr. for all of the country's problems. Totally stupid, I totally disagree with that. Oil and gas prices are on the rise because of the problems overseas in venezuela and the mid east. We are poised to attack Iraq because Saddam Hussein is a terrorist, unless Pakman thinks otherwise and likes him, and our economy is doing so bad at the moment because of the aftermath from the terrorist attacks and terrorism as a whole. Plus all those corporate scandals, I don't agree with the way that Bush is handeling the corporate mess, but I don't blame him for all of our country's problems. That is like trying to say that it was Bill Clinton's fault that all of those Army Rangers and Delta Force died in Somolia back in 93, and that it is his fault that we don't have Bin Laden yet, wait, no, it is all his fault. Nevermind.
Old 08-02-02, 05:42 PM   #2
outriding9800

well pakman does have a point ..

bush comes from oil and he probably paying back his favor that he owes the oil industry ( they are the ones who bailed him out when his oil company went bankrupt )

and bush also had a lack of interest in foriegn affairs now we are paying the price.

i am not saying that if he did that we would not have the problems that we are facing today but that they could have been not as bad as they are.

also the president role is to get the economy going and that hasn't happened.
Old 08-02-02, 05:43 PM   #3
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down

You have a point there. Okay, I agree with you.NOT!

Last edited by LORD-eX-Bu; 08-02-02 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-02-02, 06:13 PM   #4
Berg

Still.....the front page is for news not personal views. Leave the personal opinions for the forums. This is exactly what I was refering to earlier in my "staff thread". I understand that Matt has to defend these kids but he calls these lame front page comments "personality". Well fine, call it that, but please dont call it professional. You see sites like AMDWorld, Anandtech, or Amdmb making stupid quotes like these? Cmon, you have to admit its gotten out of hand over the past year, even to the extent your site was attacked. Keep it in the forums but leave the front page to "news" or sidenotes only.

And as far as this:
"also the president role is to get the economy going and that hasn't happened."

Im sure if President Bush had a crystal ball to predict the 9/11 attack, there would of been a economic emergency plan. Dont blame him for the Enrons or Worldcoms that killed the American investors faith.

Last edited by Berg; 08-02-02 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-02-02, 07:46 PM   #5
ExitWound

Send a message via AIM to ExitWound

...Not to mention that the grammar is incorrect on more than one occasion. Perhaps some sort of ok'ing news posting is needed like Envy News has regarding their reviews. The post can be put up, but until it's ok'ed by the other editors, it's not going to make the main page. This would eliminate spelling errors, grammar mistakes, and personal views that shouldn't be there. Just a though.
I'm the Heavy Metal Thunderstriking Jesus. "
Old 08-02-02, 07:53 PM   #6
volt

Default Re: Pakman doesn't know what he is talking about.

Quote:
Originally posted by |TX|-LORD-EX-BU
On the front page Pakman blames George Bush Jr. for all of the country's problems. Totally stupid, I totally disagree with that. Oil and gas prices are on the rise because of the problems overseas in venezuela and the mid east. We are poised to attack Iraq because Saddam Hussein is a terrorist, unless Pakman thinks otherwise and likes him, and our economy is doing so bad at the moment because of the aftermath from the terrorist attacks and terrorism as a whole. Plus all those corporate scandals, I don't agree with the way that Bush is handeling the corporate mess, but I don't blame him for all of our country's problems. That is like trying to say that it was Bill Clinton's fault that all of those Army Rangers and Delta Force died in Somolia back in 93, and that it is his fault that we don't have Bin Laden yet, wait, no, it is all his fault. Nevermind.
Oh so the best way to recover is to go into Iraq and "smoke them out of their holes" eh ? It seems that US can't recover without violance under the pretext of "national security"
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 08-02-02, 08:16 PM   #7
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

This is the Feedback Forum, no need to get in a political debate here, save it for the Open Forum...

And Berg, I agree on you with this one...personal views should be left at home. I don't mind the occasional quip, but this just might be pushing it a bit...
Old 08-02-02, 09:36 PM   #8
StealthHawk

guys, the effect of policy on the economy is not immediate, no matter what changes are made maybe in the stock market, but not on the real economy.

Old 08-02-02, 11:25 PM   #9
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down Re: Re: Pakman doesn't know what he is talking about.

Quote:
Originally posted by d1rX

Oh so the best way to recover is to go into Iraq and "smoke them out of their holes" eh ? It seems that US can't recover without violance under the pretext of "national security"
Nobody in Iraq is gonna get "smoked out of their holes". Protecting the united states, heck, any country, has required the use of force. This is no different, if we attack, which we will, we will be more than justified in doing so. Hussein has been in there way too long, he has been lucky that he has been able to remain in power due to the democrat's mutilation of the CIA and its powers. Bush Sr. let Hussein slip away, Clinton sat on his lap and this time his card is up. In order to recover from a problem you have to remove the problem first. Otherwise it will come back and bite us in the ass like it already has. "Eh".

Oh by the way, before anything else is said I suggest someone moves this forum or something. Eh.

Last edited by LORD-eX-Bu; 08-02-02 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-02-02, 11:29 PM   #10
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Hey Matt, I saw that conan picture, LMAO!
Old 08-03-02, 12:00 AM   #11
Berg

lol....thanks Matt. Didnt want to get u mad at me

But maybe ExitWound has a point. Maybe someway they can run their articles by you or Mike before its posted. That way, all misspellings, double posts, or comments can be reviewed before it's posted to the front page. Just a thought.
Old 08-03-02, 12:01 AM   #12
volt

No I will just close it because it will develop just like the other one in the open forums. Read your PM by the way.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Closed Thread