Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-11, 08:29 PM   #1
Moo
*BANNNED*

Default Official Forza Motorsport 4 Feedback Thread

This is scoring pretty high on Metacritic currently... released yesterday, anyone picked it up already?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

Quote:
IGN: Like the step up from FIFA 11 to FIFA 12, there's no going back to Forza 3 now. The changes and updates are too welcome and widespread. The improved visuals, the added cars on track, the wealth of new race types, the tweaked AI and closer racing, the ferocious sound and superior sense of speed, the even better livery editor, the lot. With Forza 4 Turn 10 has crafted a driving game like no other; it's hands-down this generation's premier racing simulator.
Quote:
GamePro: Put them all together, and you have the ultimate automotive playground. A place where car buffs can come together and enjoy virtually every aspect of car culture you can think of and engage in fierce, beautifully articulated competition. Its a remarkable achievement, and the reason why Forza 4 accelerates down the final straight and leaves Gran Turismo 5 eating its dust, crossing the finish line as the best racing game in the world today, tomorrow, and probably for the next few years.
Quote:
Xbox Magazine: Put simply, though, no other car game on Xbox and wed dare say any other platform even approaches Forza 4s depth, versatility, beauty, and community support. Its so comprehensive that theres probably nowhere for the series to go from here except onto the inevitable Xbox 720. Until then, enjoy every minute of this ride.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 11:23 PM   #2
MowTin

Default Re: Forza Motorsport 4

I want to try it but I just don't have the time. I still haven't played Dirt 2 or Shift 2. It's been a long time since I played GT5 although I love it. I just wish I had a dedicated racing setup. Setting up the wheel each time I want to play becomes a drag after a while.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 07:19 AM   #3
DJMONDY

I'm picking it up tomorrow, can't wait

Im loving the included Top Gear tracks and stuff like that but can anyone confirm one thing for me. Can you choose a transit van to go round the nurburgring in??
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77
OCZ Petrol 128GB SSD - MS Windows 7 64Bit
500GB HDD - Windows XP
250GB HDD - Windows Vista

SStone 850W PFC PSU QuadSLi
Sony 52HX903 3DTV
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 02:45 PM   #4
ViN86

I loved Forza 3, so I will definitely get this. Now, when I will get this, I don't know. I still have to play GOW3 (campaign) and Dark Souls, and Uncharted 3 and BF3 are coming out soon. Oh yea, Modern Warfare 3 is coming out this fall. ****.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 12:04 AM   #5
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Got the game today and sofar it's great , handling is improved and the visuals aswell. The carmodels/lighting looks way better than i thought was possible on this hardware. Barely scratched the surface of the game though but sofar a major step up in overall quality compared to F3.
Awesome. What about game length compared to F3? Is it a lot longer? Are there a lot more cars? Is it two discs or one? Is it a similar setup to F3 and GT5?

SO MANY QUESTIONS
Old 10-15-11, 11:22 AM   #6
ViN86

Thanks sammy

It looks amazing. I just finished downloading the demo a little while ago from XBL so I will have to check it out. If things continue this way, Dark Souls may have to wait until I'm done with Forza 4. lol
Old 10-15-11, 05:59 PM   #7
Logical

Forza motorsport, the soul reason i throw my kids of the X360 to play on it. Will be picking Forza 4 up by christmas as i am just gonna be way too occupied with the upcoming PC FPS games in the next couple of month.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:05 PM   #8
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post

I'd say that the carmodels are on par or better with GT5's now and since the enviroments were better in F3 already the improvements they've made visually look really nice. I like the new tiremodel/handling aswell, the cars feel weightier and understeer/oversteer more convincingly. Love the game sofar but a wheel would be awesome.
Awesome, sounds like the handling is great. I have a MS wheel. It's not top of the line, but it gets the job done.

Old 10-16-11, 07:46 PM   #9
Moo
*BANNNED*

Better graphics and controls.

Fantastic game

In the "old" days, Epic provided plenty of free content for UT series after release. Just wish this is still the trend, instead of niggling microtransactions.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 08:15 PM   #10
ahheadlock

I really want to play this game.

i bought it, and it sat there while i was too busy to play it. Then one day - i had an hour free, the wife wasn't watching TV, life was good. I thought to myself "i'm going to play forza 4!". I turned on the xbox, and put it in the drive - excitement brewing. Then "this disc is unreadable, FK YOU BUDDY". I spent the next hour trying to get the damn thing to read discs. It detected it once and i got as far as the intro. This is the third time the DVD drive on this xbox has gone.

so now my forza 4 is sitting there, silently wondering why i dont play it. While my piece of fkn sh!t xbox laughs at me while i try not to smash it into a million bits with a hammer.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 04:16 AM   #11
Quick420

I wonder if the original 360 wheel works?
2x2gb Ddr2 1066mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
3xWD WD5000AAKS 500gb/sata300/ 1xSeagate 320gb Ide(tuuunz)
X-fi Fatality Pro*ASUS VH242H 24"LCD*:::Windoze 7-64bit:::
Sony DvD/Ram-Drive
Logitech G25
3dmark06 17,898 Vantage 12,851

If the light is GREEN the trap is clean
Quick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 09:19 AM   #12
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheadlock View Post
I really want to play this game.

i bought it, and it sat there while i was too busy to play it. Then one day - i had an hour free, the wife wasn't watching TV, life was good. I thought to myself "i'm going to play forza 4!". I turned on the xbox, and put it in the drive - excitement brewing. Then "this disc is unreadable, FK YOU BUDDY". I spent the next hour trying to get the damn thing to read discs. It detected it once and i got as far as the intro. This is the third time the DVD drive on this xbox has gone.

so now my forza 4 is sitting there, silently wondering why i dont play it. While my piece of fkn sh!t xbox laughs at me while i try not to smash it into a million bits with a hammer.