Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-02, 03:51 PM   #13
Megatron
Powered by 6800GT

Quote:
Originally posted by ibGoodEnuf
I can understand why you guys are so sandy: you both are scoring about 3000 points under what you should be. Unquestionably you both own a card that has shown a measure of supremacy over my current one, but you cant make them run for s**t. Put a 9700 in my machine and I score 14000+ guaranteed.
Yep...how quickly the tune changes from this

"You obviously are going to need some advantage as your card aint one. I will post default score ASAP."

To this after the default bench most likely showed him the truth

"Unquestionably you both own a card that has shown a measure of supremacy over my current one"

And the reason Im not getting 14,000 marks is because 3DMark isnt that important to me son...if I wanted to risk frying my mobo and jacking the bus to 174 like you, Id have the 14,000 marks. But who really cares, I run at defaults..when the card gets too slow, Ill buy another.It has nothing to do with me being able to /or not to do something as simple as bumping the fsb.

And I should reword my post about the Quake 3 engine comment...i should have said the "Game" and not "engine" because you are correct the engine itself is powering some very nice games.
Windows XP
Old 09-12-02, 03:56 PM   #14
Megatron
Powered by 6800GT

[quote]Originally posted by ibGoodEnuf
I can understand why you guys are so sandy: you both are scoring about 3000 points under what you should be. /QUOTE]

Hehehe really...for my configuration and card, my 11,700ish score is just about right. Not everyone is bitten by the OCing bug son..
3,000 points lower? I think not...hell someone just broke 20K marks...so I guess that now we should consider ourselves about 9,000ish marks low...oh boo hoo I guess I F`Ed up building this rig...what`ll i do.......
Windows XP
Old 09-12-02, 04:03 PM   #15
ibGoodEnuf

AH, Asshopper, how wrong you are. I have not been home to run test referred to in post made 3 hrs ago. I am old enough to work for a living and this sometimes presents an obstacle to benching at the spur of the moment. Not easy enough to bench through VNC.
Old 09-12-02, 05:38 PM   #16
styles-T
-========-

its amazing how ppl cheat to get high 3dmark scores..it shows how many losers are out there..
Old 09-13-02, 01:32 AM   #17
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

I don't cheat. I just overclock to the extreme. Like someone else had said before, it's like a car. You want to test it, fix it and coddle it. Of course cheating is using unethical means to achieve something. That of course in 3dmark results in photoshop editing and similar things.
Old 09-13-02, 08:21 AM   #18
SnakeEyes

Send a message via ICQ to SnakeEyes
Exclamation

[quote]Originally posted by Megatron
Quote:
Originally posted by ibGoodEnuf
I can understand why you guys are so sandy: you both are scoring about 3000 points under what you should be. /QUOTE]

Hehehe really...for my configuration and card, my 11,700ish score is just about right. Not everyone is bitten by the OCing bug son..
3,000 points lower? I think not...hell someone just broke 20K marks...so I guess that now we should consider ourselves about 9,000ish marks low...oh boo hoo I guess I F`Ed up building this rig...what`ll i do.......
Erm, Megatron. I'm not trying to join the personal insult-fest you two have going, but ibGoodEnuf's right about your score being too low for that particular rig. My unoverclocked 2100+ with an unoverclocked GF4Ti4600 using the 29.42 drivers scored around 11k in the default 3DMark2K1SE benchmark. From your sig it appears your processor isn't that much slower than mine is (er, when NOT overclocked), and I know that the video card isn't slower than mine, overclocked or not. I would expect a minimum of 13500 out of R9700 on an XP2000+ or higher AthlonXP processor.

Sorry to have interrupted, feel free to return to your regularly programmed arguments on 3DMark mastery now.
Old 09-13-02, 11:54 AM   #19
LoRD.MuAD'diB
Kwisatz Haderach

Megatron,

There's nothing wrong with overclocking. It's simply a matter of getting the most out of the rig you paid for. If it's your box, and you fully understand the methodology and implications of your actions, then it's well within your rights to do with it as you please. Nobody would sweat me if I was to light my box on fire and watch it burn to the ground, so why then do they suddenly care when I overclock? It's no different than driving over the speed limit, or taking a friend with you so you can use the carpool lane, or making a modification to your engine to get a little more performance out of it. You are old enough to own a car, right?

~~And now for the much anticipated, fun part~~

You, my friend, have what we call an inferiority complex. You see someone with the ability to prove you wrong with a simple statement, and suddenly the whole world is against you. Do us all a favor and get off your soap box, put the pipe down, grab a beer, and just relax for a change. Just because you don't have the cognitive capacity to get the upmost performance out of your machine, doesn't mean that the rest of us are cheating for understanding and embracing such a daunting concept as overclocking. Get a grip man. If I can break 10k with a Radeon 8500, and your only getting 11.7 with a 9700, there's something seriously wrong with either you or your rig (or both).

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3823775
Old 09-13-02, 12:57 PM   #20
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Okie, that's enough out of everyone.

--Thread closed--

Closed Thread