Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-05, 11:42 PM   #145
orbitech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 20
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevor
What's the point??? I dunno, why do we guys run SuperPI 32M over at XS? Since it's single threaded it's useless I guess. So name a bunch of existing dual threaded apps and 3D games. Yes, you'll win for sure when those come out!

I am at 300x10, 2.5-3-3-7 at 1.36 VCORE, for starters. Yes, we are indeed comparing apples with oranges.

If you really think your dual core is superior, post something over at XS and let's see what happens. I was just over there and I see nothing about these Nvidia drivers setting the world on fire. Not to say you are wrong.
Once again ur jumping into wrong conclusions m8, and I don't see why.. Now where did I say that Super Pi is useless? For Gods sake it's the most common program measuring speed and stability in pcs did I argue that? I said what's the point of giving me the results in something that is heavily dependant on raw speed and is single threaded? And I continued by saying that I can show you many multi threaded benchmarks too.. Whta's the point in that too?
Plz read between the lines, and don't tell me to visit XS, I've been doing it a long time now..
I'll ignore ur way of thinking about me(that I consider my x2 superior). I know better than you why did I buy my dual core . But I will tell you this. I wouldn't spend the premium of 1000$ for nothing.Not for a single or a dual core or anything else. I have never done it in the past for many yrs(since 1990) and certainly I will never do it, for always an insanely bad price/perf ratio just to win some benches. But that's just me You see I don't ran only benches and games, I do a lot of 3dcreation too, so here for me x2 was a win-win situation.
Apples to apples that is the point as you agreed. Gaming performance. That's what I'm interested at. For other purposes I know very well where do I win and where do I loose, don't worry
__________________
A64 x2 4400+ @2.7GHz (xp90c ) (10X270)
DFI LanParty SLI - DR (bios v 623-3)
2x512 Mushkin Redline 3500 (2-2-2-5) 9:10
MSI GeForce 7800GTX
Antec Neopower 480W
Coolermaster Stacker
Audigy 2 ZS @ Logitech Z-680
Leadtek Winfast PVR2000
WD 36.7 SATA Raptor
2x80 WD 7200rpm
Plextor 708A , NEC 3520A
Aerocool Gatewatch Panel
HP printer scanner
orbitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 01:11 AM   #146
Clevor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 220
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Hmmm, how much did that 4400+ cost? Last I checked around $525. And how about that 7800 GTX? Maybe $480? You are hardly a penny pincher.

Why did I get an FX-57? Because I was very lucky to get 4 Winnies that ran 2700-2760 from the gitgo. Then I upgraded to two 3700+ San Diegos that run 2900-2950 (that was a big jump). So I'm bored here the last six months. Where is there to go? Get a 4800+ X2 and take a chance of doing 2800? That's going backwards. Me, I'll wait for the technology/cores to improve and for more multitasking apps to appear.

FX-57 was the only place to go; no choice. Is your or my CPU worth the money? Is our video cards worth that amount? Of course not. It's all a rip off.

I'm in Japan and I can sell my FX used and get $500 for it tommorrow. So I can upgrade later to X2s or whatever.

I can't say I am disappointed in my FX-57. I have never seen anything run 3000 mhz at 1.36 volts like this; it clears every benchmark and 3D app I can throw at it: PCMark2004, both CPU tests in 3DMark2005, 30' of the IL-2 demo, and of course 32M. My idle temps on a HC200 are 28C and load is 38C.

Plus I had trouble completing 32M on my San Diegos at 290-295x10, 2.5-3-3-7, even though I could run there with UTT at stuff like 268x11, 2-2-2-6. That type of HTT and timings too tough on the CPU/chipset. I thought I needed phase to supercool the core. I tried 300x10 on a lark with the FX-57 and it passed 32M, on default voltage at that!

I just got a used MachII for cheap, and I guess 3400-3500 mhz is in the cards there. I'll ramp to maybe 3200 on water first, so I don't blow my wad at once.

This kind of money is nothing; go check the guys on Newegg who posted reviews of those 7800 GTXs. Couple of guys bought two cards for SLI. If all you are interested in is 3D gaming that's the way to go. But SLI ain't gonna improve my SuperPI times much.

Yeah you got your agenda I got mine. Be happy with yours, I am happy with mine .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FX57at300times10_defvolt_TCCD_32Mb.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	13631  
__________________
DFI SLI-D
510-2 BIOS
FX-57, 0530APMW
300x10 at default VCORE (1.36 volts)
2x512MB GSkill FF at 2.5-3-3-7 (2.8 VDIMM)
X850XT PE at default clock
Corsair HC200

SuperPI 32M=24'14"
SuperPI 1M=27.187"
Clevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 05:00 AM   #147
orbitech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 20
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevor
Hmmm, how much did that 4400+ cost? Last I checked around $525. And how about that 7800 GTX? Maybe $480? You are hardly a penny pincher.
No I'm definately not a penny picher but on the other hand I'm not giving my money away.. I wouldn't pay as I said the premium of almost doubling the price for a FX-57(to have the best gaming cpu) or a 4800+ (just to get 200Mhz on the core). If price /perf on my case is horrible,then you understand what that makes the latter option

Quote:
Why did I get an FX-57? Because I was very lucky to get 4 Winnies that ran 2700-2760 from the gitgo. Then I upgraded to two 3700+ San Diegos that run 2900-2950 (that was a big jump). So I'm bored here the last six months. Where is there to go? Get a 4800+ X2 and take a chance of doing 2800? That's going backwards. Me, I'll wait for the technology/cores to improve and for more multitasking apps to appear.
Well as I said everyone for his needs. You need to bench using exotic ways of cooling your FX-57 to reach some scores in Super Pi and some other stuff. I overpaid (usually spend 300-350$ max) on my dual cpu, because I felt that it was the first time that I should spend more for my purposes. Now if all you want to do is bench in single threaded applications then by all means you did well buying your FX-57. I wanted my cpu for bussiness,pleasure,multitasking as a more complete package. For you that you want to benchmark is backwards for me that wants a complete package from his pc is a step beyond a single core.We are both happy with our needs.

Quote:
FX-57 was the only place to go; no choice. Is your or my CPU worth the money? Is our video cards worth that amount? Of course not. It's all a rip off.

I'm in Japan and I can sell my FX used and get $500 for it tommorrow. So I can upgrade later to X2s or whatever.
Well of course you can do that but that doesn't negate the fact in my eyes that you paid 1000$ for a cpu. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to criticise you,I just state that because it's something that I would never do.

Quote:
I can't say I am disappointed in my FX-57. I have never seen anything run 3000 mhz at 1.36 volts like this; it clears every benchmark and 3D app I can throw at it: PCMark2004, both CPU tests in 3DMark2005, 30' of the IL-2 demo, and of course 32M. My idle temps on a HC200 are 28C and load is 38C.

Plus I had trouble completing 32M on my San Diegos at 290-295x10, 2.5-3-3-7, even though I could run there with UTT at stuff like 268x11, 2-2-2-6. That type of HTT and timings too tough on the CPU/chipset. I thought I needed phase to supercool the core. I tried 300x10 on a lark with the FX-57 and it passed 32M, on default voltage at that!

I just got a used MachII for cheap, and I guess 3400-3500 mhz is in the cards there. I'll ramp to maybe 3200 on water first, so I don't blow my wad at once.
Have you primed all these yet? Stability is long FTTs and mixed tests in prime for at least 24hrs.. That is a stable cpu. I wish you the best ...

Quote:
This kind of money is nothing; go check the guys on Newegg who posted reviews of those 7800 GTXs. Couple of guys bought two cards for SLI. If all you are interested in is 3D gaming that's the way to go. But SLI ain't gonna improve my SuperPI times much.
I would never pay the premium of 2 cards in SLI. My childish days are over when I had my Voodoos in SLI.
Now I find this an insult in my inteligence to have two cards in SLI or Crossfire if I don't use greater than UXGA resolutions with a high end monitor. I want 1600x1200 with 4AA/16AF if possible. 90% of my gaming needs are covered amazingly by a single high end gpu. Why waste more? Just to bench in 3dmock and other synthetic crap? No I think I'll pass. I paid way too much money for my 7800GTX . And I want these game benches just for reference to see where I stand with these drivers, that the whole point not compete with SLI cards and exotic ways of cooling o/ced FX-57s.

Quote:
Yeah you got your agenda I got mine. Be happy with yours, I am happy with mine .
Amen to that bro
__________________
A64 x2 4400+ @2.7GHz (xp90c ) (10X270)
DFI LanParty SLI - DR (bios v 623-3)
2x512 Mushkin Redline 3500 (2-2-2-5) 9:10
MSI GeForce 7800GTX
Antec Neopower 480W
Coolermaster Stacker
Audigy 2 ZS @ Logitech Z-680
Leadtek Winfast PVR2000
WD 36.7 SATA Raptor
2x80 WD 7200rpm
Plextor 708A , NEC 3520A
Aerocool Gatewatch Panel
HP printer scanner
orbitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 06:29 PM   #148
Clevor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 220
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Hell, I'm going to try to break 100k Aquamark on a single X850XT PE at default clock . All CPU .
__________________
DFI SLI-D
510-2 BIOS
FX-57, 0530APMW
300x10 at default VCORE (1.36 volts)
2x512MB GSkill FF at 2.5-3-3-7 (2.8 VDIMM)
X850XT PE at default clock
Corsair HC200

SuperPI 32M=24'14"
SuperPI 1M=27.187"
Clevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 02:44 AM   #149
Lars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 118
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevor
Hell, I'm going to try to break 100k Aquamark on a single X850XT PE at default clock . All CPU .
Good luck to ya' It can be done, but it's going to take a whole lot of cpu speed indeed. Breaking 100k with a single 7800GTX however is quite a bit easier.

Having tried out an Abit NI8 SLI (nforce 4 Intel Ed.) motherboard with somewhat limited cpu overclocking abilities, I still get a better Aquamark score @ default resolution with a single 7800GTX.

So P4 @ 4.65 Ghz with 2x 7800GTX in SLI scores approx. 105k in AM3

and P4 @ 5.1 Ghz with a single 7800GTX scores approx. 107k in AM3

The SLI setup is obviously much faster @ 1600x1200 4x fsaa 16x af, which is my preferred gaming resolution. However even a single 7800GTX is very cpu limited @ 1024x768 resolution, and 7800GTX in SLI is almost entirely cpu bound/limited, even at much higher resolutions as well.

Putting 2x 7800GTX in SLI isn't going to get you a very high AM3 score unless you have a highly overclocked to pair them with. Even a default clocked FX-57 will not be remotely enough to utilize the potential of 2x 7800GTX's in SLI at lower resolutions.
__________________
Pentium E6600 ES 2.4@3.5 Ghz | Mach II GT | Asus P5WD2-E | 2GB Corsair PC5400UL | X-Fi Fata1ity
Viewsonic VP201s + Dell 2001FP | 2x Club3D x1900xt CF | 2x WD Raptors | PCP&C 850W PSU
3dmark2001se 62845 | 3dmark05 20043 | 3dmark06 11642 | 3dmark03 36921 | pcmark05 9754
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 06:39 PM   #150
Clevor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 220
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars
Good luck to ya' It can be done, but it's going to take a whole lot of cpu speed indeed. Breaking 100k with a single 7800GTX however is quite a bit easier.

Having tried out an Abit NI8 SLI (nforce 4 Intel Ed.) motherboard with somewhat limited cpu overclocking abilities, I still get a better Aquamark score @ default resolution with a single 7800GTX.

So P4 @ 4.65 Ghz with 2x 7800GTX in SLI scores approx. 105k in AM3

and P4 @ 5.1 Ghz with a single 7800GTX scores approx. 107k in AM3

The SLI setup is obviously much faster @ 1600x1200 4x fsaa 16x af, which is my preferred gaming resolution. However even a single 7800GTX is very cpu limited @ 1024x768 resolution, and 7800GTX in SLI is almost entirely cpu bound/limited, even at much higher resolutions as well.

Putting 2x 7800GTX in SLI isn't going to get you a very high AM3 score unless you have a highly overclocked to pair them with. Even a default clocked FX-57 will not be remotely enough to utilize the potential of 2x 7800GTX's in SLI at lower resolutions.
Thanks for the info. Geez, I remember the day when the X850XT PE was the fastest card around. Of course, ATI's next offering may stomp the 7800 GTX.

While I have UTT that can do 270, 2-2-2-6, I don't think 270x11=2970 will break 100k at default clock. It will be a good try though. But I think 266x12=3192, 2-2-2-6 will do it - maybe pretty easy with those kind of ram timings. One thing good about the FX is the upper multis are unlocked. If that don't work, than 270x12=3240 or 270x13=3510+phase should do it . Heck, I'm shooting for 32M stable there so passing Aquamark should be a cakewalk.

I've heard the 7800 GTX can be CPU limited . I guess the later cards can still use more CPU. More good news for my FX . However I need to stick with the ATI for benchmarking as all my empirical data are based on it. Switching to another card will throw everything out the window. I mainly need the Nvidia to populate my other PCI-E rig.
__________________
DFI SLI-D
510-2 BIOS
FX-57, 0530APMW
300x10 at default VCORE (1.36 volts)
2x512MB GSkill FF at 2.5-3-3-7 (2.8 VDIMM)
X850XT PE at default clock
Corsair HC200

SuperPI 32M=24'14"
SuperPI 1M=27.187"
Clevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 03:01 AM   #151
mcbacker
McBacker
 
mcbacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 302
Send a message via MSN to mcbacker
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58229

MC
mcbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-05, 02:41 PM   #152
FalcX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 45
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Score at all stock, auto settings on my new ABit AV8 mb. 2x1024 OCZ 2-3-2-5 DDR400 ram. Using the 81.84 drivers.


Processor:
Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Name: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
SpeedMHz: 2247
Type: 0
Family: 15
Model: 3
Stepping: 2
Flags: 0xE3D3FBFF
Number: 2
HyperThreading: n/a
MemoryOS: 2146938880
Graphics:
Description: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
Vendor: 4318
Device: 69
SubSys: 33820894
Revision: 161
CoreClock: 5
MemoryClock: 176
Driver: nv4_disp.dll
DriverVersion: 6.14.10.8184
VideoMemory: 263192576
TextureMemory: 379584512
OperatingSystem:
Version: Microsoft Windows XP
Type:
Build: Service Pack 2 2600
Run0:
DisplayWidth: 1024
DisplayHeight: 768
DisplayDepth: 32
AntialiasingMode: 0
AntialiasingQuality: 0
AnisotropicFiltering: 4
DetailLevel: 4
AvgFPS: 69.936737
MinFPS: 25.000000
MaxFPS: 155.000000
AvgFPSRender: 105.440521
AvgFPSSimulation: 207.699036
AvgTrianglesPerSecond: 21053206
MinTrianglesPerSecond: 3718084
MaxTrianglesPerSecond: 39620196
AquamarkScoreRender: 10545
AquamarkScoreSimulation: 10384
AquamarkScore: 69936
__________________
My Rig:
Abit IP 35 Pro, Q6600 @ 3ghz with True,
EVGA 8800 Ultra, 2x1024 Crucial Ballistex 8500, BENQ 241W LCD
2x Seagate 250 gig SATA ,SATA LiteOn DVD Rom w/ lightscribe and DVD-RW
X-Fi Fatality, Logitech Z5300 Speakers,
CM 690 w/ 6x120mm,1-80mm , PC P&C Silencer 750w(black)
WIN XP PRO, SP2
FalcX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-05, 09:38 PM   #153
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH
 
SH64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,202
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Woohoo finally passed the 100k with no OC!


__________________


- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 07:55 PM   #154
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH
 
SH64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,202
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

(Ignore the benchy above )

Score = 121,712
GPU = 20,523 , CPU = 14,948

Conore @2.7Ghz , X1900XTX (stock).

man aquamark is such a good benchmark for new CPUs!
__________________


- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 02:54 PM   #155
DataMatrix
*BANNED*
 
DataMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: UK, Liverpool
Posts: 519
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

Whoo! Checkout mine (in my sig)
DataMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 07:46 AM   #156
ZK2006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SE Missouri
Posts: 9
Default Re: Official AquaMark 3 thread

DisplayWidth: 1024
DisplayHeight: 768
DisplayDepth: 32
AntialiasingMode: 0
AntialiasingQuality: 0
AnisotropicFiltering: 4
DetailLevel: 4
AvgFPS: 101.100906
MinFPS: 44.117626
MaxFPS: 197.000000
AvgFPSRender: 156.779495
AvgFPSSimulation: 284.624603
AvgTrianglesPerSecond: 30434624
MinTrianglesPerSecond: 5478909
MaxTrianglesPerSecond: 76303670
AquamarkScoreRender: 15678
AquamarkScoreSimulation: 14232
AquamarkScore: 101100
__________________
ASUS P5N32 SLI Premium BIOS 0701
Core 2 Duo E6700
Zalman CNPS9500AT
2g Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 (1g died recently)
eVGA Geforce 8800GTX w/158.18WHQL
Creative X-Fi Platinum
(2)Raptor X 150g
WD 250g 7200 SATA
WD 500g 7200 SATA
PC P&C 1K Quad-Sli PSU
XP SP2 32bit
Vista Home Premium 32bit
ZK2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official GeForce GTX 670 Review and Discussion Thread MikeC NVIDIA GeForce 600 Series 23 10-28-12 10:19 AM
Official nForce 2 Thread Matthyahuw CPUs, Motherboards And Memory 148 04-16-03 04:39 AM
Official Linux driver 1.0-3123 thread bammbamm808 NVIDIA Linux 126 12-05-02 06:21 PM
Official Grand Theft Auto 3 thread volt Gaming Central 6 08-01-02 07:04 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.